Opinion Sponsorship Discussion

KT was at the Shanghai Masters.

Roger Federer to sponsor Port.
Maybe Roger sets us up with one of his sponsors, * he has plenty of them - think he gets $60m US from his endorsements. Rolex would be an interesting one. I must have been asked a dozen times in Shanghai if I wanted to buy a Rolex. They obviously thought it was a good fit with Port supporters. :p

Craig Tiley CEO of Tennis Oz was the key note speaker at the AustCham Shanghai sports summit on Monday and they were probably the biggest player of all the Oz sports pitching at the Chinese at the summit. Tennis Oz are on a roll financially as this story in Tuesday's Fin Review shows re their involvement in the summit and they are on a good wicket with Rolex.

http://www.afr.com/business/sport/how-tennis-has-become-one-of-australias-richest-sports-20171012-gyzcz3
.....A new broadcast deal with CCTV in China will be announced in Shanghai on Monday, and more big sponsorship deals are imminent after a deal to extend the contract with Rolex for $100 million over 10 years was clinched in May. Tennis Australia has commercial offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai and Brussels and plans to open more in Japan, North America and London......
http://www.afr.com/business/sport/how-tennis-has-become-one-of-australias-richest-sports-20171012-gyzcz3

Last edited:

diache

Debutant
May 30, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don’t care who our sponsor is as long as it’s aesthetically pleasing. Renault was okay after they removed the puss yellow square from it, yet oak still annoys me. Our run with sponsors after our slide in performance has been... s**t.

I don’t care who our sponsor is as long as it’s aesthetically pleasing. Renault was okay after they removed the puss yellow square from it, yet oak still annoys me. Our run with sponsors after our slide in performance has been... s**t.
Because you don't like the colour of Oak our run with sponsors is considered s**t? If it means more money, then the uglier the better.

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Because you don't like the colour of Oak or run with sponsors is considered s**t? If it means more money, then the uglier the better.

As a bit of a guernsey nerd I do like seeing well integrated logos but the primary function of a sponsor is to provide financial support to the club. If they're paying the big bucks then it doesn't matter how aesthetically pleasing their logo is or isn't.

diache

Debutant
May 30, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Because you don't like the colour of Oak our run with sponsors is considered s**t? If it means more money, then the uglier the better.

I was just talking about aesthetics. Financially, it’s been mediocre at best as well (excluding our current sponsors). Look at 2012, our co-major sponsor was a charity.

I was just talking about aesthetics. Financially, it’s been mediocre at best as well (excluding our current sponsors). Look at 2012, our co-major sponsor was a charity.
Ah by s**t you mean post 2009 when Vodafone left and not post 2014 when we have finished 9th, 10th and 7th.

Soaring securities lol. The CEO, Athan Lekkas has since gone on to supremely oversee the collapse of more companies you can imagine. Comes on board, lists them publicly, holds several capital raises while robbing share holders of millions before the company collapses and he moves on.

Career parasite. Latest victim is XPED (ASX:XPE) where he was CEO and saw the company go from 10.1 cents per share 1.5 years ago when he came on board, to 0.007c per share as of today. Is now exitting the company having taken 2 years of salary at 550k a year + millions in gifted shares to directors.

Was seen buying a new porche a few months ago as shareholders lost millions.

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Maybe Roger sets us up with one of his sponsors, **** he has plenty of them - think he gets $60m US from his endorsements. Rolex would be an interesting one. I must have been asked a dozen times in Shanghai if I wanted to buy a Rolex. They obviously thought it was a good fit with Port supporters. :p

Craig Tiley CEO of Tennis Oz was the key note speaker at the AustCham Shanghai sports summit on Monday and they were probably the biggest player of all the Oz sports pitching at the Chinese at the summit. Tennis Oz are on a roll financially as this story in Tuesday's Fin Review shows re their involvement in the summit and they are on a good wicket with Rolex.

.....A new broadcast deal with CCTV in China will be announced in Shanghai on Monday, and more big sponsorship deals are imminent after a deal to extend the contract with Rolex for $100 million over 10 years was clinched in May. Tennis Australia has commercial offices in Hong Kong, Shanghai and Brussels and plans to open more in Japan, North America and London......

I think you'll find the watches they were selling near Yuyuan Garden were genuine Rollex. ;)

FPPF

Premiership Player
May 9, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Soaring securities lol. The CEO, Athan Lekkas has since gone on to supremely oversee the collapse of more companies you can imagine. Comes on board, lists them publicly, holds several capital raises while robbing share holders of millions before the company collapses and he moves on.

Career parasite. Latest victim is XPED (ASX:XPE) where he was CEO and saw the company go from 10.1 cents per share 1.5 years ago when he came on board, to 0.007c per share as of today. Is now exitting the company having taken 2 years of salary at 550k a year + millions in gifted shares to directors.

Had dealings with him? Seems like you’re carrying a grudge lol

Had dealings with him? Seems like you’re carrying a grudge lol

Can't possibly understand why anyone would dislike the guy.

For the record, not directly. I sold out of XPED in the green the minute he was bought in. I was lucky as I knew what was to come, many others weren't.

a shame

his dad was a great man

scotty13

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Tracy Vilage Razorbacks
National Tourism Administration of The People's Republic of China will be the new sponsor... Hopefully the branding on the jumper is shortened to China, otherwise we may need to have a players with a build like this guy to fit the sponsor on the jumper.
upload_2017-10-20_10-19-53.png

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Club said it would announce a new sponsor in November. As RussellEbertHandball pointed out above, the existing sponsorship deal runs until 31 October. Third week of October and people are panicking that the club hasn't announced a new sponsor yet. o_O

yep.

just chill until November - which, if my maths is correct, is only just over another two weeks away :cool:

Back