News New radio partners

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a question, it's not about radio but it's kind of in the same ball park. Whatever happened to the Crow's Show from the 90's?

I remember watching it when I was little but I lost interest when Port was formed and they changed it to be about both clubs, because frankly I couldn't care enough to sit through a show where half of it was dedicated to a club I had no interest in. Did the same thing happen en masse or was there more to it?

It went when 7 lost the rights.

The original host of The Crows Show, Andrew Kay, is about to become the CEO of 7 Adelaide

Okay so had an interesting lunch with some people who would know

5aa used to pay us and Port the same. We always queried, they never budged. They didn't want to be seen as favoring one club over the other.

We've always had a gentlemans agreement with 5aa from the Trigg days. Fagan has no opinion either way on 5aa but is a fan of the national profile of Triple M. Add Roo and all of a sudden, Triple M starts to more align with us.

Plus on offer just shy of double what 5aa pay.

And don't count on Eddie Betts being on 5aa again. Triple M are big fans of him, Tex and Sloane. Expect Sloane to have a huge media career after he retires. Tex may become a morning presenter, like Johno Brown, post retirement. 5aa will still get access to players for regular spots but whereas before the 5aa morning show had Danger, then Betts, they might get Jake Lever or Brad Crouch this year.

Eddie is back on FiveAA breakfast in 2017.

As I said this agreement means very little in reality given it is a two team town and we only have two commercial AFL broadcasters. The clubs need the stations and vice versa.

For my purposes, it seems safe to assume radio play by play can still be heard on 5AA for the regular season?

5AA will call the Crows/Port games as normal, but interstate games will be Crocmedia feeds and not Macquarie (3AW, 6PR) feeds is my understanding.

For my purposes, it seems safe to assume radio play by play can still be heard on 5AA for the regular season?
You listen to AA for commentary of Crows games?

Even watching the game live it is hard to reconcile what they are saying with what is actually happening.

I hope you don't think us Aussies all speak like Rowie?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Even watching the game live it is hard to reconcile what they are saying with what is actually happening.

Yeah but, no but, yeah but :D

I love Rowey and the boys calling the game. They do a good job of staying with the play most of the time and it's not hard for me to synch the play by play to live feed on tv.

I know a lot of people can't stand them but I think they are hilarious for the most part and they don't bother me any.

I do usually listen to post game on my way into work when we are on Thursday or Friday night footy.

New sports show intro for Rowie and Bicks intro or is it old? never paid much attention... plenty of sports highlights, big shout of "Port Adelaide!!", no Crows mention.

Anyway, Josh Jenkins on the show tonight.

Guess no more ticket give aways etc?
I know you said this ages ago.
It's old though. Probably because we haven't won the premiership in many years.
Having said that they have the SA shield audio which is 96

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

I know you said this ages ago.
It's old though. Probably because we haven't won the premiership in many years.
Having said that they have the SA shield audio which is 96

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

To also reply to my old post, I also heard them mentioning a Crows ticket give away.

Jake Lever now on the show weekly.

Not much has changed so far, will be interesting if it is the same once the games start.

I take it Triple M interviews/access has increased. I also notice the club now uploads their interviews instead of the FiveAA ones to the club website.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I listen to Rowie on there app or AFL radio. He's a nut case, I like it.

New sports show intro for Rowie and Bicks intro or is it old? never paid much attention... plenty of sports highlights, big shout of "Port Adelaide!!", no Crows mention.

Anyway, Josh Jenkins on the show tonight.

Guess no more ticket give aways etc?
The "nothing left now but to celebrate" is from 97 GF.

No coincidence at all.

Triple M Dale Lewis and Andrew Jarman dropped 4 ratings points. ( according to them on drive home)

It seemed a massive drop, you would expect they will regain some of the points next month. I think they need football season to start

There would be concerns at Triple M though, breakfast and drive continue to drop and fiveaa increased again. As poor as the ratings were for Drive I think their biggest conern is Roo and Ditts as their flagship show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back