New posters, introduce yourselves here

Remove this Banner Ad

Awesome. My mum lives in the states (Colorado) and I try to follow the SeaHawks (because of the name Hawks) and the Broncos (because of Colorado and also the Broncos are the team I follow in our national rugby league comp). I find coverage over here is pretty poor (though much better after Hayne had a crack at the NFL), how do you find coverage of the Hawks over there?
Coverage for me is all on the internet. Fortunately, the international club membership allows me to watch every game played. Generally I watch Hawthorn and 2-4 others on a given weekend, including at least one with the other tipping crew members. One good thing, the matches are over by about 4AM on Sunday. Just an average night out at the bar, eh? - LOL! Also, all of the games are available as replay almost immediately, so I can watch anytime I'm in the mood.

Don't watch a lot of American football any more. They're pretty much only shown live and honestly, the game has become too slow for me. If the Detroit Lions ever became successful, I might get back to paying a little attention, but Hockey and Footy are the big ones for me. Nice that the two seasons only overlap for a couple of months.

Welcome. Just some friendly advice, we have had a few accounts sign up recently only to very quickly get permabanned. A username like yours probably puts you straight into the gun if you do any trolling at all on the main board, so please try not troll :)

So, I think breaust is soft and I have brought the bay here?
I was assuming a bit of banter you know the misspelling of a players name, the trading of insults with another poster, like on the bay.

Hello Y'all!

Currently traveling (alone) in North America, feeling a touch homesick and figured it was about time I joined BF, which I've been visiting on and off for years.

Brief history: born in Qld in '62*, raised in Darwin til age 8 playing rugby league (which was the dominant sport then), family moved to Melbourne in **1971**, so Hawks were the obvious pick (not that I knew the first thing about footy)... and haven't looked back.

Played in ESCFL (now disbanded?), and probably would be a Hawthorn legend by now had I not struck/abused/spat on an umpire at age 14 (had a bit of a temper) and copped a 3 match ban (there were 3 games til the end of the season; the tribunal was somewhat... lenient). Never played competitively again.

Anyway, not sure how much I'll be commenting, but good to be on board at last.

* If I were a year older I could say I've lived through every Hawthorn Premiership, which would be 1 flag ever 4ish years - ridiculous!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello Y'all!

Currently traveling (alone) in North America, feeling a touch homesick and figured it was about time I joined BF, which I've been visiting on and off for years.

Brief history: born in Qld in '62*, raised in Darwin til age 8 playing rugby league (which was the dominant sport then), family moved to Melbourne in **1971**, so Hawks were the obvious pick (not that I knew the first thing about footy)... and haven't looked back.

Played in ESCFL (now disbanded?), and probably would be a Hawthorn legend by now had I not struck/abused/spat on an umpire at age 14 (had a bit of a temper) and copped a 3 match ban (there were 3 games til the end of the season; the tribunal was somewhat... lenient). Never played competitively again.

Anyway, not sure how much I'll be commenting, but good to be on board at last.

* If I were a year older I could say I've lived through every Hawthorn Premiership, which would be 1 flag ever 4ish years - ridiculous!
So whereabouts in N.A. are you traveling?

Hi all,

Long time reader, now getting on board for the rebuild. Hopefully add some measured balance to the hysteria of the current state of things. Digging in for the fight back to the top!

Claim to fame.. one of the first runners to the centre of Waverley after our last game there. Dug up the centre circle and kept it alive in the back yard.

1st question, how do you multi reply and from sections of a post only?

Cheers,
G

Hi all,

Long time reader, now getting on board for the rebuild. Hopefully add some measured balance to the hysteria of the current state of things. Digging in for the fight back to the top!

Claim to fame.. one of the first runners to the centre of Waverley after our last game there. Dug up the centre circle and kept it alive in the back yard.

1st question, how do you multi reply and from sections of a post only?

Cheers,
G
Welcome aboard.

To multi reply, hit the + button, that is next to the 'Reply' button..

When you go to post, all the posts you hit + will be there, and will be able to be edited, to delete the sections you don't want to post...

Welcome aboard.

To multi reply, hit the + button, that is next to the 'Reply' button..

When you go to post, all the posts you hit + will be there, and will be able to be edited, to delete the sections you don't want to post...

Cool cheers

New member here - just joined. Long time club member. Work in numbers, and have been trying to look in great detail as to why the drop has happened so quickly. Looking forward to sharing and reading thoughts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back