Universal Love 2022-24 Random Chat - BBQ, Other Food, Cats, Whatever

Remove this Banner Ad

Also I’ve formed a broad opinion on overpriced app-based, ‘personalised’ mindful eating programs that claim to be “not a diet!!!”

It can * right off. It is absolutely a diet. Putting foods into traffic light categories and measuring a food log for exceeding in any category is absolutely a diet. It’s a diet with hi-5s, badges and some clown bot sending bullshit notifications like “All you have to do is believe”.

It’s not personalised, except to extract as much information about your ‘goals’ as necessary to calculate to what extent they can rip you off. What’s more is the traffic light system and manner in which food is classified doesn’t look like any kind of healthy diet to me, more like welcome to iron deficiency. Especially ordinary for anyone that tries to exercise regularly.

So after a tedious argument with the bot, plus some hi-5s I cancelled BIG TIME. After half a dozen times clicking YES following a “are you sure you want to leave?” Yes I am, Hi-5 guy, and just go away. I’m cancelling a stupid app subscription, not trying to launch a nuclear missile.

FFS!

Only app like that I use is the Monash Uni FODMAP app which is a life saver for cooking for my fiancee who has fructose malabsorbtion. Basically just an encyclopedia of food and their different sugar types and contents, no stupid notifications. One time payment too.

Only app like that I use is the Monash Uni FODMAP app which is a life saver for cooking for my fiancee who has fructose malabsorbtion. Basically just an encyclopedia of food and their different sugar types and contents, no stupid notifications. One time payment too.
I am going to go back to MyFitnessPal premium, which gives you a proper nutritional breakdown that you can tailor better to needs. I’ve used it with success before and it doesn’t hi-5 me all the ******* time. Huge library of nutrition profiles of nearly every food right down to brands, and works well to help portion control. Plus it makes me exercise more so I can gain credits to eat more nice things

Verve Clicquot yellow label brut. Nice.
Nice drop. Probably prefer the Bollinger around the same price but I'm far from a champagne expert.

Was out with a couple of my wife's friends a couple of weeks ago and got talked in buying a bottle of Dom Perignon at dinner. * me $495 stung a bit but my goodness I could taste why that is so ******* expensive

Nice drop. Probably prefer the Bollinger around the same price but I'm far from a champagne expert.

Was out with a couple of my wife's friends a couple of weeks ago and got talked in buying a bottle of Dom Perignon at dinner. * me $495 stung a bit but my goodness I could taste why that is so ******* expensive
Wowee. Would be amazing. I find you do have to spend a bit on champagne. Rough reds can be a bit meh, but crap sparkling is like ingesting nail varnish remover fizzed up with a sodastream. I need to diversify my knowledge a bit, try some lesser known labels and work through some of the tazzy sparkling - see if there is something good out there that hasn’t been found by James Halliday and skyrocketed

$495 for a memorable bottle of wine, that’s not too bad really. I was jonesing so hard for a chocolate milk a few months back I ran a red light on the way to ALDI. $468 for a bootleg Big M drink.:$

Spilled some on my shirt too, life sucks hey.

$495 for a memorable bottle of wine, that’s not too bad really. I was jonesing so hard for a chocolate milk a few months back I ran a red light on the way to ALDI. $468 for a bootleg Big M drink.:$

Spilled some on my shirt too, life sucks hey.
Next time just use Uber Eats

Can you believe Uber refused to give me the name of the person stealing off my credit card because they wanted to protect their privacy? I had to go through the cops to get my refund, they would only give me a refund on the delivery portion.

Genuinely s**t company.

Anyway, turns out it was a women working for them who stole off my card, apparently she got fired, how dumb would you have to be to use someone else's card on your own account.

Can you believe Uber refused to give me the name of the person stealing off my credit card because they wanted to protect their privacy? I had to go through the cops to get my refund, they would only give me a refund on the delivery portion.

Genuinely s**t company.

Anyway, turns out it was a women working for them who stole off my card, apparently she got fired, how dumb would you have to be to use someone else's card on your own account.
Don't even understand how that happens. Why are they letting drivers see credit card information?

Don't even understand how that happens. Why are they letting drivers see credit card information?

wasn't a driver, was someone who works for them in a Melbourne office.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wasn't a driver, was someone who works for them in a Melbourne office.
Gotcha. Guess that could happen with any company you give your card info over to since you've got no idea how trustworthy they are. That would be a massive security breach on their part though. There are so many laws around that sort of data.

Tried getting three different deliveries on the same card on a Friday night, only got the one delivery valued at $165, didnt have enough on that card to pay for the other two.

Nowadays I always temporarily block my Visa cards via my banks app's and just switch it back on when I want to use it myself. Saves the ******* round of having to cancel my VISA and wait for 5 days for another one.

Tried getting three different deliveries on the same card on a Friday night, only got the one delivery valued at $165, didnt have enough on that card to pay for the other two.

Nowadays I always temporarily block my Visa cards via my banks app's and just switch it back on when I want to use it myself. Saves the ******* round of having to cancel my VISA and wait for 5 days for another one.
I've set up notifications on my phone every time a transaction goes through on my account. Hasn't happened yet but if something weird went through I'll know immediately.

My mother in law had her uber account hacked. Trips were being created and responded to by fake drivers who were billing her for five minute trips from melbourne to geelong. real drivers were responsing to requests too and rocking up to her house by the dozen, ahe had no idea what was happening. Thosands gone in a few hours and no person to speak to over the phone, i had to try and resolve it via facebook chat in the middle of the night.

garbage company

My mother in law had her uber account hacked. Trips were being created and responded to by fake drivers who were billing her for five minute trips from melbourne to geelong. real drivers were responsing to requests too and rocking up to her house by the dozen, ahe had no idea what was happening. Thosands gone in a few hours and no person to speak to over the phone, i had to try and resolve it via facebook chat in the middle of the night.

garbage company

They absolutely are mate, ran into the same roadblocks when I tried reporting mine, just an automated chat bot to respond to your enquires. Absolutely infuriating.

Wasn't till I emailed them that I was going through the cops that they even gave me my delivery fee back. Bank chased up the purchase amount for me with the help of the police.

Closed my account, will never use them again.

garbage company
This stuff really shits me

This stuff really shits me
It was poor in so many ways. Not having another human to speak to sucked obviously but I couldn't believe how poor the technology was that a) it could be hacked in that manner in the first place and b) the software didn't recognise that one person couldn't possibly cover 10,000km in one evening's travel.

Was pretty poor from the credit card company too actually, I've had my account suspended heaps of times due to odd transactions, this bank account was pumped by Uber, literally thousands and the Commonwealth Bank let it go for hours and hours.

It was poor in so many ways. Not having another human to speak to sucked obviously but I couldn't believe how poor the technology was that a) it could be hacked in that manner in the first place and b) the software didn't recognise that one person couldn't possibly cover 10,000km in one evening's travel.

Was pretty poor from the credit card company too actually, I've had my account suspended heaps of times due to odd transactions, this bank account was pumped by Uber, literally thousands and the Commonwealth Bank let it go for hours and hours.
I’ve had a couple of calls over the past couple of years from the fraud department of my bank (bless their little cotton socks) asking some questions about money transfers heading offshore. Needless to say, I didn’t make the transfer.

s**t heel rubbish. Also what pisses me off the most about these campaigners is they strike gold with the elderly or otherwise vulnerable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back