Universal Love 2022-24 Random Chat - BBQ, Other Food, Cats, Whatever

Remove this Banner Ad

I lived in a group house as a student. One of the other students was this bloke who didn’t / couldn’t do cleaning of any kind, but it was mostly okay because we let him have the ensuite bathroom to avoid sharing that.

One time we went away during the midterm break leaving him in the house alone. When I came back there were dirty plates etc piled from kitchen bench to ceiling. He made a discovery that you could get a full set of crockery for under 20 bucks at target, and he bought more and more every few days to avoid washing up. We had 6 full sets after this episode
And I'd do it again.

I lived in a group house as a student. One of the other students was this bloke who didn’t / couldn’t do cleaning of any kind, but it was mostly okay because we let him have the ensuite bathroom to avoid sharing that.

One time we went away during the midterm break leaving him in the house alone. When I came back there were dirty plates etc piled from kitchen bench to ceiling. He made a discovery that you could get a full set of crockery for under 20 bucks at target, and he bought more and more every few days to avoid washing up. We had 6 full sets after this episode
All he had to do was chuck out the dirty dishes and no one would have known.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m going to have a pie for lunch.

When I have a pie at home, so on a plate and not in a wrapper, I saw off the lid of the pie; then add tomato sauce to the meat filling and swirl it around, making a very hot pie cool enough to eat. But I leave the bottom half until last and at this point I add sauce to the underside of the pie lid which I hold with the outer side facing down so that gravity doesn’t cause the sauce to drip. I use a knife to spread the sauce on the pie lid so that each bite has the same or similar sauce quotient. Then I consume the lid and return to the main body of the pie. I eat half of the mince and swirled tomato sauce with a spoon, but leave enough clinging to the pie base to flavour the last pieces of pie. I will sometimes add more sauce to the remaining pie base if I feel that the original swirling didn’t allow enough sauce to penetrate the depths of the filling. Then I eat the base of the pie.
Used to do similar. Would take the lid off, eat the meat with sauce, then eat the pastry last.

Also, as an adult I have become even more quirky and now I eat a pie with a knife and fork. It just makes sense.

Don’t even start me on my OCD food prep and eating.

Certain foods must never touch each other on the plate. We regularly make home-made pizzas and the Fibonacci sequence must be applied in making pizza.

more tomorrow.

Final thought, Kraft singles are a must on Jaffle‘s and toasted sandwiches. And who doesn’t love cheese on toast with kraft singles when the cheese turns black? Might shed a tear.

come at me.

What a legend.

I don’t understand why they didn’t just buy paper plates and disposable cuttlery tho.

Final thought, Kraft singles are a must on Jaffle‘s and toasted sandwiches. And who doesn’t love cheese on toast with kraft singles when the cheese turns black? Might shed a tear.

come at me.
Anazing, I was gonna post about cheese toasties yesterday- maybe I did.

I made the best ever cheese toastie yesterday. It had five different types of cheese; a cheer tasty slice, mozarella, something beginning with P that is not parmesan, parmesan, and something else I can’t remember. I think it began with R.

Grilled it in an air fryer and it came out unreal.

Is anyone here old enough to remember referring to their mother as "the old cheese" ?

slang An older woman, especially a wife or mother. Primarily heard in Australia. A: "Where are you two going on your trip?" B: "Oh, the old cheese and I will be off on an island getaway!" Well, I've been grounded for the past week, so I doubt the old cheese will let me go out with you guys this weekend.

Is anyone here old enough to remember referring to their mother as "the old cheese" ?

slang An older woman, especially a wife or mother. Primarily heard in Australia. A: "Where are you two going on your trip?" B: "Oh, the old cheese and I will be off on an island getaway!" Well, I've been grounded for the past week, so I doubt the old cheese will let me go out with you guys this weekend.
I’ve heard the expression or maybe read it in books?

Yeah, must just be in books. I know of it, but i don’t think I’ve actually heard someone use it

Anazing, I was gonna post about cheese toasties yesterday- maybe I did.

I made the best ever cheese toastie yesterday. It had five different types of cheese; a cheer tasty slice, mozarella, something beginning with P that is not parmesan, parmesan, and something else I can’t remember. I think it began with R.

Grilled it in an air fryer and it came out unreal.
Are air fryers any good? I’ve not got one

Are air fryers any good? I’ve not got one
My partner got one. I'm still a bit skeptical about it (it's pretty huge and we don't use it very often) but it does work well. For hungover snacks it's much quicker and easier than the oven (bugge, chips etc) and we've done roast veg in it to decent results.
I've seen them used for toasties really well so need to get on that.

My partner got one. I'm still a bit skeptical about it (it's pretty huge and we don't use it very often) but it does work well. For hungover snacks it's much quicker and easier than the oven (bugge, chips etc) and we've done roast veg in it to decent results.
I've seen them used for toasties really well so need to get on that.
Yeah it’s the size that has put me off going down that road. That and the fact that I’ve impulse-bought every other kitchen gadget known to man. I bought a pasta bike last week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back