Universal Love 2022-24 Random Chat - BBQ, Other Food, Cats, Whatever

Remove this Banner Ad

Big story breaking of historical child abuse at the Dogs in the 1980's and 1990's .

Horrific read. Can’t even imagine the pain the victims endured.

Big story breaking of historical child abuse at the Dogs in the 1980's and 1990's .

One of the most difficult things I’ve ever read. Feel so horrifically sorry for the victim and anyone else who has endured abuse like that.

Makes me so angry that anyone could abuse kids.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Absolutely heartbreaking and infuriating read, really feels like the courts almost protect abusers, or at least used to. All these abusers should be locked up forever.

I hope Adam can find some peace in his life.

If this s**t happened under MFC watch, I'd disown this club in an instant.

I think its a bit unfair to blame the Dogs on this. Everything was way looser in society 30-40 years ago, the working with children check didn't even exist.

Not an excuse. This poor soul has had to carry those scars for the past 4 decades. The fact that we treat children worse than the perpetrators sickens me.

As I said, if this happened with a MFC coat of paint/banner I would disown this club in an instant and burn all MFC paraphernalia.

I think its a bit unfair to blame the Dogs on this. Everything was way looser in society 30-40 years ago, the working with children check didn't even exist.
Mr Kneale said that, despite knowing about the crimes committed by his abuser since 1994, the Bulldogs had never sought to contact him nor offer assistance. The club's president in 1994, Peter Gordon, is a cousin of Mr Kneale's father.

It was a superbly crafted, albeit sickening article. The fact he was offered lifetime psychological help by one of the lawyers that was never followed through with is a crying shame.

Not an excuse. This poor soul has had to carry those scars for the past 4 decades. The fact that we treat children worse than the perpetrators sickens me.

As I said, if this happened with a MFC coat of paint/banner I would disown this club in an instant and burn all MFC paraphernalia.

The club didn't sentence him in the courts, the fact those who were guilty of the crimes got off lightly is a courts issue.

Mr Kneale said that, despite knowing about the crimes committed by his abuser since 1994, the Bulldogs had never sought to contact him nor offer assistance. The club's president in 1994, Peter Gordon, is a cousin of Mr Kneale's father.

I must have missed that in the article, can you quote what he said about Gordon knowing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club didn't sentence him in the courts, the fact those who were guilty of the crimes got off lightly is a courts issue.

I must have missed that in the article, can you quote what he said about Gordon knowing?

I know that the clubs don't have that power, however would you be happy, or as accepting, if it happened under the MFC banner?

I know I wouldn't .

I know that the clubs don't have that power, however would you be happy, or as accepting, if it happened under the MFC banner?

I know I wouldn't .

Of course the people in charge should be held responsible, but I wouldn't be holding people working at a club now responsible for what happened 30 years ago under a completely different administration.

Last edited:
Of course the people in charge should be held responsible, but I wouldn't be holding people working at a club now for what happened 30 years ago under a completely different administration.

If the club knew about it and turned a blind eye that would be a completely different manner.
You can't blame the club for what a sneaky pedo did.

Noted but we can all agree that its ******* disgusting what happened. No kid should have to endure that.

Last edited:
Apparently I got so drunk I ordered a breatho last night. Hardest part of this whole thing is waiting 20 minutes between drinks for an accurate reading :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

I get that it is a breathalyser. What I don't get is why you ordered one, the fact that it has already been delivered (on a Sunday) and the fact that you are still drunk to the point that you can't get an accurate reading...

Wait, scratch that last one.

As sad a story as there could be.

Was living in Williamstown in the mid/late 80’s as a child and was exposed to a person trying to do the same thing.

This might be related to TM, but deserves the serious discussion going on.

probably good if this discussion was moved to the non footy thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back