Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Remove this Banner Ad

I was actually referring to your third paragraph :)

"One wonders if andrews says stuff it, open up everything, will or would this make sam or bolt etc happy? The answer is no, because should a spike occur, the government should have stayed the course."
I dont think Sam or members of the ilk will be happy with whatever andrews does, even if he opens the state up again (which wont happen)

I dont think Sam or members of the ilk will be happy with whatever andrews does, even if he opens the state up again (which wont happen)
Well yeah, I wouldn't be happy with someone if he single-handledly destroyed a State I lived in and that State's constituent's livelihoods.... I think that's pretty reasonable.

Well yeah, I wouldn't be happy with someone if he single-handledly destroyed a State I lived in and that State's constituent's livelihoods.... I think that's pretty reasonable.
Yes. My point reading between the lines is that Sam's bias, and people in general from all sides, gets in the way at times. For example, if golf is opened up Sam would be happy but will continue on the "why wasnt it opened last week/before". The opposition, again both sides, will always argue for the sake of it.

Yes. My point reading between the lines is that Sam's bias, and people in general from all sides, gets in the way at times. For example, if golf is opened up Sam would be happy but will continue on the "why wasnt it opened last week/before". The opposition, again both sides, will always argue for the sake of it.
All the alp premiers in other states did a fine job, Andrews didn't, difference is well documented.
Doesnt matter what political affiliation you have thats pretty plain to see.
Of course people aren't going to respect Andrews now, he's proven his incompetence and locked people down, that's punishment enough.

All the alp premiers in other states did a fine job, Andrews didn't, difference is well documented.
Doesnt matter what political affiliation you have thats pretty plain to see.
Of course people aren't going to respect Andrews now, he's proven his incompetence and locked people down, that's punishment enough.
I dont disagree with that at all. I think all premiers bar one have done a great job considering. I recall the Australian highlighted premiers of vic, qld and wa as betraying the nation due to border closures. But SA also had border restrictions. So IMO they're all in the same boat.
It's an interesting study into human behaviour all this, politically.

in any case, the incompetence and gross mismanagement by the andrews government is actually a good thing for the opposition, free ammunition!

I dont disagree with that at all. I think all premiers bar one have done a great job considering. I recall the Australian highlighted premiers of vic, qld and wa as betraying the nation due to border closures. But SA also had border restrictions. So IMO they're all in the same boat.
It's an interesting study into human behaviour all this, politically.

in any case, the incompetence and gross mismanagement by the andrews government is actually a good thing for the opposition, free ammunition!
It's funny in WA when Vic started opening up (bars, restaurants, protests), media and opposition called for all the borders to open, a week later Vic became full of cases.
If Mcgowan had opened up we could have been in a similar situation for Vic or would have been for a period of time (not as long or severe due to location, population differences).
Thankfully he held firm and the approach has worked well, I believe he would have been severe with restrictions if any cases (community transmission occured), but he stuck to his guns which worked well and definitely pleased the people.

It's funny in WA when Vic started opening up (bars, restaurants, protests), media and opposition called for all the borders to open, a week later Vic became full of cases.
If Mcgowan had opened up we could have been in a similar situation for Vic or would have been for a period of time (not as long or severe due to location, population differences).
Thankfully he held firm and the approach has worked well, I believe he would have been severe with restrictions if any cases (community transmission occured), but he stuck to his guns which worked well and definitely pleased the people.
Good stuff!

But the Australian paper did not like it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still feel that one more person would make the podcast even better.
Don and Sam have been solid so far. But I still feel one more person on the podcast would enhance things a little. I reckon Mick returning is a long shot, but I wouldn't mind it happening. I still enjoy the podcast nonethleless.

I still feel that one more person would make the podcast even better.
Don and Sam have been solid so far. But I still feel one more person on the podcast would enhance things a little. I reckon Mick returning is a long shot, but I wouldn't mind it happening. I still enjoy the podcast nonethleless.
Rod Law is bascially that 3rd person.

Does anyone else find that the download speeds for this show are always much slower than any others?
I find it very good on this site, even though I have problems with other podcasts on the same site. Incidentally, this site has play speed options, which is handy, because both Sam and Don speak slowly

I find it very good on this site, even though I have problems with other podcasts on the same site. Incidentally, this site has play speed options, which is handy, because both Sam and Don speak slowly

I use Podcast Addict on my phone and it takes ages to download the new episodes of this, 50-80kb/s vs usually in the Mb/s range! And yep agree - listen to everything on 1.4x, I heard the intro song the other day on the radio and it seemed so damn slow!!

I use Podcast Addict on my phone and it takes ages to download the new episodes of this, 50-80kb/s vs usually in the Mb/s range! And yep agree - listen to everything on 1.4x, I heard the intro song the other day on the radio and it seemed so damn slow!!
Ha! Me, too..well, usually 1.3, depending who's on. I also watch almost everything I record on tv at 1.33 x normal speed; sometimes even 1.6 times

Remove this Banner Ad

Back