News New Sponsor PwC

ROBBBO

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers
So frustrating that I can't read this and am surprised nobody has posted it yet as my missus spotted this last night.

Can anyone enlighten us further ?
20190727_080404.jpg

Port Adelaide Football Club has announced a landmark sponsorship agreement with PwC.

The two organisations entered into a significant long-term sponsorship, announced at Adelaide Oval this morning. The agreement makes PwC one of Port Adelaide’s most significant sponsors, and ties the two organisations together for an extended period.

“Port Adelaide Football Club is proud to be sponsored by this significant global brand,” said Port Adelaide Chairman David Koch.

ROBBBO

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers
Port Adelaide Football Club has announced a landmark sponsorship agreement with PwC.

The two organisations entered into a significant long-term sponsorship, announced at Adelaide Oval this morning. The agreement makes PwC one of Port Adelaide’s most significant sponsors, and ties the two organisations together for an extended period.

“Port Adelaide Football Club is proud to be sponsored by this significant global brand,” said Port Adelaide Chairman David Koch.

Ah it's on the website now - wasn't last night when I checked.
Good news

Former federal Member for Mayo Jamie Briggs is a managing partner of PwC, so there is likely a China connection there.

Briggs is quoted in the article as saying

“PwC and the Port Adelaide Football Club are philosophically aligned - both are innovative businesses, driving commercial activity in key growth markets, such as China.”

Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks

That significant that no one has heard of them except David. I think PwC is Price Waterhouse Cooper who are accountants and would be well known in the financial and banking world in which David Koch operates. You have to wonder what Mr waterhouse did that his name does not warrant an upper case letter.

Great news none the less.

From PwC website

PwC Australia delivers quality in audit, assurance, consulting and tax services to more than 5,000 clients.

We’re part of a network of firms in 158 countries with over 250,000 people. PwC is one of the top 50 brands worldwide and PwC Australia is ranked first on LinkedIn’s Top Companies list of where Australians want to work. We are bold about our commitment to diversity and inclusion, and we empower flexible working.

Rexie J

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2012
YP
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Putting aside grumblings about faults genuine or perceived within the management of the PAFC, congratulations are well deserved in obtaining the sponsorship of PwC.

It's reasonable to believe this alliance may bring about greater opportunities in China and maybe, just maybe, there is a maturing of the strategy and focus within the PAFC.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Putting aside grumblings about faults genuine or perceived within the management of the PAFC, congratulations are well deserved in obtaining the sponsorship of PwC. It's reasonable to believe this alliance may bring about greater opportunities in China and maybe, just maybe, there is a maturing of the strategy and focus within the PAFC.
Yes we are massively down on our club but this should be applauded and celebrated.

Let's give the Hinkley segues a rest here.

This is massive news. This is an international company with over $40 billion a year revenue.

They sponsor national football teams and leagues. They could probably sponsor the entire AFL. They chose to sponsor Port Adelaide.

A huge coup and congratulations to all concerned.

Sep 26, 2012
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Let's give the Hinkley segues a rest here.

This is massive news. This is an international company with over $40 billion a year revenue.

They sponsor national football teams and leagues. They could probably sponsor the entire AFL. They chose to sponsor Port Adelaide.

A huge coup and congratulations to all concerned.
Agreed, it is fantastic news.

That significant that no one has heard of them except David. I think PwC is Price Waterhouse Cooper who are accountants and would be well known in the financial and banking world in which David Koch operates. You have to wonder what Mr waterhouse did that his name does not warrant an upper case letter.
Its to signify its a merger of two firms, Price Waterhouse and Coopers something.

This is a good get, potentially, but likely more for getting us in the room for other projects. (eg. one of the PwC services is advising rich *ers on philanthropy)

Make no mistake, this is a coup.

It is only one year to test the waters but I could see this partnership having a huge impact on the club's China strategy.

I'd be interested in hearing Lockhart Road's thoughts on this.

Great news none the less.

Are you seriously saying you've never heard of PwC?

It is only one year to test the waters but I could see this partnership having a huge impact on the club's China strategy.
???
is it one year or long term?

Back