Certified Legendary Thread New Posters - Welcome to BigFooty! Introduce yourself here!

Remove this Banner Ad

I am a fugitive from Demonland. I am a fugitive from self-righteous censorious self indulgent petty minded site owners who make the rules to suit their whims and fancies and political proclivities. Long live freedom of speech. Demonland is full of racist hate-filled warmongering right wing lunatics. It is a site where you can write and post any diatribe about Muslims and it is tolerated. That's okay if you believe in freedom of speech. If on the other hand you engage in an argument with racist posters you are held to the highest standards of propriety. As was pointed out to me by another contributor to their site, they are the owners, they can make the rules. There are countries in the world who abide by these principles, none of them with a very good human rights record.
I've played the game, have been a Demon supporter since watching the 1958 Grand Final at my grandmother's house and have remained steadfast and loyal.
I can name most players who have played since then and though I have very little patience with highly paid professionals who keep passing the ball to opposition players with pinpoint accuracy, I love the lads who have bled and sweated for the Demons. Unlike many Demon supporters, I don't believe one is 'owed' success simply because one follows a team. It is a roller coaster ride, it can be thrilling, it can be grim. The 2000 Grand Final, like the 1998, was grim. The Demons under post Bailey regimes until Roos was imported were a grim and sorry side. That's life, you take the good with the bad, it's like marriage. Except, divorcing oneself from one's team is like trying to rip your heart out whereas a divorce from a partner who is cheating on you or who keeps overcooking the asparagus can be a life enhancing release from a self created prison, which is, after all, the definition of marriage anyway. For the record, I love my wife, we have been together since the 1989 Grand Final when, despite every fibre in my corpus, I actually arose from my couch to pay homage to one of the filthiest thugs that has ever played Footy, Dermott Brereton. The man could dish, the man could take. A warrior. Now I have huge and fundamental issues with the notion of warriors, I very much prefer to deal with the notion of grace and agility and pure skill a la Flower, Greig and Garry Wilson, but when Dermott got up after spitting blood, after copping what he had been dishing out for aeons, and kicked a goal I recognised a man who despite himself was capable of an act of noble self sacrifice.
I have nothing more to say today, other than that I am glad to not be under the scrutiny of a mental midget who acts as the chief censor on the Demonland site.
Amen and good night to youse all.

I am a fugitive from Demonland. I am a fugitive from self-righteous censorious self indulgent petty minded site owners who make the rules to suit their whims and fancies and political proclivities. Long live freedom of speech. Demonland is full of racist hate-filled warmongering right wing lunatics. It is a site where you can write and post any diatribe about Muslims and it is tolerated. That's okay if you believe in freedom of speech. If on the other hand you engage in an argument with racist posters you are held to the highest standards of propriety. As was pointed out to me by another contributor to their site, they are the owners, they can make the rules. There are countries in the world who abide by these principles, none of them with a very good human rights record.
I've played the game, have been a Demon supporter since watching the 1958 Grand Final at my grandmother's house and have remained steadfast and loyal.
I can name most players who have played since then and though I have very little patience with highly paid professionals who keep passing the ball to opposition players with pinpoint accuracy, I love the lads who have bled and sweated for the Demons. Unlike many Demon supporters, I don't believe one is 'owed' success simply because one follows a team. It is a roller coaster ride, it can be thrilling, it can be grim. The 2000 Grand Final, like the 1998, was grim. The Demons under post Bailey regimes until Roos was imported were a grim and sorry side. That's life, you take the good with the bad, it's like marriage. Except, divorcing oneself from one's team is like trying to rip your heart out whereas a divorce from a partner who is cheating on you or who keeps overcooking the asparagus can be a life enhancing release from a self created prison, which is, after all, the definition of marriage anyway. For the record, I love my wife, we have been together since the 1989 Grand Final when, despite every fibre in my corpus, I actually arose from my couch to pay homage to one of the filthiest thugs that has ever played Footy, Dermott Brereton. The man could dish, the man could take. A warrior. Now I have huge and fundamental issues with the notion of warriors, I very much prefer to deal with the notion of grace and agility and pure skill a la Flower, Greig and Garry Wilson, but when Dermott got up after spitting blood, after copping what he had been dishing out for aeons, and kicked a goal I recognised a man who despite himself was capable of an act of noble self sacrifice.
I have nothing more to say today, other than that I am glad to not be under the scrutiny of a mental midget who acts as the chief censor on the Demonland site.
Amen and good night to youse all.
Welcome to the light, the closest we get to any of that is our unhealthy obsession with Dom Tyson's hair.

Hello brothers. Passionate new Demons fan arriving to this board. :heart:

On behalf of the rest of the board id like to welcome our 87K post veteran to the best club board on big footy. Go easy on him guys, he is a disenchanted Carlton fan who swapped to Essendon yesterday but was told to jog along from their board only moments ago. He's got a very fragile heart at the moment. :hearts:

On behalf of the rest of the board id like to welcome our 87K post veteran to the best club board on big footy. Go easy on him guys, he is a disenchanted Carlton fan who swapped to Essendon yesterday but was told to jog along from their board only moments ago. He's got a very fragile heart at the moment. :hearts:
I'm just looking for a fanbase that'll love me. Think there may be a mat h made in hell here ;)

I'm just looking for a fanbase that'll love me. Think there may be a mat h made in hell here ;)

With zingers such as this how can you not love him! :rainbow:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi All!

Sorry for the intrusion and a big congrats on making it to September!

I’m currently doing my thesis project involving strategies used by Victorian AFL clubs to attract new members, and am on the hunt for any Bigfooty users who became first time members of the Melbourne Footy Club for last year (2017 season). I am hoping this research will contribute to the growth of both professional and amatuer sporting clubs around Australia, which can only be a good thing for the community.

All you need to do is fill in an online questionnaire (will take approx. 20 minutes) regarding your support for the dees and why you chose to become a first time member in 2017. The research is all above board (approved by the RMIT ethics committee), will be totally anonymous and I promise you will not be chased up any further after your questionnaire is completed (unless you want to know anything more about the project).

Please PM me if you are interested in helping.

Cheers alot,

SkinnyLappin

Been a long time BigFooty lerker. Think I had an account when I was a real young kid but no club what happened to that.

Hardest part was trying to pick a name. Was listening to a bit of Donald Glover/Childish Gambino so thought I’d go down the Wu Tang name generator path. Turns out Clayton Oliver in the name generator is Mugger Golden. More you know huh!

Been a long time BigFooty lerker. Think I had an account when I was a real young kid but no club what happened to that.

Hardest part was trying to pick a name. Was listening to a bit of Donald Glover/Childish Gambino so thought I’d go down the Wu Tang name generator path. Turns out Clayton Oliver in the name generator is Mugger Golden. More you know huh!
Welcome aboard mate ... You had me at Clayton Oliver ... which is lucky, because I’ve got no idea what you’re talking about otherwise!

Nobody has introduced themselves for a while now. Hi everyone. Rusted on Dees supporter here. Long time lurker and thought I would register an account. Go Dees!
Hmmm just to let you know lurker, trolling is not allowed on this Board? I will be speaking to my people about how many accounts you have, in the interim, enjoy!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back