Rumour New rules for 2019 ticked off by AFL Clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

The funny thing is these rules are not even going to benefit the AFL lovechilds in Melbourne and GWS.

They will favour Sydney and Geelong who have just spent the last bloody decade at the top and who all suck at Forward 50 pressure.

Yes AFL instead of making the competition more even you’ve just made it so that Sydney and Geelong get to stay on top.
6-6-6 will actually screw melbourne who love to run 2 spares off the back off the square at centre bounces, under 6-6-6 you cant do that because it means taking 2 backs away leaving you exposed down back 4 on 6.

18m square actually does nothing, it's the same as a back having a free or mark 20m out from goal. Useless change that will achieve nothing but people laughing at how stupid the goaltrangle looks.

At first I was against the 6-6-6 rule because I though it was for all stoppages such as ball ups and throw ins. That would have made the game unwatchable while you wait for the players get into position. With it only being for Centre bounces then it's not so bad.

Even then there would still be problems with a lot of blowout games. If a good team is playing a poor team, the poor wouldn't be able to send one back now to stem the bleeding.

At first I was against the 6-6-6 rule because I though it was for all stoppages such as ball ups and throw ins. That would have made the game unwatchable while you wait for the players get into position. With it only being for Centre bounces then it's not so bad.

Even then there would still be problems with a lot of blowout games. If a good team is playing a poor team, the poor wouldn't be able to send one back now to stem the bleeding.

I think they are prepared to wear the backlash of blowouts as long as they can get more goals, and therefore more ads for $$$$$. Although it is about congestion, it is more about goals. Stopping the defensive ability of putting one or two back, so a clearance from a centre bounce will go to a 6 vs 6. With our back 6, feeling confident there. And very confident with our forwards. Doing better at centre clearances may need to be looked at. Some teams will struggle with thus rule change.

The kickouts, teams will still chip to hold possession no doubt. But gives more options though because of the extra space. Teams may pull the trigger more often long down the corridor. Obviously to the wing the safer option. Our chaos just keep it moving forward should work well with this. Although teams can still press up and better players will always win the pill once it's a contested situation.

I just hope we see some real blowouts in the preseason games. First quarter, first game,
13.4.82 vs 2.2.14.

Thanks Hocking you absolute campaigner.

I think they are prepared to wear the backlash of blowouts as long as they can get more goals, and therefore more ads for $$$$$. Although it is about congestion, it is more about goals. Stopping the defensive ability of putting one or two back, so a clearance from a centre bounce will go to a 6 vs 6. With our back 6, feeling confident there. And very confident with our forwards. Doing better at centre clearances may need to be looked at. Some teams will struggle with thus rule change.

The kickouts, teams will still chip to hold possession no doubt. But gives more options though because of the extra space. Teams may pull the trigger more often long down the corridor. Obviously to the wing the safer option. Our chaos just keep it moving forward should work well with this. Although teams can still press up and better players will always win the pill once it's a contested situation.

I just hope we see some real blowouts in the preseason games. First quarter, first game,
13.4.82 vs 2.2.14.

Thanks Hocking you absolute campaigner.

I would love to see blowouts like that so the patrons can switch off , that would be an unintended consequence that might see change at Gilligans island

3 games is not a sample size to make a declaration that scoring was up 15%![\QUOTE]

Spot on. Making that claim is either pure, manipulative BS or straight up incompetence

Has the AFL got its numbers wrong on proposed rule changes?
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-15/afl-rules-changes-may-reduce-scoring-not-increase-it/10247576

The scoring in the 3 game trial actually went down. But you can’t even say that conclusively with such a small and unrepresentative sample.

Fools or snake oil merchants?

Someone needs to start another league. Similar to how the UFC are just an organisation who run mixed martial arts fights. The AFL are just a league. They can change whatever rules they want in their league but at the end of the day they don't own the sport Australian Football. We need a rival ASAP. One sport can slowly merge towards the AFLx dream. The rival league needs to have a constitution that makes it insanely difficult to change the rules.

The game is in trouble and rules need to be changed despite record crowds, record memberships - clearly fans are engaged.

The nrl are shitting themselves at getting 20k to a semi final when we get 90k...

These clowns need to leave the game alone and * right off back into their corporate circle jerk.

All I heard all year was that fans were saying that the game is too congested and is not great "footy viewing". I disagree with that, in my own opinion, because hard-fought tackling and gut running are valued assets in the game, to me.

None of the rules introduced are gauranteed to free up the congestion that these people seem to think is a bad thing, anyway.

I say stick with the tried and true methodology of testing out changes via the pre-season competition. If everybody agrees they should then go to the AFL competition with those specific changes, then so be it.

Where are these supposed fans who think that the game needs to change, anyway?

All I heard all year was that fans were saying that the game is too congested and is not great "footy viewing". I disagree with that, in my own opinion, because hard-fought tackling and gut running are valued assets in the game, to me.

None of the rules introduced are gauranteed to free up the congestion that these people seem to think is a bad thing, anyway.

I say stick with the tried and true methodology of testing out changes via the pre-season competition. If everybody agrees they should then go to the AFL competition with those specific changes, then so be it.

Spot on. Its complete insanity not to have a greater sample size of games for all these changes. Hopefully the Commission tells Hocking and his bs Competition Committee to go and trial things more thoroughly. Absolutely ludicrous. Only the AFL could come up with this sh*t.

And they are now wanting to change the interpretation of 6 different rules as well next year !

FFS. I don't know what I'm watching from one minute to the next with this game.

Someone needs to start another league. Similar to how the UFC are just an organisation who run mixed martial arts fights. The AFL are just a league. They can change whatever rules they want in their league but at the end of the day they don't own the sport Australian Football. We need a rival ASAP. One sport can slowly merge towards the AFLx dream. The rival league needs to have a constitution that makes it insanely difficult to change the rules.
I'm honestly starting to believe in this strategy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This dynamic, football experienced fountain of knowledge is representing us all....

4dd195f48a460b8d4be29f7ea2933dfc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back