Prediction New Senior Coach

Who should be appointed our new coach from 2020 onwards?

• Sam Mitchell

Votes: 42 14.1%
  • Paul Roos

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Brett Ratten

Votes: 31 10.4%
  • Horse Longmire

Votes: 41 13.8%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 108 36.2%
  • Adam Simpson

Votes: 28 9.4%
  • Alistair Clarkson

Votes: 35 11.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I fail to see how he could have done another thing today.

We need to surround him with the best skills coaches in the business now, and get an injection of speed.

I fail to see how he could have done another thing today.

We need to surround him with the best skills coaches in the business now, and get an injection of speed.

It really is the only option ey?, go and buy 2 or 3 gun assistants and develop an actual “game plan” because what we served up tonight had no structure whatsoever

Selection aside, I thought our ability to get the game back on our terms and stop their run ons was as good as we've seen in a while.

We basically had a pretty ordinary team out there and it showed.

Rhyce was fine outside of selection, use of Atley and AMT matchup.

The other thing was they always had numbers out the back at our F50 stoppages, why we didn't attempt to be more proactive with the opportunities was kinda baffling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

L
Very much so, and Higgo.

If Brad coaches that game, we get run all over after half time.

Rhyce has done enough to have my confidence as our coach.

If Brad coaches it’s probably a repeat of Good Friday.

I’m a huge Shaw fan but i feel like this is the result he really had to pinch, the conversation is going to change dramatically if we get clobbered in Brisbane and Perth next 2 weeks.

L

I’m a huge Shaw fan but i feel like this is the result he really had to pinch, the conversation is going to change dramatically if we get clobbered in Brisbane and Perth next 2 weeks.
He only has himself to blame for today.

To day was the day to keep the extra midfielder, not bring in a slow small forward.

As for the McMillan selection, you get what you deserve when you bring in a player that doesn’t meet the physical standard required at this level.

L

GWS and Essendon by under a goal isn't exactly Mark Neeld territory.

He only has himself to blame for today.

To day was the day to keep the extra midfielder, not bring in a slow small forward.

As for the McMillan selection, you get what you deserve when you bring in a player that doesn’t meet the physical standard required at this level.

Hopefully it’s a one and done re McMillan, maybe Shaw just needed to see for himself how ordinary he is. If that was his farewell It makes the loss marginally easier to take.

Hopefully it’s a one and done re McMillan, maybe Shaw just needed to see for himself how ordinary he is. If that was his farewell It makes the loss marginally easier to take.

If this was indeed the reasoning he got picked, I would be staggered (but not totally surprised)

Clearly JMac has some strong supporters on match committee. I find it hard to believe it was just Scott overruling everyone year in year out despite the filth Jamie turned out.

By dropping Durdin, we made Thompson our second tall. Which he isn’t. This forced the fiasco of Pittard on Stringer/Brown etc after Jmac was shown up early.

Is Durdin that much slower and less agile than MacMillan. I’d argue he moves better, can hit a target, compete in the air and stick a tackle.

Where was the hardness we have come to expect under Shaw? We had less ball yet less tackles. You can’t tell me Macmillan, Taylor and Hrovat stooped the entire team from bringing the much needed physicality.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hrovat directly set up 33% of our goals tonight.
Yeah, Rat didn't do lots tonight, but what he did do was really tidy.

It's just too bad he doesn't have a point of difference, like more speed, or a real nuggety Dion Prestia-type game, or the ability to accumulate like Caleb Daniel because he's clearly got the smarts with ball in hand. Just not enough weapons to be a long-term AFL player unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back