Prediction New Senior Coach

Who should be appointed our new coach from 2020 onwards?

• Sam Mitchell

Votes: 42 14.1%
  • Paul Roos

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Brett Ratten

Votes: 31 10.4%
  • Horse Longmire

Votes: 41 13.8%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 108 36.2%
  • Adam Simpson

Votes: 28 9.4%
  • Alistair Clarkson

Votes: 35 11.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel the win against Adelaide (who aren’t horrible) was solid enough & from Rounds 6 through 10 (when the train driver was still on board) we played some decent footy at times.
Go back & look at the results. Our overall win/loss margin for those 5 games was +38 all up.
Sure, it could have been better, but I think you’re dismissing all the good footy that was played in patches there.

Rhyce hasn’t come in & singlehandedly turned the club upside down & made everything perfect mate.

Carlton, Gold Coast & St Kilda are train wrecks.

It was a train wreck in that because of it our season crashed.

Essendon great Tim Watson believes there is “no chance” of John Longmire coaching North Melbourne next year.
Longmire, who played 200 games for the Kangaroos, has been touted as a potential replacement for sacked coach Brad Scott.

Although North Melbourne is reportedly targeting him, Watson believes he is unlikely to be at the helm in 2020.
“I would think that he is their number one priority,” the Essendon great told SEN Breakfast.
“But if you’re asking me whether or not he’s going to jump at that, I’m saying he’s got absolutely no chance of coaching North Melbourne next year. He’ll stay in Sydney.”
According to Channel 7’s Tom Browne, North Melbourne could offer Longmire a five-year deal potentially worth $1.2 million per season.
Longmire is contracted at Sydney until the end of 2020.

Essendon great Tim Watson believes there is “no chance” of John Longmire coaching North Melbourne next year.
Longmire, who played 200 games for the Kangaroos, has been touted as a potential replacement for sacked coach Brad Scott.

Although North Melbourne is reportedly targeting him, Watson believes he is unlikely to be at the helm in 2020.
“I would think that he is their number one priority,” the Essendon great told SEN Breakfast.
“But if you’re asking me whether or not he’s going to jump at that, I’m saying he’s got absolutely no chance of coaching North Melbourne next year. He’ll stay in Sydney.”
According to Channel 7’s Tom Browne, North Melbourne could offer Longmire a five-year deal potentially worth $1.2 million per season.
Longmire is contracted at Sydney until the end of 2020.

Tom Browne making s**t up again. We haven't even started our review yet.

Our search for a new coach has well and truly begun.

I can confirm we have put in place a selection panel comprising the CEO and managing director Carl Dilena, former board member and club champion Glenn Archer, current board member Paul Dwyer, GM Football Cameron Joyce and me.

Together we will identify and interview only the very best the industry has to offer, with a view to making an appointment in the coming months.

While the panel is made up of North people, we may look to engage highly respected and experienced industry figures from outside the club for another perspective along the way.

On top of our wish list is a coach who can get the very best out of players and form meaningful relationships with them. They must embrace the past, present and future of our club and be willing to always put the club first.

While there are a lot of facets to being a successful coach in the AFL, the person we select to be the next senior coach of our club will have an exciting opportunity to lead North Melbourne into a new era.

The future at Arden St is bright. Already this season we’ve had three Rising Star nominees, more than any other club, in Bailey Scott, Cam Zurhaar and most recently, Tarryn Thomas. When you add Luke Davies-Uniacke, Jy Simpkin, Nick Larkey, Curtis Taylor, Kyron Hayden, Paul Ahern and Ben McKay, it’s clear to see that our new coach will have plenty to work with and build on.

Our middle-tier is also solid led by Jed Anderson, Trent Dumont, Mason Wood, Taylor Garner, Luke McDonald, Marley Williams and Kayne Turner.

These two groups of players are underpinned by a fantastic list of senior players and leaders with the likes of Jack Ziebell, Robbie Tarrant, Shaun Higgins, Jamie Macmillan, Todd Goldstein, Scott Thompson, Jared Polec, Jasper Pittard, Ben Brown, Ben Cunnington and Shaun Atley giving us tremendous service.

While we didn’t have a great start to the season, we know our list is more than capable of competing with, and beating the best. The performances we’ve seen over the past few weeks have been fantastic and we feel we’ve set a new benchmark and standard.

Rhyce Shaw has done a terrific job turning things around and we now find ourselves knocking on the door of the eight. Rhyce’s connection with the players and style has been exceptional and we thank him for taking the reins.

While the players continue to do us proud and charge back up the ladder, rest assured we will be doing everything in our power to attract and sign the best possible coach to lead them into the future.

Sincerely,

890e39c9-c6c7-4c49-828d-a1641bb5245f.png

Ben Buckley
Chairman - North Melbourne Football Club

Our search for a new coach has well and truly begun.

I can confirm we have put in place a selection panel comprising the CEO and managing director Carl Dilena, former board member and club champion Glenn Archer, current board member Paul Dwyer, GM Football Cameron Joyce and me.

What are an accountant and an insurance broker doing on the coaching selection panel?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Setting aside our CEO which would just be common sense... Then yes I guess Dwyer is an interesting choice.

All they are required to do is come in to the equation when contract matters are addressed, AFTER, the initial vetting of candidates is completed..

Hasn’t completely de-railed yet...

View attachment 692016
Agree never was off track. and even if we where like some believe I dont think a win against a depeted Tigers out fit and a Suns team with 8 or 9 losers in a row would have us back on track. But like I said was never really where off track Saints Blues Demons Suns NOW THATS OFF TRACK.

Almost Carltonesque.
One word to say on this
Boys Club
Wake up everyone Buckley Dilena and the rest of the swill don't give a F***ing rats Ar"e about the supporters at the moment we have no credibility we are treated as the biggest joke in Australian sport.
What do we do about it well we can't do anything as no man or women even if there worth $1 or worth $100 million the set up the Boys Club have set up with a committee put in place will never allow supporters of this once great club to run for the board.
So we are stuck with this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back