Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Remove this Banner Ad

Really enjoy the show, I don’t agree with everything Sam especially can go on with. But at least they all can agree to disagree and get over it, have a chuckle etc

good show

sam gets a bum rap in the media, I still think he is good value

enjoyed warnes episodes

interesting views on depression. it's a convenient excuse according to sam and warne.

thats not quite what they said

sam was talking about the potential for it to be exploited in non genuine cases

dunstall episode was good

Yes indeed

Sams belief that franklins depression was “fake” but Lyons was not is thought provoking

Yeah think he had the Franklin time frame short

But it’s not the first time they hinted at all knowing more re buddy and others

Yeah think he had the Franklin time frame short

But it’s not the first time they hinted at all knowing more re buddy and others

true that.

its always intersting when listening to these guys discuss the D word. Their mates who say they have depression, do have it. Anyone else.....there's a bit of doubt.

but don raised a great point.....could it be a fad? It was chronic fatigue before, now its this.

i like to believe that becayse there's greater awareness and discussion, more is fleshed out

Great episode with Jason Dunstall. I knew before it started that it would be good and didn't disappoint. He defiantly doesn't pull any punches on any topic and is quite humble considering his achievements.
I'd like to know more on why he and Derm don't really get along other than a 'G'day how ya going' but I guess from afar it's just a clash of personalities. His delivery in storytelling is very good. Jason should do more podcasts talking about general topics.
i would welcome that

true that.

its always intersting when listening to these guys discuss the D word. Their mates who say they have depression, do have it. Anyone else.....there's a bit of doubt.

but don raised a great point.....could it be a fad? It was chronic fatigue before, now its this.

Maxwells came from out of nowhere and could of been more a mental burnout issue rather than depression.

The young Victorian batsman is a real concern though, I've heard a few people say he has been battling depression since he was 14.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to say, I've never really been a fan of Whateley but his episode was brilliant. He's a pretty intelligent bloke and almost self effacing in the way he took responsibility for the rift between himself and Ross Lyon.
He's converted me, can now say I'm a fan
That's interesting, because my impression of Whateley from that episode was, for the most part, the opposite, and I'm now even LESS likely to listen to him.

Yes, he's a smart guy who can speak, and yes, I suppose it was somewhat humble of him to admit that he went too far on the Ross Lyon thing, but for the rest of the podcast he comes across as a self-important twat who reckons his job is up there with the Prime Minister's.

And how about his so-called stance against gambling, apparently insisting that he doesn't have a sponsored betting segment on his show?!! What a fakking joke. Where does he think his massive wage comes from? He obviously knows where it comes from: a fair whack of it comes from advertising from betting companies. And he sounded so PROUD the way he said it. Fakking hypocrite. To state the bleeding obvious: if he's so against gambling sponsorship, he shoulda stayed at the ABC.

Smoke was coming out of me ears when I heard that bit. I'm gettin angry again just thinking about it. HA :p

Last edited:
That's interesting, because my impression of Whateley from that episode was, for the most part, the opposite, and I'm now even LESS likely to listen to him.

Yes, he's a smart guy who can speak, and yes, I suppose it was somewhat humble of him to admit that he went too far on the Ross Lyon thing, but for the rest of the podcast he comes across as a self-important twat who reckons his job is up there with the Prime Minister's.

And how about his so-called stance against gambling, apparently insisting that he doesn't have a sponsored betting segment on his show?!! What a fakking joke. Where does he think his massive wage comes from? He obviously knows where it comes from: a fair whack of it comes from advertising from betting companies. And he sounded so PROUD the way he said it. Fakking hypocrite. To state the bleeding obvious: if he's so against gambling sponsorship, he shoulda stayed at the ABC.

Smoke was coming out of me ears when I heard that bit. I'm gettin angry again just thinking about it. HA :p
u mad?

if GW wanted no part of gambling, then sports and he should not mix

The dual episode this week was largely boring - the Lord Mayor of Melbourne, and Mike's daughter Lizzie again.

Some discussion again about Mark Jackson on Open Mike and Rex Hunt on the podcast.

Mike really is very sensitive to any blowback.

Here's some Big Footy crossover. In-Joy!! :p

The Sheahan family have had their share of adventures, for sure. My memory's a bit hazy but here's how I recall the story's unfolding. During the Christmas holidays one fateful year, Mike decided it was time to "go bush", since his family were mostly urban dwellers due to the newspaper he ran at the time. So Mike took his wife and two children on a camping trip to the Grampians to soak in the sun and enjoy all that nature had to offer. However, one particular night of camping, nature wasn't being too kind to old Mikey. So he decided to scroll through his phone contacts with a feverish excitement (mobile phones being the new technology at the time) and picked out an old acquaintance known as Rosie. Well long story short, Rosie arrived, knees covered in dirt and Mike and her completed the transaction on top of one of the deck chairs about a furlong away from the camping site (a furlong being a unit of distance at the time). At some point during the completion of said transaction, Mike's wife awoke from inside the family's tent and noticed her husband missing (probably just out taking a piss). That was until about 30 minutes later, she spotted a high-heel clad woman descending the mountain with a rolled up Herald Sun sticking out of her back pocket. Next thing you know Mike is laying off employees and selling company assets so he can keep his head above water. It probably explains the drop off in quality the last decade. Mike's doing fine now, he has a show on Fox Footy called Open Mike.

Lord Mayor, Sally Capp, made Newman look a complete ignoramus. Not that that is a difficult task.

She did, it was one of the worst episodes. If you were playing Newman bingo with all the points that he constantly brings up that aren’t even his thoughts just what the right wing media tell him to believe you would’ve got bingo 10 plus times.

She did, it was one of the worst episodes. If you were playing Newman bingo with all the points that he constantly brings up that aren’t even his thoughts just what the right wing media tell him to believe you would’ve got bingo 10 plus times.

african gangs
climate change
pells innocence
transgenders
public toilets - gender neutral
trump good
obama/clinton bad

Great call by Mike Sheahan who called him out on it too, he doesn't watch Q and A and hates it, he only reads what Andrew Bolt says about it.

Mike Sheahan's daughter cracks me up, her comment about the Rex Hunt episode was gold: "You could tell he was completely ****ed in the head"!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back