Rumour New rules for 2019 ticked off by AFL Clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

The 666 changes are the thin end if the wedge. What they want is to split the game wide open to allow LOTS more goals. All this pressure means less goals, less ads. That's not good for business looking forward. Ch7 has thrown the toys out of the cot and hey, they bankroll the game so they want more goals. Once the 666 set ups at the start of each qtr and after each goal is bedded in, then comes the 666 where they're the new starting positions for EVERY stoppage. Imagine the space. Dangerfield is the players rep and he LOVES these changes. He sees Brownlows 2 and 3 glimmering in the shadows for him. All that space. All those goals. All that cashola.

That's why fans are complaining. Maybe not so short sighted at all...maybe they see through the bs and rulewashing.

Are either of these two rules actually necessary in the game right now ? Or are they the Trojan Horse that Ch7 have pressured the AFL to push up against our castle ?

The game is basically OK...it doesn't need this.
It doesnt matter what changes are made as carlton will always be crap.
If ch7 want to make more money and increase tv ratings then leave the game alone and get carlton to play a permanent sunday twilight at telstra (except when they play richmond).
We have seen some sensational games in the last month with games being decided by a goal.
Whatever changes are implemented the afl coaches will find a loop hole to play to their team strengths. Lets remember the afl had to change the kick in rule because joel bowden out smarted them.

The 666 changes are the thin end if the wedge. What they want is to split the game wide open to allow LOTS more goals. All this pressure means less goals, less ads. That's not good for business looking forward. Ch7 has thrown the toys out of the cot and hey, they bankroll the game so they want more goals. Once the 666 set ups at the start of each qtr and after each goal is bedded in, then comes the 666 where they're the new starting positions for EVERY stoppage. Imagine the space. Dangerfield is the players rep and he LOVES these changes. He sees Brownlows 2 and 3 glimmering in the shadows for him. All that space. All those goals. All that cashola.

That's why fans are complaining. Maybe not so short sighted at all...maybe they see through the bs and rulewashing.

Are either of these two rules actually necessary in the game right now ? Or are they the Trojan Horse that Ch7 have pressured the AFL to push up against our castle ?

The game is basically OK...it doesn't need this.

CH7 don’t bankroll the game, the fans do.

Make the game more attractive by improving quality, not the number of goals. Ads become more valuable when more people are watching.

Wow..I actually scrolled and skimmed through the replies. Basically EVERY person slammed the rule changes and are in disbelief this is happening.

I really believed that they would back down knowing so many people are against it.

Completely baffling this decision. The 'dont worry, they'll eventually come around ' attitude of these campaigners.

The stubborness is unbeilevable, coaches, players and fans have all said these rules are stupid and to stick them up your arse but these flogs are carrying on anyway, expect them to be abolished after the practice matches after negative feedback.

6-6-6 does nothing and i mean nothing

18m goalsquare will do nothing, teams will still kick short into the pocket rather than kick to a contest.

Teams who feed on the turnover and repeat entries ( hello tigers ) are going to massacre sides with more open space in the F50 ( hello Jack and Tom )

18m goal square ? will there be a slippery slide too ? :drunk:

images

The goal square is going to bring rushed behinds well and truly back into vogue.

Win the flag this year Richmond, please. It's only going to get worse.

The stubborness is unbeilevable, coaches, players and fans have all said these rules are stupid and to stick them up your arse but these flogs are carrying on anyway, expect them to be abolished after the practice matches after negative feedback.

6-6-6 does nothing and i mean nothing

18m goalsquare will do nothing, teams will still kick short into the pocket rather than kick to a contest.

Teams who feed on the turnover and repeat entries ( hello tigers ) are going to massacre sides with more open space in the F50 ( hello Jack and Tom )
do u reckon the changes will fu*k us up or benefit us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Benefit, we feed on turnover so the 18m square will force teams to defend 9m higher up the ground to stop the long kick thus creating space in the 50 arc, turn it over and Tom and co will have acres of space to work into, the down side is that as soon as a side gets done on the turnover they will be instucted to kick into the pocket to the safe option like they do now thus rendering the 18m square useless.

The clowns have not thought this through and have this imaginary cartoon in their heads and think it will become reality when in actual fact it will do nothing.

Honestly coaches, fans and players make the game yet they fail to listen.Never seen a sport that tickers with rules for the sake of it.Still bemused why that panel had so much cats influence.

Wow..I actually scrolled and skimmed through the replies. Basically EVERY person slammed the rule changes and are in disbelief this is happening.

I really believed that they would back down knowing so many people are against it.

Completely baffling this decision. The 'dont worry, they'll eventually come around ' attitude of these campaigners.
Can’t believe how wrong the AFL have read the fans.

This proves the afl doesn’t give a s**t about what the fans want.

It’ll help us I reckon.

Especially if we do get Lynch.

Jack and Lynch would absolutely love genuine one v one contests in the F50, they’ll win them 9 times out of 10.

Plus even though opposition supporters refuse to believe it we actively do everything we can to get the ball out of congestion, this will make it easier for us I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back