Universal Love 2022-24 Random Chat - BBQ, Other Food, Cats, Whatever

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure she is, which makes it even more bizarre.
Told the Nigerian players before the game that she would rather be playing with them as he team mates are all racist

Then goes on a racial tyrade against the same girls

It's bizarre

Considering the backlash walker copped for saying black campaigner I'd say Cambage is getting off very lightly here
Benefits from the relatively low profile of women's BBall compared to AFL. That and all the details came out after the Olympics when most people stopped caring.
Andrew Gaze and Bogut let their feelings be know but it's otherwise slipped under the radar

Benefits from the relatively low profile of women's BBall compared to AFL. That and all the details came out after the Olympics when most people stopped caring.
Andrew Gaze and Bogut let their feelings be know but it's otherwise slipped under the radar
Loved Gaze's take on it. Gotta love Gazey he's a legend

Told the Nigerian players before the game that she would rather be playing with them as he team mates are all racist

Then goes on a racial tyrade against the same girls

It's bizarre

Didnt know this, makes it even funnier, haha, essentially saying your parents weren't able to get on a boat like mine, what a bunch of losers you Nigerians are.

Cant stop laughing ... :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

The real life version of "The goggles, they do nothing"

Best line in the entire thing is when the guy doing the hard sell says "can you imagine what it would be like without the armour green? " :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Reminder that mod action discussion is not allowed on public forums. If you've got issues DM the mod or Chief or Wosh, et al.

Wait, are they a christian metal band? That song you recommended schmuttt sounds very religion-y
I didn't know anything about them, I only discovered them from this thread. Since then I "did my research". Here's the best 5 facts I discovered about Sabtaon in the last 5 minutes since I clicked on the link you posted:

Fact number 1. They once used a cannon as a drum riser and it's f--kin' awesome
450px-Hellfest2017Sabaton_01.jpg

Fact number 2. Sebaton claim not to be a Christian band, and are instead inspired by historical battles and war, which might explain the "Christian-y" vibe to their music. Because obviously there's nothing more Jesus-like than armed combat, bloodshed, and nuclear weapons.

Fact number 3. They have a song called "Burn Your Crosses" which is about an Inquisition (I assume Spanish). I copied and pasted the lyrics below:
No use to pray, there's no one listening
I will die anyway
Some say I've killed, some call me Satan
Now my blood must be spilled

This definitely has an anti-Satan God-is-pretty-great vibe despite the not-very-Christian-y song title. Could be a ruse. You can't trust Swedish people after all, and lots of people do claim they are Christian-y.

Fact number 4. Christian or not, they do really like war. Their official website has a wikipedia type feature that's accessed from an "on this day" type thing that displays historical war-related facts that happened on this day. For example: in four days time back in 1942, the Battle of Midway starts. You can read more about the Battle of Midway on Sabaton's official website, right here: "Battle of Midway starts | Sabaton Official Website"

Fact number 5. Fact number 1 is so far the most interesting fact I've discovered.

Fact number 6 (Bonus fact): The "s" in the Sabaton logo is a kind of pale imitation of the Saxon logo.
Saxon are British heavy metal band that are very old now but still make heavy metal music. The first YouTube link that came up also has crosses and knights in the video clip. You can see the Saxon logo on the bottom left of this YouTube link.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

00Stinger Altona branch opening on Sunday

View attachment 1415015
I'm pretty sure it's opening today. Got friends going tonight or at least they think they are lol

It's pretty good, the one in Yarraville is awesome. Have you been there?

It's kinda a pity though as the previous place in the location Mosaic was really good but kind of hidden and just didn't get people in there

I'm pretty sure it's opening today. Got friends going tonight or at least they think they are lol

It's pretty good, the one in Yarraville is awesome. Have you been there?

It's kinda a pity though as the previous place in the location Mosaic was really good but kind of hidden and just didn't get people in there
I walked by it last night there were people inside but the sign said closed. Might have been a friends and family soft open. Spoke to a lady who was setting it up a couple of weeks ago and she told me June 5. Maybe it got pushed forward?

Yeah, I've been to the one in Yarraville. Fiancee and I love mexican so it will be nice to have something within walking distance. Must admit I never tried Mosaic. Think the menu didn't catch my eye and the way the building is pushed in meant it didn't look super inviting. Problem in Altona is there is an oversaturation of italian/bistro places so it's nice to have something a little different pop up.

I walked by it last night there were people inside but the sign said closed. Might have been a friends and family soft open. Spoke to a lady who was setting it up a couple of weeks ago and she told me June 5. Maybe it got pushed forward?

Yeah, I've been to the one in Yarraville. Fiancee and I love mexican so it will be nice to have something within walking distance. Must admit I never tried Mosaic. Think the menu didn't catch my eye and the way the building is pushed in meant it didn't look super inviting. Problem in Altona is there is an oversaturation of italian/bistro places so it's nice to have something a little different pop up.
Yeah the menu wasn't super catching but the bar inside was massive and nice. My wife and i would go there every now and then just or a few drinks

Defiantly Italian dominated along Pier street. Pier 71 is awesome, Stella has the best pizzas and numero Uno has insanely good chicken parmas

The one place I have never tried along there is the dumpling place, my wife has ben busting my balls for years to try it though

Yeah the menu wasn't super catching but the bar inside was massive and nice. My wife and i would go there every now and then just or a few drinks

Defiantly Italian dominated along Pier street. Pier 71 is awesome, Stella has the best pizzas and numero Uno has insanely good chicken parmas

The one place I have never tried along there is the dumpling place, my wife has ben busting my balls for years to try it though
Went to the dumpling place once. It was okay but I've had much better dumplings elsewhere. Pier 71 has always been our go to if we want to go out for dinner but can't be bothered driving. Also still haven't tried Saint Germain although I think it's more of a wine bar + grazing plates than a proper restaurant.

Went to the dumpling place once. It was okay but I've had much better dumplings elsewhere. Pier 71 has always been our go to if we want to go out for dinner but can't be bothered driving. Also still haven't tried Saint Germain although I think it's more of a wine bar + grazing plates than a proper restaurant.
St Germain is 100% more a wine bar/grazing place

Went there about a month back, it's not bad. The meatballs were actually really good though

If you don't mind driving a 10 mins try Fresh Chilli Thai (Laverton near Aircraft station), Pier Farm (Williamstown on the Strand) and Pizza d'Asporto (Williamstown on Kororoit Creek Rd). fat Jacks at Altona Gate is pretty good for burgers and comfort food too

How long have you lived in Altona? I moved into Altona Meadows in '97 to buy my first house for a packet of chips. You could get houses in Lavo on 600+ blocks for 50-60k back then.

We used to go the the Chinese restaurant Harbour Inn. Food was great there and was devo when it shut down.

How long have you lived in Altona? I moved into Altona Meadows in '97 to buy my first house for a packet of chips. You could get houses in Lavo on 600+ blocks for 50-60k back then.

We used to go the the Chinese restaurant Harbour Inn. Food was great there and was devo when it shut down.
2019, used to live in Hawthorn but fiancee works in weribee so we moved out west. My office is in South Melbourne but I haven't been there since COVID so it works for me. We're only renting though. Trying to buy a house at the moment but these days you're lucky to get a townhouse on 200sqm of land for under 800k around here. Will probably end up Lara way.

2019, used to live in Hawthorn but fiancee works in weribee so we moved out west. My office is in South Melbourne but I haven't been there since COVID so it works for me. We're only renting though. Trying to buy a house at the moment but these days you're lucky to get a townhouse on 200sqm of land for under 800k around here. Will probably end up Lara way.
Lol, I am literally looking at houses in Lara as I type this. Really want to move to little river but most properties are over a million which is more then I want to spend. Last house I looked at there was on an acre and the range in the statement of info was 950,000 to 1,050,000 and went for 1.2. Not many come on the market in Little River.

Lol, I am literally looking at houses in Lara as I type this. Really want to move to little river but most properties are over a million which is more then I want to spend. Last house I looked at there was on an acre and the range in the statement of info was 950,000 to 1,050,000 and went for 1.2. Not many come on the market in Little River.
Would love little river but yeah expensive and only like two houses sell there per year.

Laverton is still a ******* dump, they are knocking a lot of joints down there but no way would I live there

Laverton is still a ******* dump, they are knocking a lot of joints down there but no way would I live there
It is. When I lived in Williamstown as a youth we considered Newport, Spotswood and Yarraville as poor areas too. It will gentrify in the coming decades.

Lived across the road from the botanical gardens and 200m from the beach. I couldn't even afford to pitch a tent there these days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back