New posters, introduce yourselves here

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi!

Joined recently. Life long Hawks fan. Completely die hard.

I live in Moscow, Russia. Started up an AFL comp here a few months back.

Just recently took a team of Russians to Belfast for the Euro Cup AFL 9s. We did alright for our first time coming 10th out of 18. Winter is setting in here though, so looking forward to next season!

That's me.

MoscowHawk
Welcome Moscow! Wow... I wont be complaining of the cold again around these parts. :eek:

Look forward to hearing about your footy comp too! Well done on setting that up and spreading the love for our great game.

Re: introduction

Reckon that's pretty close to the mark;)

Careful BIGX,

It may be a cryptic way of calling us dinosaurs.

oogac, you wouldn't do that would you?
\
A big welcome to all the newbies.

hey guys I have been on for a while but never really explored the Hawks board as such. great to be a part of it and looking forward to a great 2012 season for the Hawks

Hi!

Joined recently. Life long Hawks fan. Completely die hard.

I live in Moscow, Russia. Started up an AFL comp here a few months back.

Just recently took a team of Russians to Belfast for the Euro Cup AFL 9s. We did alright for our first time coming 10th out of 18. Winter is setting in here though, so looking forward to next season!

That's me.

MoscowHawk

Hey MoscowHawk - do you play any of the Scandinavian countries?

Hi All, I've been supporting the Hawks since I saw a game in the late 70's live, Hawks vs Geelong. I was a token Geelong supporter but after that game I broke away from the family tradition and haven't looked back. My earliest memories are of Leigh Matthews strutting around, he was so clearly a class above. I think our current list is one of the best I have seen, though still a fair way from THE best, which was (just the spine):

Langford
Mew
Wallace
Brereton
Dunstall

I really enjoy reading the posts on here, some are insightful and clever, some are just down right hilarious! Let's keep up the good humour....

G'day all,

Have been reading the forums for a while but only just set up an account about a month ago. Love the Hawks like nothing else and hate the Bombers almost as much and will give them crap as often as I can. ;)

I've been a member for 4 years and have only posted 21 times (a massive .01 posts per day), so I'm a noob when it comes to posting I guess.

Lived here in Canberra most of my life, which is where I first saw Leigh Matthews on tv beating Essendon. My brother wanted Essendon to win and I was damned if I was going to agree with my older brother. (further example - He's and Arsenal fan - I'm a Liverpool fan) I thought Matthews was awesome and have followed them ever since. I've been an interstate member since 2002, and have only been to one match last year at the SCG where the Hawks got hammered.

I even corrupted my son by joining him up as a Baby Hawk on the day he was born.

Go Hawks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G'day all,

Have been reading the forums for a while but only just set up an account about a month ago. Love the Hawks like nothing else and hate the Bombers almost as much and will give them crap as often as I can. ;)

You're gonna fit in fine here, welcome :)

Hey guys, I'm relatively new to being a Hawks fan and footy more generally. I'm from the US and I came to Sydney in the summer of 2010 to work as a research assistant for the summer. I stayed with a family friend from the US whose husband is a Hawks fan so I just went with that. After a brief period of wondering what the hell was going on in that oval, I totally fell in love with footy. Since I've been back to the US, I got my wife and a number of friends into the game and we download or stream all of the Hawks matches and make them the centerpiece of our Friday, Saturday, or Sunday nights.

I'm feeling pretty deprived of news as in the US there is player movement throughout the offseason rather than just during one week but I'm using the talk here on BigFooty to try to make up for that deprivation. It should go without saying but I'm massively pumped for the 2012 season. Go Hawks!

Hey guys, I'm relatively new to being a Hawks fan and footy more generally. I'm from the US and I came to Sydney in the summer of 2010 to work as a research assistant for the summer. I stayed with a family friend from the US whose husband is a Hawks fan so I just went with that. After a brief period of wondering what the hell was going on in that oval, I totally fell in love with footy. Since I've been back to the US, I got my wife and a number of friends into the game and we download or stream all of the Hawks matches and make them the centerpiece of our Friday, Saturday, or Sunday nights.

I'm feeling pretty deprived of news as in the US there is player movement throughout the offseason rather than just during one week but I'm using the talk here on BigFooty to try to make up for that deprivation. It should go without saying but I'm massively pumped for the 2012 season. Go Hawks!
Top effort.

Welcome aboard, and to all the other Hawks just starting up! Don't be scared to jump into any thread people, we were all new here once.

Hi fellow hawkers, I've been reading BF for around 5 years. Posted under another alias a few time but for some reason haven't been able to open that account again. Check in here daily and find the hawks page a great way to keep in the know. I think there are some quality and really informative posters on here and I look forward to joining in on all the fun. I'm a really keen follower of the draft and look forward to hopefully landing a couple of diamonds in the rough with 33 and 38 in a few weeks time.

Hello fellow hawks,long time reader of big footy and have posted on country boards very rarely although i am always having a read on this board to see whats going on. Been a Hawk my whole life (28) and cant wait to see what the future has in store for us. Hopefully its a good one.

Hey guys, Long time reader two times poster.
Hawker for life.
2012 is the year of the Hawk!
Thank you all for the great reading and procrastination over the years.

Hey guys, Long time reader two times poster.
Hawker for life.
2012 is the year of the Hawk!
Thank you all for the great reading and procrastination over the years.

Welcome.

As an aside, I was following the test match in South Africa via Cricinfo's online feed last night, and they posted this gem when we Johnson got a wicket after bowling all of that crap.

"Even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut."

It made me laugh.

As an aside, I was following the test match in South Africa via Cricinfo's online feed last night, and they posted this gem when we Johnson got a wicket after bowling all of that crap.

"Even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut."

It made me laugh.

That's right up there with, "Even a broken clock is correct twice a day".

Hi

I'm new. So I thought I should do the right thing and introduce myself. I'm a Hawk in my lates 30s! Where has the time gone? I suppose its been quite a treat watching some of the games I have. I don't handle losing to of all teams Geelong at present at all well. Though I see a bright future for us this year.

On the off field. I'm pissed off at Lord. If you were really sorry for previous deeds. Surely you'd put your hand in your pocket and also have a decent platform. But you didn't. I don't think he should have to pay the $50 or 60k as lets face it will every candidate have this coin to become our President. If anything I think Lord has opened my eyes.

Anyway I'm a Gold member have been for many years. I think 2012 and 2013 will be ours for back to back.

Nice to meet you

HLA23

Remove this Banner Ad

Back