News New Sponsor - Hungry Jack's

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a lie. We were told after the event that the decision was already made and that the Tex incident had nothing to do with it. But nobody has ever been able to post the announcement dated prior to the Tex thing. Care to be the first? Didn't think so.

No it's not a lie.

I wrote the following back in August (hence applicable date was several months before August):
" There was an article that i read many months ago (not specifically Crows related) - i think it was either in the financial media or technology media from memory - and it discussed Optus' performance and future and amongst it was a reference that they had reviewed their sports sponsorships and were getting out of existing sponsorships at the end of their contractual obligations (several clubs in wide range of sports were mentioned inc AFC to be affected) and that they would concentrate more on (i think they said) womens/girls sport and soccer."

This is a lie. We were told after the event that the decision was already made and that the Tex incident had nothing to do with it. But nobody has ever been able to post the announcement dated prior to the Tex thing. Care to be the first? Didn't think so.

Optus admitted they'd already made the decision when they were pressed. definitely there is an interview with Optus PR on this. Five AA played it. Do you honestly think that the vic centric media who love sinking the boot into the Crows wouldn't still be playing sound bites about how Optus walked out on the Crows because of Tex if they could. The whole thing died pretty quick because Optus admitted it. The only reason it was questioned initially was because Optus postured on the racism scandal when journalists came knocking. Anyways, nothing to see here.

No it's not a lie.

I wrote the following back in August (hence applicable date was several months before August):
" There was an article that i read many months ago (not specifically Crows related) - i think it was either in the financial media or technology media from memory - and it discussed Optus' performance and future and amongst it was a reference that they had reviewed their sports sponsorships and were getting out of existing sponsorships at the end of their contractual obligations (several clubs in wide range of sports were mentioned inc AFC to be affected) and that they would concentrate more on (i think they said) womens/girls sport and soccer."

Yeah, there was definitely interviews with optus pr on this after the even also that admitted decisions had already been made.

No it's not a lie.

Where's the article? Your recollection has no value in a discussion surrounding stating as fact that it had been announced prior to the incident.

Optus admitted they'd already made the decision when they were pressed. definitely there is an interview with Optus PR on this. Five AA played it. Do you honestly think that the vic centric media who love sinking the boot into the Crows wouldn't still be playing sound bites about how Optus walked out on the Crows because of Tex if they could. The whole thing died pretty quick because Optus admitted it. The only reason it was questioned initially was because Optus postured on the racism scandal when journalists came knocking. Anyways, nothing to see here.

You're conflating 2 things. Firstly, I never said that I doubt that the decision had already been made, I couldn't care less either way. If a sponsor walked over that, * them, they'd go on the s**t list. But having made the decision prior doesn't mean it had actually been announced. Nobody outside of the footy club knew about it. It was brand new news in the Tex thread, had it actually been announced prior, we'd have had a thread it already. It went from having been decided to 'announced' in one post by an old Trigg sycophant and never backed up.

Now, again, I'm not at all suggesting it's not true, just that it hadn't ever actually been announced. And there's not a shred of evidence suggesting it had.

As a kid in the early 70s, I lived in Forestville. Hungry Jacks opened up at the end of our street on the corner of Anzac Highway, next to Le Cornu carpets. Was that the first one? I was pretty excited about it and the whopper did seem huge. I remember my mum putting it on a dinner plate and there was not a lot of room around the edges.
From memory, yes it was the first and was built basically over the top of Burger King. I remember it well and still stop in for a junk food hit occasionally. Also lived nearby in the early days. 👍🏻

The bloody news article on the crows app was clickbait.
I opened it thinking, wait, did the Eagles cut Yeo in the end (Port fans were going on about getting him in trade period) and we just got him as a Delisted Free Agent?

Open it, kinda dissapointed tbh.

I think of a Karen as someone who makes a problem where there isn't one - who has a strong and vocal position about something that really doesn't influence them directly at all. There's a bit of a first-world-problem nature to it too.

Like someone who complains about a sponsor of football club being an unhealthy food choice.

I'm not sure why you have taken it being pointed at you - I was talking about the original post by feenix where he said "I don't want to be a karen about this".

Reminded me of the Talladega Nights quote - "with all due respect".

No biggy.
Yeah, the fact I made one benign post about it... meanwhile your post count regarding my one post has certainly reached Karen status 😜

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nek minnet

I believe it was more about diverting sponsorship money. They got the rights to broadcast the Womens World Cup in soccer and wanted to move their sponsorship money into that since they're broadcasting the games now.

Free Whoppers for home game goals from outside 50. This must be why we moved Lynch on last year. Smith and Seedsman must now be our half forward flanks with Tex as CHF. We have no choice but to rebuild our entire structure to get more Whoppers to the people.
Is the free whoppers for members or everybody?

You're conflating 2 things. Firstly, I never said that I doubt that the decision had already been made, I couldn't care less either way. If a sponsor walked over that, fu** them, they'd go on the sh*t list. But having made the decision prior doesn't mean it had actually been announced. Nobody outside of the footy club knew about it. It was brand new news in the Tex thread, had it actually been announced prior, we'd have had a thread it already. It went from having been decided to 'announced' in one post by an old Trigg sycophant and never backed up.

Now, again, I'm not at all suggesting it's not true, just that it hadn't ever actually been announced. And there's not a shred of evidence suggesting it had.
Oh now I get you. Yeah, that's what annoyed the club. That optus chose to hide behind the Tex thing initially to hint at their departure. Was a crap move by a sponsor.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I loved this headline in the 'tiser today. Sorry if anyone else has put it up

WE FRY AS ONE
MATT TURNER
ADELAIDE fans will be hungry for long-range goals at home games next season. Whenever Crows players kick majors from beyond 50m in 2022, fans at the match will receive a free Whopper. The initiative is part of Adelaide’s new sponsorship deal with Hungry Jack’s, which has become a principal partner of the club. Crows coach Matthew Nicks was at the fast-food company’s Fulham store on Thursday as the four-year deal was announced. “We’re working on kicking goals from outside 50,” Nicks said. “Brodie (Smith) does that every week … and I know Paul Seedsman is pretty keen for you to talk about him as well. “I think it will be a good one (concept) to look forward to on game day.” Hungry Jack’s, which replaces Optus, will have its logo on the back of all the club’s AFL guernseys. Crows chief executive Tim Silvers said getting a new principal partner so quickly was a feather in the club’s cap. “We’re excited, we think we’ve got some really shared values and they’ve got some innovation, they’re continuing to grow and we think our brands really align,” he said. Hungry Jack’s is already involved in the AFL, sponsoring West Coast. Founder, Jack Cowin, said it had been a lucky charm for the Eagles, who last won a premiership in 2018, and he hoped that would now spread to the Crows. Hungry Jack’s opened its first SA store on Anzac Highway in 1972 1637297130625.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back