General Bombers Talk New song for 2018 - Sticking with the old one anyway - 19/3

Remove this Banner Ad

Because the singers sound different. And the whole concept of changing the song is just stupid.

Ever so slightly. It could have been a lot worse.

Lucky for you there's something to pick on hey?

Nowhere near as bad as I was expecting. Disliked the Richmond and Collingwood ones I heard this afternoon. I feel like this one still sticks to the key bits of the traditional recording, except the banjo is more prominent. I'm fine with this.
putersmash.gif

Meh. I think re-recording it is probably reasonable, perhaps some of the other songs sound like garbage over a loud speaker and needed to be re-recorded anyway (not that that would necessarily fix the problem :rolleyes: )

I can barely pick the difference, it is slightly more twangy perhaps but it's the same song, no new words or different instruments, or god forbid autotune. For me it's a 'who cares' kinda moment :shrug:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m so outraged I refuse to listen to it!!!

Nah not really just can’t be bothered. But I’m interested to know..did they get the lyrics right this time? The ‘other clubs they don’t fear’ bit. The other clubs and supporters do fear. They fear us a lot.

holy crap I was outraged when I read the OP. But, having listened to it, they've done a brilliant job. And by "brilliant job" I mean they've pretty much replicated exactly, so well done. Thank crap for that. Even the harmonies in the singing have been replicated beautifully. My only real criticism is that the little bit at the end of the interval and just leading into the second verse is now horns instead of banjo, but given that they've emphasised and amplified the banjo track through the rest of the song I can happily forgive that, as the horns sound pretty good too.

Thank god they kept the harmonies. And "preeeemiership". That would have ruined my day big time if they'd modernised it too much or some s**t

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back