Universal Love 2022-24 Random Chat - BBQ, Other Food, Cats, Whatever

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve been WFH for about a million years now and yesterday I had to go into the office for a meeting. Which meant I noticed that my office type clothes seemed a bit tight on me. And I discovered that I have gained over 4 kilos over the past 6 months.

So I’ve put myself on a diet, starting today. Or not a diet (apparently), more a ‘long-term cognitive strategy to develop healthy eating habits through mindfulness’.

I’m not sure about it so far though. I’ve been so ******* mindful that I think about food all day, which makes me hungry. I found myself contemplating lunch at about a quarter-to-eleven, and had to mindfully eat a grapefruit to make it until one. And I’ve just turned of the notifications from this mindful eating app because it keeps dinging at me to send “you’re doing great” type messages and giving me coins and badges and s**t.

I had the genius idea of making a kind of vegetable stir-fry with those miracle noodles that have virtually no calories that kind of expand in your stomach. So now I’m totally full with miracle noodles but the way I’m heading I won’t meet my minimum calorie target by bedtime and the app will get all angry with me because that’s not healthy and all. Plus my intestines are starting to make a symphony of digestive noises to alert me that they are confused by the sudden surplus of fibre that they are attempting to deal with. I sound like my stomach is housing a family of meerkats. I’m not sure either of us will be able to face my mid-afternoon mindful watermelon.

Plus I’m having a day off today because of reasons that I invented for telling the boss purposes. Which is great because I can at least deal with the constant messages and hi-5s from my 1:1 “food coach” that sounds suspiciously like a bot created in the US. I tried asking him some questions, to lay a trap rather than caring about the answers, but he keeps hi-5ing and telling me I’m going great. But what with the app interactions and eating food in a slow and appreciative mindful way, savouring the flavours and textures and all, and scheduling the 3k walk that I have committed to as part of my daily goals, I probably won’t be able to work ever again because I don’t have the ******* time.

I’m about to have my afternoon contemplation time. I am trying to explain to my bot friend that I’m trying to fit into my jeans, not reach some kind of peak Buddhist state of mind thing, but he just sends me hi-5s. I’m going to go now and savour the flavours and textures of my soda-stream fizzy water with two ice cubes and a slice of decorative ginger.
I am going to celebrate your new zen state of mindfulness by having a beer.

Oh, almost forgot. Hi-5 to you good lady for your fine efforts!

Love their beers. My Mrs' folks live out that way, can add it to a future visit itinerary
I want a review of their bbq

Although tbf I'm sure ill make an excuse for a 40km drive from the west to try it one weekend since there are no home Melbourne games in Vic for the next month

Hey! My sister just sent me two black truffles from a truffle farm she visited in Tasmania. 60g in total! Must have coast several hundred so a pretty generous present. I’ve wrapped them in some kitchen towel and sealed them in a container with eggs so the eggs go all truffly.

I wonder what my mindful eating app is going to make of this one?

Hey! My sister just sent me two black truffles from a truffle farm she visited in Tasmania. 60g in total! Must have coast several hundred so a pretty generous present. I’ve wrapped them in some kitchen towel and sealed them in a container with eggs so the eggs go all truffly.

I wonder what my mindful eating app is going to make of this one?
Hi-5’s all round I’d say.

Do you ever make truffle oil with them?

Hi-5’s all round I’d say.

Do you ever make truffle oil with them?
I scrape up all the trimmings after using them and make a small amount of truffle oil. Most of it goes on pasta or eggs though

I scrape up all the trimmings after using them and make a small amount of truffle oil. Most of it goes on pasta or eggs though
How strong is the flavour imparted to the eggs in the container with the truffle?

How strong is the flavour imparted to the eggs in the container with the truffle?
You can certainly taste it. Tastes a bit like you’ve added a dash of truffle oil. Is strange really. Eggshells don’t look porous but apparently they are

I’ve been WFH for about a million years now and yesterday I had to go into the office for a meeting. Which meant I noticed that my office type clothes seemed a bit tight on me. And I discovered that I have gained over 4 kilos over the past 6 months.

So I’ve put myself on a diet, starting today. Or not a diet (apparently), more a ‘long-term cognitive strategy to develop healthy eating habits through mindfulness’.

I’m not sure about it so far though. I’ve been so ******* mindful that I think about food all day, which makes me hungry. I found myself contemplating lunch at about a quarter-to-eleven, and had to mindfully eat a grapefruit to make it until one. And I’ve just turned off the notifications from this mindful eating app because it keeps dinging at me to send “you’re doing great” type messages and giving me coins and badges and s**t.

I had the genius idea of making a kind of vegetable stir-fry with those miracle noodles that have virtually no calories that kind of expand in your stomach. So now I’m totally full with miracle noodles but the way I’m heading I won’t meet my minimum calorie target by bedtime and the app will get all angry with me because that’s not healthy and all. Plus my intestines are starting to make a symphony of digestive noises to alert me that they are confused by the sudden surplus of fibre that they are attempting to deal with. I sound like my stomach is housing a family of meerkats. I’m not sure either of us will be able to face my mid-afternoon mindful watermelon.

Plus I’m having a day off today because of reasons that I invented for telling the boss purposes. Which is great because I can at least deal with the constant messages and hi-5s from my 1:1 “food coach” that sounds suspiciously like a bot created in the US. I tried asking him some questions, to lay a trap rather than caring about the answers, but he keeps hi-5ing and telling me I’m going great. But what with the app interactions and eating food in a slow and appreciative mindful way, savouring the flavours and textures and all, and scheduling the 3k walk that I have committed to as part of my daily goals, I probably won’t be able to work ever again because I don’t have the ******* time.

I’m about to have my afternoon contemplation time. I am trying to explain to my bot friend that I’m trying to fit into my jeans, not reach some kind of peak Buddhist state of mind thing, but he just sends me hi-5s. I’m going to go now and savour the flavours and textures of my soda-stream fizzy water with two ice cubes and a slice of decorative ginger.
Talking about work, thanks Proper Gander for the reminder and taking away my work escape in BF

I've gone from stressing over losing my job over the last couple of months to playing a pivotal role on a $55m+ deal for the company. Have been going back and forth with big ass corporate bankers from ANZ and CBA. It has been an experience

Stress have been at levels at an all time high (and everyone who knows me in person knows 'Im the most easy going person of all time).

I'm seriously considering my job/career and if I need this bullshit. Having said that I virtually have no boss other than the CEO who rarely interferes/deals with me (other than the last month when he has been slaughtering me also because if this deal feel through we were both unemployed).

Man I'll be honest my closest mates/even my wife have made comments over the last couple of weeks over my personality change in the last few weeks

Long story short kids/adults. Anyone who tells you to not do a trade because uni pays off can go * themselves. Trades are recession proof/stressfulness is lower than corporate and dont have to deal with rich toffs

Long story short kids/adults. Anyone who tells you to not do a trade because uni pays off can go * themselves. Trades are recession proof/stressfulness is lower than corporate and dont have to deal with rich toffs

Or just become a filthy corrupt politician like Barilaro. Cant stand that fat whiny campaigner.

Been waiting for Jordies to start up WW2 with him again but nothing as of yet.

Or just become a filthy corrupt politician like Barilaro. Cant stand that fat whiny campaigner.

Man I have been in big companies in the past, its a ******* boys social club. Rich connected campaigners ruling them with their kids getting leg ups

I don't want to sound like a whinger, I kinda feel into my position but have moved out of the big corporate dick sucking places

Said to mrs Stinger tonight, I should have just been a sparkie. On $100 odd k a year plus cash jobs on a weekend. Good fukcing money in a stress free life style. Instead for a bit more cash (not that much) Im getting stressed the * out by dickheads who cant do maths (yeah I'm in the high level Finance type roles)

But hey at least my mum can crap on with her s**t because her son has a cool job title

Last edited:
Man I have been in big companies in the past, its a ******* boys social club. Rich connected campaigners ruling them with their kids getting leg ups

I don't want to sound like a whinger, I kinda feel into my position but have moved out of the big corporate dick sucking places

Said to mrs Stinger tonight, I should have just been a sparkie. On $100 odd k a year plus cash jobs on a weekend. Good fukcing koney in a stress free life style. Instead for a bit more cash (not that much) Im getting stressed the * out by dickheads who cant do maths (yeah I'm in the high level Finance type roles)

Makes me sick the Barilaro may be able to get paid out if hes removed from a job he created for himself before quitting parliament a week earlier. Did the lady who was given the job before Barilaro said I want that job also get a payout? The taxpayer would be paying for the role 3 times if so. Absolutely mind blowing how s**t like this is allowed to happen without prison sentences.

Yeah, my brother is a sparkie, so was my dad, my brother said its alright but you have customers to deal with, whinge all the time, some dont pay. Not all sunshine and rainbows but at least he is left alone for most of the day.

Jordies has to be super careful with him now, the moment he even considers going at him again the counter terrorism force will be at his door again lol. Barilaro is the definition of scum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes me sick the Barilaro may be able to get paid out if hes removed from a job he created for himself before quitting parliament a week earlier. Did the lady who was given the job before Barilaro said I want that job also get a payout? The taxpayer would be paying for the role 3 times if so. Absolutely mind blowing how s**t like this is allowed to happen without prison sentences.

Yeah, my brother is a sparkie, so was my dad, my brother said its alright but you have customers to deal with, whinge all the time, some dont pay. Not all sunshine and rainbows but at least he is left alone for most of the day.
It's insane the numbers that come up when you start to look up the worth of politicians. Dutton is worth like $300m, he was a cop before becoming a pollie. Where on earth does that kind of money come from? Goes to show why ICAC is so important. When you look at how much s**t has been dug up even at a state level, I can only imagine the kinds of things that have been going on at a federal level.

It's insane the numbers that come up when you start to look up the worth of politicians. Dutton is worth like $300m, he was a cop before becoming a pollie. Where on earth does that kind of money come from? Goes to show why ICAC is so important. When you look at how much s**t has been dug up even at a state level, I can only imagine the kinds of things that have been going on at a federal level.

It seriously makes me angry when I think about what I went thru with my job coz of covid last year, which in turn resulted in my relationship ending.

If the ICAC is effective with some teeth then Dutton will be one of the first to go lol. Gave defence and offshore detention jobs to companies run by friends who then never provided the service. There's a friendlyjordies vid on it

He was a Queensland cop, might explain a bit.
But also has quite a few property interests through his family that I vaguely recall reports about, also a childcare business maybe? But yeah hard to see how that adds up to $300m

If the ICAC is effective with some teeth then Dutton will be one of the first to go lol. Gave defence and offshore detention jobs to companies run by friends who then never provided the service. There's a friendlyjordies vid on it
One of the best ones. Amazing no mainstream media picked the story up - the research was clearly solid because Dutton isn’t shy about bringing a defamation suit.

One of the best ones. Amazing no mainstream media picked the story up - the research was clearly solid because Dutton isn’t shy about bringing a defamation suit.
They're scared to touch anything jordies does because he's so Labor inclined but that doesn't mean anything given he has the evidence. Also none picked up the story on MP's having sex in the prayer rooms in parliament house and other wrongdoings smh

yeah this outlines it all, astounding stuff.

this one is even better, love Jordies closing line, turning Dutton's own tweet back on him "haha you dirty lefty youre too easy, enjoy your weekend"

They're scared to touch anything jordies does because he's so Labor inclined but that doesn't mean anything given he has the evidence. Also none picked up the story on MP's having sex in the prayer rooms in parliament house and other wrongdoings smh
Shits me. The media I mean. These are all things that deserve investigation but there are no proper investigative journalists employed by major media outlets anymore. When a YouTube comedian runs rings around the profession then something is going very wrong.

Mind you, last time the ABC ventured into top quality investigative journalism the government used influence to have the AFP raid the studios and arrest people.

Mainstream media are all on the Murdoch/Liberal payroll thats why. Bunch of yes men who are too scared to cover real stories about corruption

Talking about work, thanks Proper Gander for the reminder and taking away my work escape in BF

I've gone from stressing over losing my job over the last couple of months to playing a pivotal role on a $55m+ deal for the company. Have been going back and forth with big ass corporate bankers from ANZ and CBA. It has been an experience

Stress have been at levels at an all time high (and everyone who knows me in person knows 'Im the most easy going person of all time).

I'm seriously considering my job/career and if I need this bullshit. Having said that I virtually have no boss other than the CEO who rarely interferes/deals with me (other than the last month when he has been slaughtering me also because if this deal feel through we were both unemployed).

Man I'll be honest my closest mates/even my wife have made comments over the last couple of weeks over my personality change in the last few weeks

I've been both a tradie and now wear a suit. Not corporate but I'm having no fun. Got post covid brain fog and spend my of my time being stressed out and wishing I could find something else to do. Hated dealing with shitty customers and the weather as a tradie. ****ed if I know what the answer is. Anyone out there with a job they enjoy, stick with it if it pays the bills.

Shits me. The media I mean. These are all things that deserve investigation but there are no proper investigative journalists employed by major media outlets anymore. When a YouTube comedian runs rings around the profession then something is going very wrong.

Mind you, last time the ABC ventured into top quality investigative journalism the government used influence to have the AFP raid the studios and arrest people.
Yeah the govt need to put the money taken away from the ABC in the last 10 years back so they're not scared to actually do their job so they don't lose funding.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back