Toast New sponsor for AFLW & AFL teams - UniSA

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s my understanding Port still has some minor linkages. But they didn’t have anywhere near the level of sponsorship. UniSA will have apparel branding on AFLW and AFL sides.

Welcome aboard SuperTAFE!

People still call it that? Always found it such a ridiculous Adelaide thing. UniSA’s presence and marketing capacity is enormous. They’re just about fully funding the redevelopment of that west end area. Went through there a few months back and it looks great. What they’ve done in (relatively) short period of time is pretty damn impressive. Especially their linkages to medical research and professional sport - Team UniSA Tour Down Under etc.

People still call it that? Always found it such a ridiculous Adelaide thing. UniSA’s presence and marketing capacity is enormous. They’re just about fully funding the redevelopment of that west end area. Went through there a few months back and it looks great. What they’ve done in (relatively) short period of time is pretty damn impressive. Especially their linkages to medical research and professional sport - Team UniSA Tour Down Under etc.
last time I checked Uni's weren't just there to make money.

It’s my understanding Port still has some minor linkages. But they didn’t have anywhere near the level of sponsorship. UniSA will have apparel branding on AFLW and AFL sides.
I'm pretty sure Flinders started sponsoring Port last year sadly (for me), mainly to advertise to China and get some full tuition international students in.

Good ol' UniSA, I spent ten years there as a student and staff member :) Good sponsorship deal.

I'm surprised to hear about their apparent research connection with UniSA, though. It wasn't there a few years back (although I do remember a research connection with Port around a decade ago). They have had research connections with Adelaide and Flinders over the past few years but I'm not sure if they're still ongoing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Universities always bleating about the government cutting funding blah blah. Meanwhile can be a major sponsor of national sporting teams. :rolleyes:
JCU in Cairns is the major sponsor of the only national team in Cairns the Taipans NBL team also. They’re not really doing it tough are they.

Good ol' UniSA, I spent ten years there as a student and staff member :) Good sponsorship deal.

I'm surprised to hear about their apparent research connection with UniSA, though. It wasn't there a few years back (although I do remember a research connection with Port around a decade ago). They have had research connections with Adelaide and Flinders over the past few years but I'm not sure if they're still ongoing.

Definitely still ongoing with Flinders as far as I am aware.

So Universities always bleating about the government cutting funding blah blah. Meanwhile can be a major sponsor of national sporting teams. :rolleyes:
JCU in Cairns is the major sponsor of the only national team in Cairns the Taipans NBL team also. They’re not really doing it tough are they.

Huh?

It's because of reduced funding that Uni's have to look at all options to increase their exposure and get students and funding from non-traditional sources

They're not just doing this for the fun of throwing money away

Huh?

It's because of reduced funding that Uni's have to look at all options to increase their exposure and get students and funding from non-traditional sources

They're not just doing this for the fun of throwing money away

So sponsoring sporting teams is the most efficient and productive method of advertising your wares?
I’m genuinely asking, I’m finding with the fracturing of traditional advertising methods it does seem more difficult to find an effective marketing model now days. Can’t really rely on an ad in the yellow pages anymore. It’s been watered down by too much competition.
I had an ad in True local for 4 month, not one call and I was first on the search.
Good on the Crows though.

I've studied at UniSA and Adelaide, both are good institutions in their own right. UniSA is marketing itself as an outward-looking organisation that partners with business and enterprise to skill up students in the manner employees want. Now I'm sounding like an ad

So sponsoring sporting teams is the most efficient and productive method of advertising your wares?

No worries

Don't honestly know the answer to that question, but certainly sport is a non-traditional area of study for Uni's now so I assume sponsorship is seen as a net benefit

I think it's a matter of different levels of engagement

Advertising - signs on the bus
Marketing - info to school kids
Selling - open days and links with target markets

All of those are about demonstrating how you currently provide value

Sponsorship is partly a branding/advertising/marketing activity but I'm assuming it's going beyond that to joint activities, which is about creating and adding value

A complex situation indeed. Tough to know which lever to pull and when

(Lever...why do I suddenly hate that word..?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back