dickbobson

Debutant
Apr 10, 2008
clontarf
AFL Club
Hawthorn
A note from Admin:

Full site rules can be found here: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/help/terms

Rules about content can be found here: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/adult-content-forbidden-on-bigfooty.1217142/

On registration you agreed to not use the forum to submit or link to any Content which is:
  • defamatory,
  • hateful,
  • threatening,
  • abusive,
  • spam or spam-like,
  • likely to offend,
  • contains adult or objectionable content,
  • contains personal information of others,
  • risks copyright infringement,
  • encourages unlawful activity,
  • or otherwise violates any laws.

Hi fellow hawks. This is the first time I've tried to post anything so please bear with me. I just thought I'd introduce myself as I joined BigFooty years ago but then promptly forgot about it. I am a lifelong Hawker, grew up in Hawrhorn, just off Burwood road and have seen all the good times and bad. I am now a happily retired Wharfie living in Qld where we get very little footy news but I still try to catch up on every bit of Hawks info I can. I"ve seen all our Premiership wins ( incl 61 & 71 live ), but some only on T.V. and am hungry for the next.
Anyway this was just a trial run so if I've done anything wrong or you have any suggestions please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Buddy Guy

So the hawks have f***ed us over again…
Jan 14, 2009
West Side
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Re: intoduction

Gday dickbobson,

I look forward to you sharing your thoughts on the boards, especially your memories about the 61 & 71 Premierships that some of us werent around to see live:thumbsu:

PS All was going well just up to the point where you missed the "r" in the thread title;):D

Books

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2005
On the Stairway to Heaven
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NZ All-Blacks
Re: intoduction

Gday dickbobson,

I look forward to you sharing your thoughts on the boards, especially your memories about the 61 & 71 Premierships that some of us werent around to see live:thumbsu:

PS All was going well just up to the point where you missed the "r" in the thread title;):D

Nobody's perfect! :D

Welcome aboard, big Dick Bobson.

Lord Mud of Glenferrie

Club Legend
Hawthorn Hawks - Lowden, Anderson, Woodward Player Sponsor 2013 Hawthorn Hawks - Smith and Savage 2011 Player Sponsor Hawthorn Hawks - Smith and Savage 2012 Player Sponsor
Dec 13, 2008
Tied to an oxygen tube
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Canetoads Bulls Gunners Packers
Re: introduction

Hey,

Our dream Big Footy member.

Grew up in Hawthorn, watched all of the Premierships,saw the light and moved to Queensland and a retired wharfie to boot.

We need much more than a trial run from you. Welcome aboard.

Hey BIG X do you think he could be the same age group as me?

Lord Mud of Glenferrie

Club Legend
Hawthorn Hawks - Lowden, Anderson, Woodward Player Sponsor 2013 Hawthorn Hawks - Smith and Savage 2011 Player Sponsor Hawthorn Hawks - Smith and Savage 2012 Player Sponsor
Dec 13, 2008
Tied to an oxygen tube
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Canetoads Bulls Gunners Packers
Re: introduction

Lord Mud - I have sent him a PM - awaiting a reply.

Hopefully it wont take 4 years;)

Queenslanders are a little slow

It is not Queenslanders who are slow. It is the stage coach out of old Melbourne town;)

Welcome aboard, son of Bob.

Thanks for the post.

We thought it might be an opportunity to have a 'Welcome to the Hawk board' for others to introduce themselves as well.

So this be it now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Howdy, Bob (wasn't that a line from the Blues Brothers).

Welcome to the neck of the woods where the hawk flies, and I scurry around the forest floor looking for edible berries.

Enjoy. And don't hesitate to contact a mod or anyone else that looks vaguely respectable around here.

HolyRioli

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds Utd
Howdy, Bob (wasn't that a line from the Blues Brothers).

Welcome to the neck of the woods where the hawk flies, and I scurry around the forest floor looking for edible berries.

Enjoy. And don't hesitate to contact a mod or anyone else that looks vaguely respectable around here.

Probably not the mods then :p

dickbobson

Debutant
Apr 10, 2008
clontarf
AFL Club
Hawthorn
First of all I would like to thank you all for the warm welcome. There must be a lot of others like me out there who haven't yet taken the time to make themselves known on this board. My message to them is step up and get involved it doesn't hurt a bit. If an old stager like me can do it there is no excuse for the younger generation of Hawkers who are much more computor savvy than I am. C'mon guys make yourselves known!!!!! I'm sure the Mods would appreciate it.

HFCFOREVER

Draftee
Oct 11, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hello fellow hawks,long time reader of big footy now after a couple of years I have taken the plunge and joined BF.I have supported this great club all my life[21 years] and come from a family who have been loyal Hawthorn people for over 55 years.I look forward to posting with other Hawk people about this mighty club.

p.s i hope i didn't break any posting rules or what not if so I apologise

thanks
GO HAWKS!!!!!

Ahhhhh..... the smell of unbridled BF youth and innocence! No doubt we'll soon beat that out of you newbies! ;):thumbsu:

Welcome aboard the.... Board, HFC4EVA. Please enjoy your stay. Don't worry, you technically cannot break the mothership. HenryJr has already tried and successfully failed at that. :p

MoscowHawk

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2011
Warsaw, Poland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi!

Joined recently. Life long Hawks fan. Completely die hard.

I live in Moscow, Russia. Started up an AFL comp here a few months back.

Just recently took a team of Russians to Belfast for the Euro Cup AFL 9s. We did alright for our first time coming 10th out of 18. Winter is setting in here though, so looking forward to next season!

That's me.

MoscowHawk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back