Prediction New Senior Coach

Who should be appointed our new coach from 2020 onwards?

• Sam Mitchell

Votes: 42 14.1%
  • Paul Roos

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Brett Ratten

Votes: 31 10.4%
  • Horse Longmire

Votes: 41 13.8%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 108 36.2%
  • Adam Simpson

Votes: 28 9.4%
  • Alistair Clarkson

Votes: 35 11.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We dodged the bullet because we were going to pay well over a million dollars for a coach who is just a good coach, not a coaching great, while we may have just accidentally stumbled onto the next Clarkson in our own backyard.
I reckon whoever did the Urquhart >>> Pendlebury thread could start one on this topic.

Shaw >>> Clarkson, or even Shaw === Clarkson.

Because that's typical media line - North has missed out on something again.
I can picture as winning a GF against say Geelong, and the headline in the media being brave Cats finish up with runners up medals after a tough struggle with North.
Or North miss out on opportunity for early draft pick by winning grand final.

This will be news that North fans pretend not to care about but really are distraught inside.
Longmire is a very good coach so yes a lot of our supporters will be disappointed with the news, I am personally not.
I said the club was very confident. They were. He was number one target. I have never been thrilled at the prospect so glad we missed out.

That's rubbish, the club has never made an offer, they sounded out his interest which Pickers used as the "offer" from us. I'm pretty sure the reason we haven't jumped on Shaw yet is that there is no rush as he is contracted but of course some jump to the conclusion we are waiting on Horse. I tell you now if the offer was true, he wouldn't have re-signed with the Swans so quick. Buckley and Archer are the new North mafia soon to be joined by Rawlings.

You better not misrepresent them or you'll get Horse's head in your bed. You know what I mean.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really like the idea of Roos coming as Rhyce's Mentor/ Executive and managing some of his obligations so he can concentrate on what he does best, coach.

A Shaw/Rawlings/Roos Football Department in charge looks appealing.

"If Scott doesn’t secure a senior job for next year, he would have to be paid out for 2020."

Say what?

Contracted for next year. If he gets a gig elsewhere, no need to pay him out.

If he doesn't we'll have to negotiate a settlement, which will have to be included in our Football Dept cap for next year.

I will say this, if we make finals then his appointment should be made official over the pre final bye. I don't care if Vince Lombardi is available

Contracted for next year. If he gets a gig elsewhere, no need to pay him out.

If he doesn't we'll have to negotiate a settlement, which will have to be included in our Football Dept cap for next year.
Can we counter with negligence?

When Scott left Longmire sounded like a good option for me as he is obviously a good coach. However the last month has convinced me that we should give the job to Shaw if the team continues to perform well in coming weeks. I hope we show full confidence in Shaw and don't undermine his authority by bringing in Roos in some back up role

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back