Prediction New Senior Coach

Who should be appointed our new coach from 2020 onwards?

• Sam Mitchell

Votes: 42 14.1%
  • Paul Roos

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Brett Ratten

Votes: 31 10.4%
  • Horse Longmire

Votes: 41 13.8%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 108 36.2%
  • Adam Simpson

Votes: 28 9.4%
  • Alistair Clarkson

Votes: 35 11.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
FACT - North Melbourne never offered John Longmire anything. A call was placed to Pickering who w
I'm not a Damo apologist at all, but he's a North man, so I don't see why he'd have a vendetta against us and want to "sabotage" this appointment for us.
Unless he, like other North people, haven't been happy with the "process".

I find it hard to believe, and accept, that Shaw gets the role by default because 1) Longmire, Clarkson or Simpson all declined, and then 2) no one else wanted it.
There was no offer ever put to Longmire. I know this to be a FACT. A call was placed to Pickering but that's it.

There are over 3000 accredited AFL journos. You don't think any of them would know about potential coaches being interviewed and making it public?
Dont stress Rod, if they don’t know, as sure as the sun will rise in the morning they will just make it up..

If he is indeed to be unveiled soon as our new overlord I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the club do so before the masses at the 150th soiree on Saturday night.
How exactly? Announce it on the loudspeaker at Marvel Stadium?

Why Roos are desperate for Scott to find a job

Okay, so the same hack that claimed we were offering Longmire $1.2 million a year:

.............now claims that we are "desperate" to get Scott off the books?

Have I got that right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me, it's not about believing Damo or Caro. It's that we've heard from NO ONE, about ANY ONE (besides Shaw) being interviewed for the role, before it looks like Shaw being announced as the new coach.
And I don't believe for a second that no one out there in media land would not be aware of us interviewing any one else.
Rod, it's round 19. What current assistants and those currently employed would have the time to dedicate themselves to make a presentation for a coaching gig? I'm not being a smartarse, I'm curious as to how this selection plays out whilst the season is going.

If I am interviewing coaches, I would want them to have analysed the list, have an idea of a game style suited to the list and to be able to identify gaps that we may have and what staff to bring. This seems like a difficult process to do during the season proper. That being said, Shaw's process is far more involved than discussions and interviews so I'm not too bothered if we decide on him without interviewing others. Bolton, Richardson, Neeld, McCartney, Leppitsch etc plenty of others all interviewed fantastic. Is an interview the be all and end all? Serious question

Further to that, are clubs comfortable having their highly regarded assistants interview for positions during the home and away? I'm not sure what the clubs positions are on that
On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Scotts gets a job at another club that isn't the top job (ie. Head of Football, Senior Assistant), do we still pay the $800k, or just the difference?

And why am I caring about this? Didn't we know this two months ago?

He should forfeit the $800K for railroading an entire season and bringing membership numbers to a grinding halt.

I'm not a Damo apologist at all, but he's a North man, so I don't see why he'd have a vendetta against us and want to "sabotage" this appointment for us.
Unless he, like other North people, haven't been happy with the "process".

I find it hard to believe, and accept, that Shaw gets the role by default because 1) Longmire, Clarkson or Simpson all declined, and then 2) no one else wanted it.

IMO much more likely that it's not that no one else wanted it, but as Caro has said, other potential applicants already believe North have settled on Shaw so essentially it would be a sham interview and a waste of their time. Plus a possible unnecessary hit to their reputation in terms of applying but being passed on.

FACT - North Melbourne never offered John Longmire anything. A call was placed to Pickering who w

There was no offer ever put to Longmire. I know this to be a FACT. A call was placed to Pickering but that's it.
Who said an offer was put to Longmire??

I said he "declined", as in he decided not pursue the opportunity.

Rod, it's round 19. What current assistants and those currently employed would have the time to dedicate themselves to make a presentation for a coaching gig? I'm not being a smartarse, I'm curious as to how this selection plays out whilst the season is going.
Any of those who would be interested in a senior coaching position. They all have days off, leave, personal time, etc, to prepare for interviews. Just like everyone else in the workforce.
If I am interviewing coaches, I would want them to have analysed the list, have an idea of a game style suited to the list and to be able to identify gaps that we may have and what staff to bring. This seems like a difficult process to do during the season proper.
Yet they just asked Shaw to do exactly that when they interviewed him. So if he could do it, then why couldn't others?
Further to that, are clubs comfortable having their highly regarded assistants interview for positions during the home and away? I'm not sure what the clubs positions are on that
On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Port allowed Voss to interview.
I don't think clubs can block it, restraint of trade and all that. Plus, I think in general, the etiquette is that clubs won't stand in the way of assistants pursuing senior roles.

$800k?
It would be cheaper option offering the contract out to some of our Colombian friends.

No wonder he’s still walking around in the club polo.

It will be interesting to see how his "put North Melbourne first" spiel holds up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back