Prediction New Senior Coach

Who should be appointed our new coach from 2020 onwards?

• Sam Mitchell

Votes: 42 14.1%
  • Paul Roos

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Brett Ratten

Votes: 31 10.4%
  • Horse Longmire

Votes: 41 13.8%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 108 36.2%
  • Adam Simpson

Votes: 28 9.4%
  • Alistair Clarkson

Votes: 35 11.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting to see how his "put North Melbourne first" spiel holds up here.

505736e2-1afd-41e2-bb48-50016c998fc9_text.gif

Jokes aside, it was the boards fu** up. We should really be angry at them..
Brad had a contract in place, rightly or wrongly, and we need to honour it.

Agree. but.. no one but Brad made him come out with the great self-sacrificial "do what's best for the club / if I'm not the best person to take the club forward I'll step away" shtick over the years.

So if this is true he alone can be judged against that sentiment.

The rumours of Patch coming home as an assistant coach may have substance. He has officially quit as Coburg coach.
Maybe losing after leading 51:0 had something to do with it?

I reckon it’s the best $800k the club will ever spend.

"Scott offered to offset his considerable wage payout in 2020 by returning to the club in a coaching mentoring and strategy role. However the club felt his current set-up best allowed him to contribute to those areas."

Before anyone takes it seriously this is a joke yes Brad Scott did some good things at the club

"Scott offered to offset his considerable wage payour in 2020 by returning to the club in a coaching mentoring and strategy role. However the club felt his current set-up best allowed him to contribute to those areas."

Before anyone takes it seriously this is a joke yes Brad Scott did some good things at the club
I always thought Scott would be better suited to the Neil Blame type role.
I think he’s a deep thinker, not a quick one.

I always thought Scott would be better suited to the Neil Blame type role.
I think he’s a deep thinker, not a quick one.

Not sure there's any observable evidence of him moving and shaking things in a Balme like manner to enforce a ruthless winning culture.

But anyway, why are we discussing the new AFL PR officer?

Can shut this down after 12:30PM.

Burns, Caracella and Mitchell will be the Buckley, Horse and Hardwick comparisons to Brad as we go with Rhys.

Good luck Shawry! You have the unequivocal backing and support of the North faithful!!!

Also think this announcement is intended as a boost for Friday night

Agree. but.. no one but Brad made him come out with the great self-sacrificial "do what's best for the club / if I'm not the best person to take the club forward I'll step away" shtick over the years.

So if this is true he alone can be judged against that sentiment.

Especially true if he manages to land a cushy AFL senior executive gig next year and also gets paid out our $800k.

If there's any truth in the AFL executive role, that's a joke. There are plenty of people who are v experienced and v good football administrators who've worked hard. Some have played AFL football, some haven't. You don't just overlook them for a guy who has no administration experience. Freakin nepotism - if you want to work in administration, work your way up.

Can shut this down after 12:30PM.

Burns, Caracella and Mitchell will be the Buckley, Horse and Hardwick comparisons to Brad as we go with Rhys.

Good luck Shawry! You have the unequivocal backing and support of the North faithful!!!

Also think this announcement is intended as a boost for Friday night

Will give you Burns and Caracella should they net senior gigs.

Sam Mitchell doesnt' strike me as a cultural fit and I can live with that box remaining unopened.

Will give you Burns and Caracella should they net senior gigs.

Sam Mitchell doesnt' strike me as a cultural fit and I can live with that box remaining unopened.
I used him as the Buckley of 2009 comparison

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will be interesting to see how his "put North Melbourne first" spiel holds up here.

If he's going to take the 800, should just slyly drop into today's press conference that he was sacked "since the sacking of Brad Scott in May, we've undertaken a thorough and exhaustive process...". Mutual parting of ways my arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back