News New radio partners

Remove this Banner Ad

It bemuses me that there are Port supporters who think their club "deserves" more coverage than the roughly 50/50 split they already get.

very rough, that split. have you ever listened to 5AA in your life?

They have a wine show and any time they talk about Fortifieds that counts towards the quota.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

thanks for your 33,356th useless post

I listen to 5aa and on one day they will have hinkley in for a talk about the upcoming match, they will then talk to a port player about the match, they'll then talk to an opposition player who will play against the crows on the weekend and get flooded with complaints about it being the crows show. The next day they will have the crows coach on, they will talk to a crows player about the crows match and talk to an opposition player who will play against port and get flooded with calls complaining about being the crows show.

Port fans complain in their little circle jerk about how 5aa only talks about the crows and don't realise how close to 50/50 they actually are.

Most of you are so clueless and too busy complaining about "crowie" that you don't realise that their show is often produced by Daniel Norton who is your clubs 'General Manager of Media' (actual job title). The role of a producer on a radio show is to give the hosts discussion points, to plan what they will discuss on the show and how long they will spend on each item.

So Port are either paying a six-figure salary to a guy who is no good at his job, or 5aa are much more balanced than Port fans think.

It's a classic case of confirmation bias really, you notice when they are talking about the crows, discount when they talk about port.

If they complement Port, it's justified in your mind, If they complement the Crows, it's "crows biased media". If they criticise the crows you think it's valid, if they criticise port, it's "crow biased media".

Have a Hart?
Flaming hell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay so had an interesting lunch with some people who would know

5aa used to pay us and Port the same
. We always queried, they never budged. They didn't want to be seen as favoring one club over the other.

We've always had a gentlemans agreement with 5aa from the Trigg days. Fagan has no opinion either way on 5aa but is a fan of the national profile of Triple M. Add Roo and all of a sudden, Triple M starts to more align with us.

Plus on offer just shy of double what 5aa pay.

And don't count on Eddie Betts being on 5aa again. Triple M are big fans of him, Tex and Sloane. Expect Sloane to have a huge media career after he retires. Tex may become a morning presenter, like Johno Brown, post retirement. 5aa will still get access to players for regular spots but whereas before the 5aa morning show had Danger, then Betts, they might get Jake Lever or Brad Crouch this year.

You would think that after everything I would not still be surprised by Triggs incompetence/spinelessness.

Why does Kornhead get his own show now?
Because 5AA are trying their best to kill off their remaining ratings...

Will be interesting to see what management do when the survey results come out.

Kornes is a shocking radio guy. He would be alright in the sidekick role. He just can't control a show, although he tries. Oh boy he tries. You almost feel sorry for him. But it's so obvious that engaging with listeners doesn't come naturally to him.

It's like the Mick Molloy show. You don't get sidekicks in the host chair.

Does Triple M still play music during their sports show? Not so interested in that.

I tried triple m once, was pretty good for about 5 minutes and then they played a song. I'm still giving Rowie and Bicks a go, I don't like them, but it's SA content and ads, which I like, and they don't play music. There's a chance I end up on the 3aw app if things don't improve though.

I have and it's pretty close to 50:50. Rowie all but fawns over Ken and his boys. The only thing that's not 50:50 is the clubs that the hosts played for. But I doubt there's many people around here who would give a s**t if either of Rowe or Bickley was swapped out with a Port player. Kane's a knob though, there's got to be better options out there.

The Run Home on SEN used to be pretty good when it was Daniel Harford and Mark Allen. Now Harf's gone to 3aw or something they've got Ox Schwarz on with Marco and Im not sold on it yet. Still better than any of the crap that gets dished up on local radio.

I have a question, it's not about radio but it's kind of in the same ball park. Whatever happened to the Crow's Show from the 90's?

I remember watching it when I was little but I lost interest when Port was formed and they changed it to be about both clubs, because frankly I couldn't care enough to sit through a show where half of it was dedicated to a club I had no interest in. Did the same thing happen en masse or was there more to it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back