Radio 'You cannot be serious' podcast with Sam Newman, Don Scott and Rod Law

Remove this Banner Ad

Episode 3 is tough listening this week. Sam and Don just could not get how the draft, trading and free agency works and to be fair Merv Keane was not great at explaining it.

I haven't listened to it, but from memory it looks like it runs for over an hour? Is Keane involved in recruiting or development footy at the moment in some capacity?

Parts 1&2 were better this week, some amusing moments. The Paul Vautin story was funny - Sam's impersonation of Don's phone conversation.

I haven't listened to it, but from memory it looks like it runs for over an hour? Is Keane involved in recruiting or development footy at the moment in some capacity?

Parts 1&2 were better this week, some amusing moments. The Paul Vautin story was funny - Sam's impersonation of Don's phone conversation.
He had been involved at Essendon for a number of years until 2018. He re-joined part time at the start of this year but stopped because of Covid.

Is it time to update the thread title since 2/3 of the people aren't even on the podcast anymore?

Good times. The old Sam, Mike and Thommo podcast is so different to the current one (not better or worse, just totally different)

Also I would love to hear Don Scott and Grant Thomas interact with each other, that would be so funny and weird :$

Good times. The old Sam, Mike and Thommo podcast is so different to the current one (not better or worse, just totally different)

Also I would love to hear Don Scott and Grant Thomas interact with each other, that would be so funny and weird :$
I can imagine Grant losing his s**t over Don's ridiculousness. He wouldn't have the patience for it and he wouldn't have the sense of humour for it like Sam does.

That draft chat was so bad it was good. Merv Keane, not your best half hour mate.
Yes, I find that stuff really boring, even when it's discussed sensibly. However, they made decent light of it. Talking about out the ins and outs of the draft rules is almost as boring as Kevin Sheehan talking about 17-year-olds who might get a game in 3 years. :tongueoutv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, I find that stuff really boring, even though they made decent light of it. It's almost as boring as Kevin Sheehan talking about 17-year-olds who might get a game in 3 years.
'Everybody wants to talk to shifter Sheehan come draft time'- Kevin Sheehan

'Everybody wants to talk to shifter Sheehan come draft time'- Kevin Sheehan
Ha ha! :grinv1: I don't mind him telling stories about guys who have already done something in the AFL, but speculating about the future of kids is pointless, because a lot of them do nothing. In other words, he can spend 5 minutes discussing a teenager who never plays; what's the point? :cute:
Go back "some time", and he could've wasted time on 3aw or SEN talking about me when I was 16, which would've been a BIG waste of air time, because I didn't make it. :)

Ha ha! :grinv1: I don't mind him telling stories about guys who have already done something in the AFL, but speculating about the future of kids is pointless, because a lot of them do nothing. In other words, he can spend 5 minutes discussing a teenager who never plays; what's the point? :cute:
Go back "some time", and he could've wasted time on 3aw or SEN talking about me when I was 16, which would've been a BIG waste of air time, because I didn't make it. :)
You could have been the next buddy or next bontempelli

I have no political alignment whatsoever, but I quite enjoyed Baillieu, thought he spoke well and made a lot of sense. Came across as well versed in what's happening in the world, including Australia's relevance in it. Sounds like someone who make a good Prime Minister in current times.

Wouldn't recognise him if I walked past him in the street though..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back