Prediction New Senior Coach

Who should be appointed our new coach from 2020 onwards?

• Sam Mitchell

Votes: 42 14.1%
  • Paul Roos

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Brett Ratten

Votes: 31 10.4%
  • Horse Longmire

Votes: 41 13.8%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 108 36.2%
  • Adam Simpson

Votes: 28 9.4%
  • Alistair Clarkson

Votes: 35 11.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I wouldn’t go as far on the John playing career criticism, I do find looking at him and his son makes my skin crawl.
How ANYBODY who has played a significant amount of games for this club, or the son of, who has followed North his whole life, can then turn around and choose that propped up, total antithesis of North, type club just baffles the mind.
Says to me you never got what it was to be a North supporter. How could unot desperately want take North to the promised land.
So yeah, a bit dead to me too.
Does your list include Adam Simpson Peter Bell Brett Allison just to name three .

Does your list include Adam Simpson Peter Bell Brett Allison just to name three .
I think you may have misunderstood. Simmo’s kids, nor Belly’s or Fruity’s have knocked back FS opportunities have they?
I’m really disappointed in Nick Blakey. Disgusted in fact.
Belly I’ll understand, a bit like Choppy, but I’ll still be pissed.
Fruity I’m not exactly sure where u r going with that?

I think you may have misunderstood. Simmo’s kids, nor Belly’s or Fruity’s have knocked back FS opportunities have they?
I’m really disappointed in Nick Blakey. Disgusted in fact.
Belly I’ll understand, a bit like Choppy, but I’ll still be pi**ed.
Fruity I’m not exactly sure where u r going with that?
Would you have written of Scott if Baily had joined the Suns.

Our last two coaches definitely could've benefited from a full time mentor but that's because both of them had temperaments that left a lot to be desired to say the least.

Shaw, on the other hand, is even tempered and that wont change. You just don't see anything like the kind of instantaneous, childish rage the other two had at press conferences etc. It's really refreshing to have a coach who isn't going to embarrass himself.

Just think it'd be a complete waste of money and a case of too many cooks if we got some expensive full time mentor in.

Experienced assistants - yes - but let Shaw be in charge - get him a PA to make sure he's not doing any operational/admin crap. He's the big cheese, actually get him a limo and driver before a mentor. Roos and those guys have had their day.

Our last two coaches definitely could've benefited from a full time mentor but that's because both of them had temperaments that left a lot to be desired to say the least.

Shaw, on the other hand, is even tempered and that wont change. You just don't see anything like the kind of instantaneous, childish rage the other two had at press conferences etc. It's really refreshing to have a coach who isn't going to embarrass himself.

Just think it'd be a complete waste of money and a case of too many cooks if we got some expensive full time mentor in.

Experienced assistants - yes - but let Shaw be in charge - get him a PA to make sure he's not doing any operational/admin crap. He's the big cheese, actually get him a limo and driver before a mentor. Roos and those guys have had their day.
Iam sure his even tempered approach could change with the pressure of being full time coach 3 or 4 losses in a row but hopefully you are right but definetly agree with your later points.

No-one has mentioned Neil Balme yet. Probably entrenched at Richmond, but if you really want someone as a Director of Coaching, who just happens to have been associated with a lot of flags both as a player (thug) and as a Director of coaching, he's the man.

We should throw the kitchen sink at him. (Wouldn't hurt him either with that gut of his, the sink would probably smash into little pieces.)

Get Balmey I say.

I really get the impression with Shaw that he's been on quite a journey.
From being a hothead at Collingwood and being moved on, to reinvigorating himself at the swans.
I get the feeling he did a lot of growing over that period and came out the other end a far better person.
I was impressed by how he got the team to switch gears in the last quarter of last weeks game and really put the screws on the Dons.
I do think with the right support Shaw could be our man and really take this team to the next level.

BigRed

Gave the Sacked podcast a listen.

Grant Thomas thinking around getting the right coach is interesting (he brought in Blight for St Kilda). If there's someone out there who can do the job then bring them in even if you're paying "overs". Trial and error is to difficult to assess - you cannot reliably pin down what went right and what went wrong.

Put me down for a grand if someone sets up a GoFundMe to Get Clarko.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why wasnt Lyons sat on when he was clearly making all the damage? Why do we start off well and struggle to kick goals after? Why are we pushing up too far trying to defend so when we get the ball out it comes straight back in? Those are the questions that need to be ask before making any appointments.

By who? Both of our taggers are out injured, and all of our other inside mids are ball hunters.

Yep, you can only work with what you’ve got. Dumont only real option.

Why do we start off well and struggle to kick goals after?
I think our hardness at the footy is catching sides of guard and it’s taking a while for them to adapt.
Why are we pushing up too far trying to defend so when we get the ball out it comes straight back in?
I think we are defending a hell of a lot better but we haven’t got the players or mids who can work away from congestion with good ball use and speed.

Just my thoughts.

You don't have to be a tagger to play tight on someone just be accountable and man up on him.

But then you lose one of your ball winners, and there's no guarantee a player who has never played as a tagger before is suddenly going to be able to shut someone down. It's a very different type of role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back