Prediction New Senior Coach

Who should be appointed our new coach from 2020 onwards?

• Sam Mitchell

Votes: 42 14.1%
  • Paul Roos

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Brett Ratten

Votes: 31 10.4%
  • Horse Longmire

Votes: 41 13.8%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 108 36.2%
  • Adam Simpson

Votes: 28 9.4%
  • Alistair Clarkson

Votes: 35 11.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto
Scott Burns or Chris Newman would be my preference
Lenny Hayes or Robert Harvey next

and still on the Sando bandwagon if going experienced
Worst case scenario and at any stage contemplating voss then hopefully sando gets the nod! But would like to see nmfc enlist multiple senior assistants to formulate the perfect coaching regime

Ditto
Scott Burns or Chris Newman would be my preference
Lenny Hayes or Robert Harvey next

and still on the Sando bandwagon if going experienced
If we go down the inexperienced route I can't see how we can go past Shaw. Highly rated assistant (as are the names above), has won games and already has the relationships with the players.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we go down the inexperienced route I can't see how we can go past Shaw. Highly rated assistant (as are the names above), has won games and already has the relationships with the players.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Because Burns and Newman are from attacking game plans that have been involved in premierships! Thats why

All I am hearing is that Longmire is number one on our list. Like a few here cannot say I would be too excited. Am I being unreasonable to think he has grossly under achieved with all the advantages he has had at Swannies? I just hope friendships do not cloud the reality of assessing if Horse really is the right bloke for us.

I share your concerns about friendships. Fire in the guts is the non negotiable and I don't sense that with John. Paying truck loads of money won't change that one bit. Malcolm Blight at St Kilda comes readily to mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I share your concerns about friendships. Fire in the guts is the non negotiable and I don't sense that with John. Paying truck loads of money won't change that one bit. Malcolm Blight at St Kilda comes readily to mind.
Blight didn’t want to coach and got an offer too good to refuse. Longmire has been and is a very good coach who is going to be well paid at Sydney if North can’t get him. I wouldn’t have any concerns about his motivation.

Is Horse the priority in order to prevent more father son debacles as his boys come of age? I can’t see any other compelling reason.
Not that he’s a well-credentialed flag-winning coach who has a track record of developing young players and fielding very competitive teams, and as a bonus has a strong background with our club?

So far so good... just a tad defensive IMO! We havent seen his game plan as we are still running Brads regime

No doubting it’s early days.

I’m a little out of my depth in terms of game plans and exact styles etc but from an overall perspective I’m happy with how he’s got the team focused and winning games after the upheaval the players went through etc.

I ‘think’ he may have referenced either in the post match presser or an interview that he’s more defensively minded. He also flagged he’s aware of our attacking capability so perhaps he thinks the balance hasn’t quite been right.

So far so good... just a tad defensive IMO! We havent seen his game plan as we are still running Brads regime

Scored the 4th highest score of all teams last week after putting on the brakes halfway through the last quarter (down a rotation too when MacMillan did his calf) and 3rd highest this week in dewy conditions down a rotation early. If this is defensive than it's a pretty exciting defensive style.

I'm not a fan of Longmire and liking what Shaw's done so far so here's hoping we can keep winning so we can't ignore Rhyce.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back