Universal Love 2022-24 Random Chat - BBQ, Other Food, Cats, Whatever

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it was really good in every aspect. I was up in Mt Dandenong on Sunday and on the way home thought duck it lets go as it's not much of a detour

The indoor section would be cool bar like place to have a few drinks with mates while they have live music on. A very Austin type feel imo

And the food was really good and a decent price too.

$68 for the family fun pack

200g beef brisket (was really good a tender. Thick pieces too so you know its good brisket when you get the thick slices)
300g pulled pork (quite tasty but I'm not a huge pulled pork fan but I don't hate it)
Cheesey Kransky (Nice and great for the kids)
6 x Southern Fried wings (the coating was really good with a nice little kick to it
Chips
Coleslaw
2 x Mac & Cheese (not sure why two, but was rather good just very rich
Pickles

By the time I grabbed a Schooner, a bloody Mary & a couple of cokes it was like $100. Which is pretty well priced imo

Another bonus was they let me bring the dog to sit outside with, so the dog smashed the left overs

2.5kg King Island brisket sounds sick, where did you get it from? and how much did they stick you for it?

PS I had my two bottom wisdom teeth surgical removed yesterday so I haven't eaten breakfast or anything non drinkable for 2 days (Not to be that guy that has to top people lol)
Damn on the teeth, no fun for sure. Scrambled eggs with broken up crustless bread mixed in before cooking was go good way to get some solids in after a couple of days. I had all four taken out in the chair by I assume the angel of death. Had dentist PTSD for a while after that, she was brutal. She finally showed a little mercy when I started yelling 'I can feel it!' when she was trying to extract a bit of broken tooth. Anyway...

Yeah it's a good place. Was first introduced to it when a friend had their wedding reception there. That was the beginning of my love for smoked brisket as opposed to slow cooked I used to do.

I'm the same in that I'm not a huge fan of pulled pork but remember it was ok.

Get the brisket from the butcher at Werribee pacific (plaza to anyone who lived in the west prior to 5 years ago). It is really well priced at about $20 a kg and is much better quality than meat I've got from Tasman and the like. Seems quite a bit softer to touch but does tend to require a bit more trimming of fat than others, which I find crushing.

Damn on the teeth, no fun for sure. Scrambled eggs with broken up crustless bread mixed in before cooking was go good way to get some solids in after a couple of days. I had all four taken out in the chair by I assume the angel of death. Had dentist PTSD for a while after that, she was brutal. She finally showed a little mercy when I started yelling 'I can feel it!' when she was trying to extract a bit of broken tooth. Anyway...

Yeah it's a good place. Was first introduced to it when a friend had their wedding reception there. That was the beginning of my love for smoked brisket as opposed to slow cooked I used to do.

I'm the same in that I'm not a huge fan of pulled pork but remember it was ok.

Get the brisket from the butcher at Werribee pacific (plaza to anyone who lived in the west prior to 5 years ago). It is really well priced at about $20 a kg and is much better quality than meat I've got from Tasman and the like. Seems quite a bit softer to touch but does tend to require a bit more trimming of fat than others, which I find crushing.
Pacific Werribee, I want to hear the verdict on it. Have tried brisket from the Butchers club in Hooper's which was pretty good.

Going to get some from Paddock to Table in Laverton next, all their other meat is ******* awesome

Pacific Werribee, I want to hear the verdict on it. Have tried brisket from the Butchers club in Hooper's which was pretty good.

Going to get some from Paddock to Table in Laverton next, all their other meat is ******* awesome
I have cooked 4-5 briskets from there and have had my best results using the king island meat. I'll have to give the other two a go.

Also got some good meat from the dry aged meat company in Hoppers but never bought brisket. Plan to try them.

Looks like they do black angus brisket there. No website I can find but a FB page.

Also got some good meat from the dry aged meat company in Hoppers but never bought brisket. Plan to try them.

Looks like they do black angus brisket there. No website I can find but a FB page.
Is that off Old Geelong Road?

If so I've wanted to go there. Is there a good meat/steak selection?

Is that off Old Geelong Road?

If so I've wanted to go there. Is there a good meat/steak selection?
Yeah, Dunlop Rd.

Haven’t been for a while but it’s a small place but good selection from memory.

Yeah, Dunlop Rd.

Haven’t been for a while but it’s a small place but good selection from memory.
Yeah I want to go out there and have a look. I've been meaning to for a while, might do that when I can eat solids again

Best brisket I’ve done for quality of cook.
551CAB0A-4D33-4500-9F7E-D7AEE9D4E267.jpeg
9EF67025-D055-4C82-9C8E-306A08A34A47.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Around 1.8 after trimming some fat off.
That's awesome that you were able to get a result that good with such a small cut. I've been scared of doing brisket because I didn't want to waste 5-7kgs

That's awesome that you were able to get a result that good with such a small cut. I've been scared of doing brisket because I didn't want to waste 5-7kgs
I've got good results with a couple of small cuts around 1kg, but if it's bigger they are more forgiving. I reckon 2-3kg's is about the perfect size.

deeco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 3, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Slice "left overs" if you don't get to them then vac seal in batches for sandwiches etc, beats wasting fresh brisket on a piece of bread :tearsofjoy:

Been watching a s**t tone of old friendly Jordies clips of late, perfect representation of an Aussie family. :tearsofjoy:

Perfect representation of country Aussie pubs :tearsofjoy:

Hes got so many great vids like this..

I thought he only did political videos. These were hilarious. :tearsofjoy:

Yea, he hasn't done any of these in ages but there is an absolute s**t load of them back 3 or 4 years ago. Have a look, you'll find some bangers... Another of my favs below..... the "tell him not to touch my fruit and nut" line had me in stitches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back