Prediction New Senior Coach

Who should be appointed our new coach from 2020 onwards?

• Sam Mitchell

Votes: 42 14.1%
  • Paul Roos

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Brett Ratten

Votes: 31 10.4%
  • Horse Longmire

Votes: 41 13.8%
  • Adam Kingsley

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 108 36.2%
  • Adam Simpson

Votes: 28 9.4%
  • Alistair Clarkson

Votes: 35 11.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If your source's claim is true that we were very confident it would suggest that Longmire had agreed in principal or had given indication that he would give it strong consideration. If that was the case why did he sign so quick with Swans?

Horse was already in negotiations with the Swans when we enquired and with Pickers grubby hands all over it, we were leveraged. I dont think all the noise surrounding Longmire is a bad thing for us as it is a distraction for Archer's around Australia door knocking tour.

Keep your eyes on the road Rhonda as they say. :moustache:
Sources? You mean 3AW rumourfile?

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
No - if he finds another job then he doesn't get paid 'twice' - that's the arrangement in AFL contracts.

Doing 'the right thing by the club' would be agreeing to forego the final year of his contract full stop irrespective of whether he finds alternative employment in the AFL.

If he seeks payment in full for 2020 because he can't find another gig then he hasn't done anything 'right be the club'.

He could have sought a payout immediately. If he gets another job at the end of the year, he's given up extra money with us and we've saved money too - we're not trading him to another club here.

Why would anyone willingly give up $750k? I sure as hell wouldn't. Expecting anyone to just give up money out of some moral obligation is unrealistic.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He could have sought a payout immediately. If he gets another job at the end of the year, he's given up extra money with us and we've saved money too - we're not trading him to another club here.

Why would anyone willingly give up $750k? I sure as hell wouldn't. Expecting anyone to just give up money out of some moral obligation is unrealistic.
I agree with you - Bard is entitled to every cent we signed him up to - but let's not have this...I will look after the club...nonsense.

If he demands a full pay out he is looking after himself - not the club.

That article says Longmires kids are in their academy

Thank God, I would hate them to be lost to footy like Nick Blakey would have been without the Swans Academy.

In our 150th year as a club, I think it is important we recognise the sacrifices made by the Sydney Swans to grow the game in New South Wales.

I mean, what have WE ever done?

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
Thank God, I would hate them to be lost to footy like Nick Blakey would have been without the Swans Academy.

In our 150th year as a club, I think it is important we recognise the sacrifices made by the Sydney Swans to grow the game in New South Wales.

I mean, what have WE ever done?

We actually damaged the game in the ACT by having Rawlings keep Judd to seven touches.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The rejection by horse now clears the way for shaw to take over. We need to start looking inwards, atm we are still under the impression that the expertise we need have not arrived yet but we are not bothering to look at what's in the cupboard. This is a typical little club syndrome in that it reflects a lack of clear system and faith in our system. You will see this in other industries as well, when an organisation is in the formative stages, it would easily fall prey to lure of experts from outside, we are kind of still in a trance of messianic desiring for deliverance when the real deliverance is to fully trust ourselves. Our desire to target the 'big' players, the big named coaches all reflects the uncertain club mentality where we already have the cattles but Brad Scott didnt have enough confidence to utilize them. Once again, we have been rejected and this is actually wonderful news in that sometimes, the best way forward is when there is no way back. If we somehow landed a Longmire, Clarkson, Simpson then its the mick malthouse at carlton all over again in that we expects the Messiah to deliver but he is a mere mortal with flaws and this merry venture would implode on itself and we would have waste 5 to 10 years.

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
"If Scott doesn’t secure a senior job for next year, he would have to be paid out for 2020."

Say what?
Not so sure about that.

An article that appeared in the week of Brad leaving said that we had agreed to terms (as in paid out a re-negotiated contract), but that if Brad doesn't get a job with an AFL club in 2020, his original wage will have to be accounted for in our soft cap.

BigRedRoo

Club Legend
May 17, 2006
Geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think Shawey need to take us to the finals to get the gig. Tough but doable.
I'd be happy with that as long as they compliment him with a number of highly experienced assistant coaches.

BigRed

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

sbdan

Cancelled
Apr 26, 2005
FNQ
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rooboys
Very big chance this happens
Seems like shaw has been suggesting that this would be a good idea all along. He has publicly stated he has already been picking roos brain.

Roos has been stating in the media that he is not interested in coaching, but is open to a managing/mentoring role. He likes our list.

Shaw and roos are good mates and go way back. Just make it happen.

Brufen

Senior List
May 18, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Should be interviewing Scott Burns, John Barker, Dean Soloman, Caracella, Longmuir and Chris Newman along with Shaw of course

No self respecting, aspiring senior coach is going to go through the interview process knowing that Shaw is a candidate. No need for interviews.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back