New Recruits

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 11, 2010
Punt Rd End
AFL Club
Richmond
So I'm starting to become more and more interested in our new team. Very excited to get Katie Brennan,Sabrina Fredrick and now we just gained the No. 1 draft pick that may help use secure the Bulldogs B&F winner Monique Conti! I'm looking forward to us showing the rest of the competition how to really support a women's team and break all the attendance records in 2020 too. If we can get enough excitement generated about our team, the AFL will be throwing money and facilities at us to improve our club as a whole.

The love the Tigers and having another Richmond team to barrack for in the offseason will be fantastic. Its exciting to be at the dawn of something truly revolutionary and momentous to watch it evolve.

I agree. I have not followed the AFLW at all thinking the AFL had snubbed our club. But am now finding myself excited by the prospect of a Richmond team at the top level. I will be watching the VFLW team more closely this season

Yep, very much looking forward to the 2020 season. Have a few friends that were part of the VFLW Tigers squad but both have since been cut.

I've signed up my two daughters (2 year old and 4 month old) as foundation members, and my wife (non footy loving) is also now a member so that's a big win!~!! I'm thinking it will be great to go as the crowd will be smaller so maybe less intimidating for when my 2 year old has her first trip to the footy.

I spoke to Hannah Burchell on Friday.
She is a mad Tiger fan.
To say she is excited is an understatement.
She is a terrific young woman as well.
I really wish her well.

I spoke to Hannah Burchell on Friday.
She is a mad Tiger fan.
To say she is excited is an understatement.
She is a terrific young woman as well.
I really wish her well.
Great to hear , it’s excting to have our own side , the girls have a unique level of excitement and energy that spills over when they triumph in our colours , can’t help but be caught up in that , will be a landmark day when we play our first game at Punt rd

You’d think Sabrina will be a key forward , she has good hands & quite good overhead mark , with the game much more open at AFLW will do well
I followed Brisbane’s AFLW team while I was waiting for Richmond to get one and her overhead marks are her strengths from what I saw of her. It’s probably the best feature of her game and it’s a great asset to our team. KPF is the way to go with her I think.
Katie is also good with that though. Our forward line looks packed with talent though so that’s nice to see.

I followed Brisbane’s AFLW team while I was waiting for Richmond to get one and her overhead marks are her strengths from what I saw of her. It’s probably the best feature of her game and it’s a great asset to our team. KPF is the way to go with her I think.
Katie is also good with that though. Our forward line looks packed with talent though so that’s nice to see.

Yep. Sabrina didn't have a great season this year and her move to the Tigers will do her footy the world of good. I wonder if they'll use her more as a ruck option. Will be interesting how the Tiges use the Sabrina / Katie forward line combination. Maybe Sabrina deep and Katie roaming further up the ground.

You’d think Sabrina will be a key forward , she has good hands & quite good overhead mark , with the game much more open at AFLW will do well

Needs to work on her goal kicking. Probably the only part of her game that is well below par.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does she get the captaincy for next year?

Think you would best be going for more experience and just let Alice develop. She has only played a couple of years and isn't in our VFLW leadership group - Jess Kennedy, Laura Bailey, Alana Woodward, Lisa Davie, Jenna Colwell, Kate Dempsey - None of our leaders are contracted for AFLW 2020 (yet?).

Looking through our AFLW squad Katie Brennan would be my pick.
  • Ex AFLW captain.
  • Inspires team mates.
  • Respected by all.
  • Doesn't seem to put a foot wrong on or off the field.
  • Well spoken.
  • Sponsors like her as does the media.
Seems to tick all the boxes and probably the reason she was our first AFLW signing. No doubt getting her on board first probably made a few others fall our way.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back