Certified Legendary Thread New Posters - Welcome to BigFooty! Introduce yourself here!

Well, I can't find the old 'introduce yourself here' so I think it's time for a new one.

Firstly, on behalf of our Melbourne mod team of Crimson Azure, Proper Gander and ThePuppetMaster, I'd like to welcome you to BigFooty. It really is the best place to discuss Melbourne-related things on the 'net - a place where your voice can be heard, not just buried in the Facebook comments where nobody will ever see it.

Some good little links for the board:

BigFooty Rules - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...important-threads-read-before-posting.838063/
General Melbourne chat - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/general-mfc-discussion-2-0.1157206/
General Non-MFC Chat - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/indiscriminate-jabber-drift.829654/
General AFL Chat - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/non-dees-afl-discussion-2017.1155454/

In short, welcome to BigFooty, come and introduce yourself, don't be afraid to ask a question and enjoy as we prepare to (hopefully, for all of our sakes) return to September action!

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I like that this thread has started its life with certified legendary status.

Also, feel free even if you're not a brand new poster to introduce yourself, tell people why you're a demon, what brought you to bigfooty etc. Anything at all you would like to say.

If i knew you were looking for it i would have bumped it. Came across it the other day searching for Roosy doubters. It's around early 2015. But to be fair, we probably needed a new thread anyway

If i knew you were looking for it i would have bumped it. Came across it the other day searching for Roosy doubters. It's around early 2015. But to be fair, we probably needed a new thread anyway
Bump it, it'd be good to see some of the old comments when posters joined.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
That reminds me ... Bazza97.

Without wanting to put you on the spot or anything (and let's face it, I just did) hello and welcome to MFC board with all that entails - blow by blow deconstruction of Jack Watts, Goodwin - even the Toump hasn't fully left us.

Feel free if you're feeling brave to tell us a bit about your history with the Dees. I know you're a bit of a tragic because you've built up a truly awesome resource of knowledge about every AFL club. So if Goodwin doesn't work out, feel free to put your hand up for a coaching role. You've got my vote.

Alternatively, if you don't feel like introducing yourself, just leave it for a bit until you drink too much, then post something random. Everyone else does.

Bazza97

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
That reminds me ... Bazza97.

Without wanting to put you on the spot or anything (and let's face it, I just did) hello and welcome to MFC board with all that entails - blow by blow deconstruction of Jack Watts, Goodwin - even the Toump hasn't fully left us.

Feel free if you're feeling brave to tell us a bit about your history with the Dees. I know you're a bit of a tragic because you've built up a truly awesome resource of knowledge about every AFL club. So if Goodwin doesn't work out, feel free to put your hand up for a coaching role. You've got my vote.

Alternatively, if you don't feel like introducing yourself, just leave it for a bit until you drink too much, then post something random. Everyone else does.
Thanks for nominating me haha, i'll be more than happy to post about my history of supporting the Dees, I'll just do it after I've finished watching the Tigers Crows JLT game.

Bazza97

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
So I started to barrack for the Dees during my time in Kinder. In that time, one of my mate's mum was dating Travis Johnstone and I guess knowing that he played footy for Melbourne, I just latched onto them as a team to support.

If I didn't barrack for the Dees, I would have probably barracked for Richmond considering my best mate barracks for them.

My earliest memories of the Dees would have been around 2004 I reckon, which was my second year of primary school. So I was pretty grateful that I was able to watch the Dees in the finals for a few years at least :p.

Even though we've had some very lean seasons since our last finals appearance in 2006, I think we are primed to make an assault on the finals this year. Our future is looking really bright and I'm confident we have what it take to be a top 4 side in the future and be in contention for the premiership.

The reason I joined BF was because I thought I could contribute my posts to other teams besides the Dees but I do love our club board and It's interesting to read everyone's opinions on various subjects. I'm glad I've joined the BF community and I've been following it for a couple of years now. I felt the end of last year was the right time to join considering I had just finished my first year of Uni and I could concentrate a fair bit of my free time talking about footy which I love.

So I started to barrack for the Dees during my time in Kinder. In that time, one of my mate's mum was dating Travis Johnstone and I guess knowing that he played footy for Melbourne, I just latched onto them as a team to support.

If I didn't barrack for the Dees, I would have probably barracked for Richmond considering my best mate barracks for them.

My earliest memories of the Dees would have been around 2004 I reckon, which was my second year of primary school. So I was pretty grateful that I was able to watch the Dees in the finals for a few years at least :p.

Even though we've had some very lean seasons since our last finals appearance in 2006, I think we are primed to make an assault on the finals this year. Our future is looking really bright and I'm confident we have what it take to be a top 4 side in the future and be in contention for the premiership.

The reason I joined BF was because I thought I could contribute my posts to other teams besides the Dees but I do love our club board and It's interesting to read everyone's opinions on various subjects. I'm glad I've joined the BF community and I've been following it for a couple of years now. I felt the end of last year was the right time to join considering I had just finished my first year of Uni and I could concentrate a fair bit of my free time talking about footy which I love.
Nice. Welcome aboard!

Elias Fakanami

Draftee
Feb 27, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Greetings fellow Melbourne fans.

I have been following this forum for about a year and a half, and when I saw this thread, I decided it was high time I made an account. Lurker status officially revoked.

I grew up a Melbourne fan through the 80's. As a young lad I chose Melbourne because the majority of my family were Melbourne supporters. This may not be the best reasoning to choose a footy team, but after over three and a half decades, and some very hard times, I am still a loyal and proud member. I now have two young boys of my own, and I will be damned if they support any team other than Melbourne.

I am cautiously optimistic about the 2017 season. I say cautiously, because several times throughout the years I have been certain that we were destined for a good year, and these invariably are the worst. It may be wishful thinking, but I do feel there is something different about this year though. Things have been trending upwards for a couple of years. And this alone is a welcome change from the late 90s early 00s, where we would alternate good seasons and bad seasons repeatedly.

I also watch American football, and am a fan of the New England Patriots. I know what you are probably thinking, that I have jumped on the band wagon of a winning team, because I wasn't following a winning team in the AFL. In actual fact I started following the Patriots in 99, this was pre Tom Brady, before the Pats became the juggernaut they are today, when they were just an occasional playoff contender at best. So when already starved for success, why would I choose a team that seemed unlikely to provide it? So deep was/is my love for the Dees that if I were to choose an NFL team, it had to have some sort of association with them. There is no team called Melbourne (obviously) or Demons, so when I learned that Boston was the sister city of Melbourne, the choice was easy. The fact that they have red and blue in their colours sealed the deal.

I have a toddler and a baby, sadly too young to take to the footy, and I eagerly await the day that they are old enough that my wife allows it. Instead I have to be content to watch it on TV while the toddler runs around playing. I do think we have brought in some exciting young talent, and am glad to think that my boys will be able to grow up watching these guys play.

This has now become a lot longer than I intended, so I will end by simply saying GO DEES!

I have been following this forum for about a year and a half, and when I saw this thread, I decided it was high time I made an account. Lurker status officially revoked.

I grew up a Melbourne fan through the 80's. As a young lad I chose Melbourne because the majority of my family were Melbourne supporters. This may not be the best reasoning to choose a footy team, but after over three and a half decades, and some very hard times, I am still a loyal and proud member. I now have two young boys of my own, and I will be damned if they support any team other than Melbourne.

I am cautiously optimistic about the 2017 season. I say cautiously, because several times throughout the years I have been certain that we were destined for a good year, and these invariably are the worst. It may be wishful thinking, but I do feel there is something different about this year though. Things have been trending upwards for a couple of years. And this alone is a welcome change from the late 90s early 00s, where we would alternate good seasons and bad seasons repeatedly.

I also watch American football, and am a fan of the New England Patriots. I know what you are probably thinking, that I have jumped on the band wagon of a winning team, because I wasn't following a winning team in the AFL. In actual fact I started following the Patriots in 99, this was pre Tom Brady, before the Pats became the juggernaut they are today, when they were just an occasional playoff contender at best. So when already starved for success, why would I choose a team that seemed unlikely to provide it? So deep was/is my love for the Dees that if I were to choose an NFL team, it had to have some sort of association with them. There is no team called Melbourne (obviously) or Demons, so when I learned that Boston was the sister city of Melbourne, the choice was easy. The fact that they have red and blue in their colours sealed the deal.

I have a toddler and a baby, sadly too young to take to the footy, and I eagerly await the day that they are old enough that my wife allows it. Instead I have to be content to watch it on TV while the toddler runs around playing. I do think we have brought in some exciting young talent, and am glad to think that my boys will be able to grow up watching these guys play.

This has now become a lot longer than I intended, so I will end by simply saying GO DEES!
Ugh, not a Pats fan...:p

Wrlcome aboard Elias...welcome to the mutual suffering!

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons

Welcome

Interesting username.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Thanks, I like your username and avatar. One day he will get the beer, one day...

Im an akaf saile??

It is actually a simpsons reference.
You're going to fit in well around here

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

Go pats!!! Similar to you I chose them because of the colours whilst playing Madden 98 on the Sega Mega drive.

Looks weird seeing a quarter back other than number 12 :p The graphics may have improved slightly also

NGL2---Madden-98-Saturn.jpg

Stu_Hibachi

Debutant
Apr 9, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United. Celtic
G'day fellow Dees legends

Long time Melbourne supporter here who has also vehemently defended Jack Watts from anyone who dare criticise haha, and it looks like my investment has paid off, touch wood

First time in a long time I've had expectations and it's a weird feeling to have.

Hope it's a big year

P.S Go New York Giants!

G'day fellow Dees legends

Long time Melbourne supporter here who has also vehemently defended Jack Watts from anyone who dare criticise haha, and it looks like my investment has paid off, touch wood

First time in a long time I've had expectations and it's a weird feeling to have.

Hope it's a big year

P.S Go New York Giants!
It's terrifying.

Cannon82

Cancelled
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hey Fellow Dees Supporters I've been a long time lurker but decided to make an account because why not hope to join in the fun of this year and many more to come

Welcome to the board! Trust no one.

Hey Fellow Dees Supporters I've been a long time lurker but decided to make an account because why not hope to join in the fun of this year and many more to come
Welcome aboard!

Imet Hassa

All Australian
Aug 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Put this in the good, bad, etc but may as well introduce myself. Who knows I may even post again!
I have read bigfooty for a long time so thank you for the entertainment, but this is the first time I have felt compelled to post. I have been a passionate dee supporter since 1970 so feel well qualified to speak about pain! Yet despite our all to familiar "not quite there" I feel more positive than I have for many, many years. A few points here and there, a bit of luck over a few games this year and we would be "bluebird of happiness" supporters as opposed to once again delving into the depths of desperation. This team has a core of future champions and it will gel at some point. We will then just need to keep them all together over the forthcoming years. Anyway just a note of optimism in an otherwise crappy post weekend malaise.
Oh and I really did meet Hassa and was taught by his wife.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Put this in the good, bad, etc but may as well introduce myself. Who knows I may even post again!
I have read bigfooty for a long time so thank you for the entertainment, but this is the first time I have felt compelled to post. I have been a passionate dee supporter since 1970 so feel well qualified to speak about pain! Yet despite our all to familiar "not quite there" I feel more positive than I have for many, many years. A few points here and there, a bit of luck over a few games this year and we would be "bluebird of happiness" supporters as opposed to once again delving into the depths of desperation. This team has a core of future champions and it will gel at some point. We will then just need to keep them all together over the forthcoming years. Anyway just a note of optimism in an otherwise crappy post weekend malaise.
Oh and I really did meet Hassa and was taught by his wife.
Wow

Back