New posters, introduce yourselves here

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi All,

Hawks supporter living in Newcastle, you will find me yelling at the umpire at most SCG/Spotless matches.

Will be floating around the hawthorn boards.

Cheers,
Allan
Welcome Allan. Is this shouting at the maggots restricted to when the hawks are playing the infidel or just whenever there is a game on? ;)

Hi fellow hawks
Long time reader of big footy, recent new member. Followed the hawks since 1988 as a 10 year old in NSW nrl territory. Lived in Albury past 20 years so thankfully it's become alot easier to keep up with everything hawthorn and afl related. Heading down to the game on friday night, should be interesting either way but hopefully we are the team to really show no mercy againts the bombers
Cheers guys

Hi fellow hawks
Long time reader of big footy, recent new member. Followed the hawks since 1988 as a 10 year old in NSW nrl territory. Lived in Albury past 20 years so thankfully it's become alot easier to keep up with everything hawthorn and afl related. Heading down to the game on friday night, should be interesting either way but hopefully we are the team to really show no mercy againts the bombers
Cheers guys
Welcome aboard, mate...

What made you aware of the hawks, and get on board, deep in NRL turf?

Welcome aboard, mate...

What made you aware of the hawks, and get on board, deep in NRL turf?

To be honest I'm not really sure. I was bored with NRL and I think I saw something on the news that Dermott did. Being 10 at the time I thought he's pretty cool and hawthorn were having a good year. I guess I'm one of those often talked about fair weathered bandwagon supporters
In my defense I've just turned 38, converted my own 3 kids and I'm currently working on turning new wife & 2 step kids from essendon. Its relatively easy in recent times.

Hi all.
My apologies for the late introduction. I have no excuse except general social incompetence.
I'm a hawk fan (really?), have been about 35 years.

Have long read this forum and used to, once upon a time post on hawkheadquarters/mightyhawk.

Have held off signing up for physiological reasons. However the three peat tipped me over the edge.

So here I am. Apologies to all in advance for the drivel you may be subject to.

But thanks for providing an outlet. I look forward to the banter and getting to know you fellow hawkers.

Hey people.. hawks fan for 30 years. Member for 18 (missed 4 years in between)
Have been reading this forum since a mate showed me in 2009, finally signed up..
Looking forward to getting involved in some pre and post match conversations..

Hey fellow Hawks supporters,

I've been a Hawthorn supporter for over 30 years and been reading BigFooty for a few years now...

I thought that it's time to sign up and interact with all you knowledgeable and insightful individuals here and mingle a little...

Anyway, I am looking forward to getting to know you all and GO HAWKS!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gday all,

Pop was a long time servent of the Hawks and even before the alliance with Box Hill was heavily involved there. Was shown BF by my mad Saint supporting brother so let's see how it goes.

Hi All,

Long time reader, first time poster.

Came to Melbourne 8 years ago as an International student.
Knew nothing about footy, but then it's actually a mixed of all kind of sports.
Have to thanks Channel 7 for the FTA exposure that shows Hawks matches during 2008 seasons.

Am I the ultimate Bandwagon Story :)?

Who cares I even attend the NAB challenge game :D to cheer for the Hawks.

Go Hawks!!!

Hi everyone,the name's a bit of a giveaway.Been following the Hawks from Ireland since I was a 6 year old in 1983.Those Grand finals with Essendon are still fresh in the memory!!Anyway,I'm from the same neck of the woods as Conor Glass and I look forward to following his progress as a Hawk.

Hi everyone,the name's a bit of a giveaway.Been following the Hawks from Ireland since I was a 6 year old in 1983.Those Grand finals with Essendon are still fresh in the memory!!Anyway,I'm from the same neck of the woods as Conor Glass and I look forward to following his progress as a Hawk.

Hoping you can fill us all in with detailed info about young Conor. :)

I don't know Conor personally but I've watched a lot of his GAA matches.He's strong,fast,athletic and was a real leader for his GAA team.Just hope he can adjust quickly to the game and his new surroundings.Someone I do know well,Kyle Coney who signed for the Swans in 2008 just couldn't settle in Australia.I think he only stayed about 6 weeks.

I don't know Conor personally but I've watched a lot of his GAA matches.He's strong,fast,athletic and was a real leader for his GAA team.Just hope he can adjust quickly to the game and his new surroundings.Someone I do know well,Kyle Coney who signed for the Swans in 2008 just couldn't settle in Australia.I think he only stayed about 6 weeks.
Same thing happened with our last lad, Ciaran Kilkenny.

Hopefully, this Conor, and next year's Conor (Nash) can get settled.

Good to have you on board!

Hey to all fellow HFC enthusiasts. Usually enjoi getting my info from twitter but lately has let me down. Always been a fan of BF but lately felt compelled to comment on a few things and thought i better become a member. Im a 10year hawks member this year living in hawthorn in melbourne.
Love to have a chat all things footy and especially the mighty brown n gold. Looking forward to getting stuck into it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back