Certified Legendary Thread New Posters - Welcome to BigFooty! Introduce yourself here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello all, I also posted a brief few lines on the Australian football introductions board.

I am a passionate Melbourne fan and Roosters supporter from Sydney. It is good to be here.

I am looking forward to constructively interacting with my fellow Demons supporters.

Go the Deez!

ADD

Hello all, I also posted a brief few lines on the Australian football introductions board.

I am a passionate Melbourne fan and Roosters supporter from Sydney. It is good to be here.

I am looking forward to constructively interacting with my fellow Demons supporters.

Go the Deez!

ADD
Welcome ADD, hhmmm don't like those initials, good to see you here, enjoy the fantastic camaraderie that you will experience here, like you I am also a Sydneyite, but bloody hell mate, the friggin' Roosters!! Enjoy

Welcome ADD, hhmmm don't like those initials, good to see you here, enjoy the fantastic camaraderie that you will experience here, like you I am also a Sydneyite, but bloody hell mate, the friggin' Roosters!! Enjoy
Thanks DarkDwarf, it is great to be here. Yes, those initials are a bit unfortunate. I thought about that (although most people refer to ADHD rather than ADD these days, but noted nonetheless). but I will not worry about it too much. I think I will refer to myself as Diehard going forward, it has a better ring to it! Anyway, what's wrong with the mighty Roosters? You don't support Souths, do you? As long as it is anyone else, I can live with that! :) I also support the Wigan Warriors and a myriad of other teams. Perhaps we can find some other common ground, other than the mighty Demons, of course!
Cheers mate.
Diehard

Thanks DarkDwarf, it is great to be here. Yes, those initials are a bit unfortunate. I thought about that (although most people refer to ADHD rather than ADD these days, but noted nonetheless). but I will not worry about it too much. I think I will refer to myself as Diehard going forward, it has a better ring to it! Anyway, what's wrong with the mighty Roosters? You don't support Souths, do you? As long as it is anyone else, I can live with that! :) I also support the Wigan Warriors and a myriad of other teams. Perhaps we can find some other common ground, other than the mighty Demons, of course!
Cheers mate.
Diehard
Well mate it looks like we have another common denominator, Spurs,(the Tottenham type that is). Not too sure about Mourinho, might be great, might be chaos.

Cheer

TDD

Well mate it looks like we have another common denominator, Spurs,(the Tottenham type that is). Not too sure about Mourinho, might be great, might be chaos.

Cheer

TDD

Having a Spurs fan meet and greet new board members is like having a stinking vagrant wino act as maître d' for a high end restaurant. Move along you awful bum, shoo, shoo!

Cheer

TDD
That's good to see. I must confess, I found it hard to pick an English football league club to follow. I maintain a casual interest in several, including Everton, Leicester and West Brom. Spurs and WBA are probably my favourites, however. I am much less casual about the Demons, Roosters and Wigan Warriors! Looking forward to the season coming around and this forum becoming more active. I am always looking to understand more about the club and its supporters. It can be a bit difficult having that sort of relationship up here in Sydney, so we will see how it goes.

That's good to see. I must confess, I found it hard to pick an English football league club to follow. I maintain a casual interest in several, including Everton, Leicester and West Brom. Spurs and WBA are probably my favourites, however. I am much less casual about the Demons, Roosters and Wigan Warriors! Looking forward to the season coming around and this forum becoming more active. I am always looking to understand more about the club and its supporters. It can be a bit difficult having that sort of relationship up here in Sydney, so we will see how it goes.
Welcome. You're not the only Sydney-based Dees tragic. Can't believe the Dees aren't playing in NSW or Canberra at all in 2020. Not even the women.

Welcome. You're not the only Sydney-based Dees tragic. Can't believe the Dees aren't playing in NSW or Canberra at all in 2020. Not even the women.
Thanks ponsdale. I am aware of a NSW Demons fan group, but they are based in Sydney's inner west (I live up north). I get their e-mail updates, though. It would be nice, but anyway, them's the breaks. I might try and see them play against the GWS Giants in March next year at the MCG; that should be good if it eventuates. Hopefully we will be in a much more competitive position than we were this season!

Thanks ponsdale. I am aware of a NSW Demons fan group, but they are based in Sydney's inner west (I live up north). I get their e-mail updates, though. It would be nice, but anyway, them's the breaks. I might try and see them play against the GWS Giants in March next year at the MCG; that should be good if it eventuates. Hopefully we will be in a much more competitive position than we were this season!
We are all hoping ADD that this a given, (we hope)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello all, American here from the best state in the union. Figured it was time to actually make an account.
I'm currently watching all the 2019 matches again because I'm a masochist and I miss staying up until 6 in the morning to finish seeing the games live.
Hey mate, welcome. Are you from Alaska? Good to see you barracking for the Dees, how did that come about? We have another poster here called American AFL, posts a lot. Not too sure where he is located though. Watch 2018 mate much better, except for the Preliminary final.

Hey mate, welcome. Are you from Alaska? Good to see you barracking for the Dees, how did that come about? We have another poster here called American AFL, posts a lot. Not too sure where he is located though. Watch 2018 mate much better, except for the Preliminary final.
South Dakota. We have the mountain that we carved to look like a bunch of dead guys and Teddy Roosevelt. It's our only attraction.

I went for the Dees for a few reasons, mostly process of elimination. I wanted to pick a team that hadn't won a flag in my lifetime, and also that played at the MCG so I can go there for a home game if I ever go to Australia. At the time the only two teams that fit the criteria were Melbourne and Richmond, so I picked Melbourne because the there's a baseball team called the Tigers, but no Big 4 (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL) team in America or Canada is called the Demons.

That was 2016 and it's been that way since. When I'm done with 2019 I'll go back to 2018 for sure. I saw that AmericanAFL was a Philadelphia Eagles fan so maybe he's in that area but maybe not since I'm a Golden Knights fan but I don't live anywhere near Vegas. I'm in a much more empty and flat and redneck part of the country than either of those places.

Haven't been so active on the Dees board in a while (longer than I thought and a name change within that time) so I thought I'll try and do it more often. And in saying that I'm just thrilled the old Demon Head logo is back! Go Dees!
Return the Flaming Demon!
View attachment 897726

South Dakota. We have the mountain that we carved to look like a bunch of dead guys and Teddy Roosevelt. It's our only attraction.

I went for the Dees for a few reasons, mostly process of elimination. I wanted to pick a team that hadn't won a flag in my lifetime, and also that played at the MCG so I can go there for a home game if I ever go to Australia. At the time the only two teams that fit the criteria were Melbourne and Richmond, so I picked Melbourne because the there's a baseball team called the Tigers, but no Big 4 (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL) team in America or Canada is called the Demons.

That was 2016 and it's been that way since. When I'm done with 2019 I'll go back to 2018 for sure. I saw that AmericanAFL was a Philadelphia Eagles fan so maybe he's in that area but maybe not since I'm a Golden Knights fan but I don't live anywhere near Vegas. I'm in a much more empty and flat and redneck part of the country than either of those places.
Welcome and hopefully this years Premiership made up for the disappointment in the 2018 Stanley Cup series.

Hey my name is Topkent, TK for short but can't see any one using that. I'm an easy going fun loving bloke. Here to mostly observe an enjoy opinions as I'm pretty agreeable.
Me favorites are the real soft flashy outside types. No need to be aggressive on the field when you've got a Twitter audience you can vent to later.

Cheers blokes and blokettes

Hey my name is Topkent, TK for short but can't see any one using that. I'm an easy going fun loving bloke. Here to mostly observe an enjoy opinions as I'm pretty agreeable.
Me favorites are the real soft flashy outside types. No need to be aggressive on the field when you've got a Twitter audience you can vent to later.

As a much loved poster on this board I feel impelled speak for us all in saying welcome!

What are your thoughts on the Jack Watts trade? You seem the type that would be furious at trading a heart and soul clubman like Jack. He truly was fierce at the contest!

On this board we are a friendly bunch who exist in a well balanced harmony, especially before winning the flag it was complete zen. A warning however, occasionally a poster or two may become slightly miffed after a loss and at times even question another posters opinion, but these events are few and far between.

We fully trust our much loved club.

How did I miss this?

Great to meet you Kent and I very much hope you enjoy your time on the board.

Long time reader, first time poster. Hello all. I've been a dees supporter and member a long time now and my favourite player is Clayton Oliver and Rohan Bail

Remove this Banner Ad

Back