Certified Legendary Thread New Posters - Welcome to BigFooty! Introduce yourself here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Been reading Bigfooty content for years & thought it was about time I became an active member!

Been a demon supporter since birth, couldn't escape the fact as my dad played for the dees from 1972-78.

Although there have been some pretty testing years, love the flashes of brilliance I have seen at times this year

Been reading Bigfooty content for years & thought it was about time I became an active member!

Been a demon supporter since birth, couldn't escape the fact as my dad played for the dees from 1972-78.

Although there have been some pretty testing years, love the flashes of brilliance I have seen at times this year
Welcome aboard!

Been a reader for a while, thought it time to be a REAL poster. Love the balanced conversation on the board.

I've been a Melbourne member for 17 years and have sat through some pretty s****y games of football. Glad to see it come around particularly for players like Jack Watts and Jonesy.

I definitely have a bias for speedy players hence the name - Garlett, Hunt, Kent and Trac. But I also just love a good game of footy win or lose.

Looking forward to giving my 2c and reading others' xx

Been a reader for a while, thought it time to be a REAL poster. Love the balanced conversation on the board.

I've been a Melbourne member for 17 years and have sat through some pretty s****y games of football. Glad to see it come around particularly for players like Jack Watts and Jonesy.

I definitely have a bias for speedy players hence the name - Garlett, Hunt, Kent and Trac. But I also just love a good game of footy win or lose.

Looking forward to giving my 2c and ready others' xx
Whats Jeffy cookin?

I've been a reader for a little while and a very irregular poster on Demonland. This forum seems to move a bit quicker and the main forum is very lively.

I've had an interesting path to the Demons. I was born in Sydney and supported Balmain and then Easts where I played as a junior. I moved to Melbourne in 1970 and my only mate followed Fitzroy, so I had a lot of fun, but ultimately disappointing times. I transitioned to Brisbane, and while it wasn't the same, three premierships was a pretty good reward.

Then in about 2005 one of my sons got a job with the Dees, and he's still there in a pretty good job (I won't embarrassing him by saying what job). A few years later another son got a job there (since left). Anyway somewhere in the last decade the Lions were playing the Dees and I found myself barracking for them as a win would be good for the boys.

I'm as passionate as anyone now, and am finally enjoying the ride.

I just hope my boy doesn't join the Pies......

I've been a reader for a little while and a very irregular poster on Demonland. This forum seems to move a bit quicker and the main forum is very lively.

I've had an interesting path to the Demons. I was born in Sydney and supported Balmain and then Easts where I played as a junior. I moved to Melbourne in 1970 and my only mate followed Fitzroy, so I had a lot of fun, but ultimately disappointing times. I transitioned to Brisbane, and while it wasn't the same, three premierships was a pretty good reward.

Then in about 2005 one of my sons got a job with the Dees, and he's still there in a pretty good job (I won't embarrassing him by saying what job). A few years later another son got a job there (since left). Anyway somewhere in the last decade the Lions were playing the Dees and I found myself barracking for them as a win would be good for the boys.

Are you Brock McLean's dad?

You sure it wasn't 2006? Welcome Nathan Jones' father

EDIT: Wait, Jonesy was drafted in '05 as he played in the final in 06. Welcome to the father of the captain!

He's been to my house, but no. My son is not a player.
Just pulling your leg Blinky. Welcome aboard, don't defect to the Collingwoofers, they don't know a thing about the umpiring!

Sorry again.

By son does have something that would fill every fan with envy. A car park under the MCG with his name on it.
Bastard!

Actually it's all good because I've remembered I don't drive anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Long-time lurker/semi-frequent poster over at the lunatic asylum. I bring memes and a can't-do attitude.

Greetings.
Welcome to the dark side. We have cookies.

I'm sorry, I know this is the wrong thread but I don't know how to contact Melbourne Mods, so I'm hoping one of them will read this.

It seems that one of our posters JiggsteR45 has been suspended by a moderator from this board, apparently for liking a post. I have no idea if this is true so please excuse me if I've got my facts wrong.

Jiggster is one of the most positive posters, not only on the Saints board, but also I'd wager on Big Footy. He never vents, even under extreme provocation, and is endlessly good-natured and optimistic. Even his rare indulgences in banter are good-natured and unspiteful. He is a septegenarian and a sometime member of the Saints Cheer Squad, attends games with his family and is far from antagonistic or rude.

The fact that he got suspended for anything belies belief. If it is indeed for liking a post, please allow me to say that I find this policy too restrictive. Liking a post is surely far more preferable to an emotive retort as a post that can steer a thread off-topic. No one really cares where the likes come from or why, surely? If they do, I'd suggest they are far too thin-skinned to participate in any form of internet forum discussion.

I get that this was a Like from an opposition poster and the rules were clearly stated, and also get that a wiser course of action may be no response at all, but I'm sure Jiggster would apologise for any offence caused and I really feel that his suspension is proof that you should revise your policy.

I'm sorry to disturb, and I know that Melbourne supporters are not in a happy place now and a little sensitive, so I'll conclude by wishing your club all the best for the 2018 season and look forward to all Saints Demons matches which are looking like being full of quality and intrigue in the coming years.

I'm sorry, I know this is the wrong thread but I don't know how to contact Melbourne Mods, so I'm hoping one of them will read this.

It seems that one of our posters JiggsteR45 has been suspended by a moderator from this board, apparently for liking a post. I have no idea if this is true so please excuse me if I've got my facts wrong.

Jiggster is one of the most positive posters, not only on the Saints board, but also I'd wager on Big Footy. He never vents, even under extreme provocation, and is endlessly good-natured and optimistic. Even his rare indulgences in banter are good-natured and unspiteful. He is a septegenarian and a sometime member of the Saints Cheer Squad, attends games with his family and is far from antagonistic or rude.

The fact that he got suspended for anything belies belief. If it is indeed for liking a post, please allow me to say that I find this policy too restrictive. Liking a post is surely far more preferable to an emotive retort as a post that can steer a thread off-topic. No one really cares where the likes come from or why, surely? If they do, I'd suggest they are far too thin-skinned to participate in any form of internet forum discussion.

I get that this was a Like from an opposition poster and the rules were clearly stated, and also get that a wiser course of action may be no response at all, but I'm sure Jiggster would apologise for any offence caused and I really feel that his suspension is proof that you should revise your policy.

I'm sorry to disturb, and I know that Melbourne supporters are not in a happy place now and a little sensitive, so I'll conclude by wishing your club all the best for the 2018 season and look forward to all Saints Demons matches which are looking like being full of quality and intrigue in the coming years.

cringe

The mods have stickied a thread basically saying you will be carded if you come on here and make any inflammatory comments after the weekend. Coming onto our board the other day and correcting a poster saying 'didnt the rebuild begin in 2008?' is probably a pretty stupid idea considering the above yeah?

You are wrong. The poster in question was not suspended for merely liking a post.

I am a neutral so I have no stake here either way, but I can tell you that is categorically wrong.

In any case, if they have an issue, they can contact supers or admin directly. Bringing this up here in this thread is completely the wrong place for it and in any case, not your job.

I've been told by a Saints mod the reason for the suspension, so please accept my apologies for being ill-informed.

I brought it up merely as a fellow poster, not trying to do anyone's job. Sorry for any misunderstanding, and for transgressing protocol.

I brought it up here because I wasn't sure how to contact the Melbourne mods, as I said. Sorry again for the interruption and intrusion.

Once again, good luck for 2018 and I hope to see both Demons and Saints in finals in future years

Hiiiiiii! Long time lurker, first time poster. Grew up sitting in the old Red Seats before the MCG development, now using Melbourne's various interstate trips as a good excuse for a holiday.
Welcome aboard!

Hiiiiiii! Long time lurker, first time poster. Grew up sitting in the old Red Seats before the MCG development, now using Melbourne's various interstate trips as a good excuse for a holiday.
Hiiiiii fishyyyy

Hi! Longtime MFC supporter here! Career highlight: giving an arrogant/loud Carlton supporting family sitting behind us the middle finger post-siren @ the 2000 QF. Good times!
I got tickets to the Dees/Carlton QF final. Didn't really know or care about footy much back then, but my dad was gifted the tickets and forced me along. We were balls deep in a see of Carlton, and I was terrified.

Hello & Welcome :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back