Opinion Sponsorship Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Putting it that way makes more sense. Quite stupid in my opinion as F1 followers are in decline & now free to air coverage is limited. Renault itself isn’t doing too well either. They were better off sponsoring Port ;)
That's the sort of thing Oz management said to the guys in Paris. They held them off once, but couldn't a second time.

That's the sort of thing Oz management said to the guys in Paris. They held them off once, but couldn't a second time.

When you have reliability issues with your engines that are well publicised to the point where a team that used to run your units and be happy to advertise that fact because they won both the driver’s and constructor’s championship with them now names them after a watch company, you’ve got two options. You can either admit that owning your own F1 team was a stupid move and you should go back to just being an innovation partner and concentrate on what you are good at, which is developing tech instead of running a team...or you go all in.

Renault decided to go all in, which meant they needed everyone to use their involvement in F1 as the main selling point. If the proposed restrictions to engine technology are ratified, and everyone has a level playing field, I can understand why. But if it stays the same...

They’re no Ferrari or Mercedes.

I have a good friend in Sydney who, whenever he was in Adelaide, could not believe the amount of Graham Cornes (Graham Corn as he knew him as) advertising and branding that was littered throughout the local media. He was on the radio, the TV, his car yards and car yard ads were Omni-present. Graham Cornes was Adelaide's Mr Everywhere.
One time in the late-80's we were driving down ANZAC Hwy past Le Cornu and my friend pipes up with "Jesus! What the hell is that? Graham Corn's French Furniture factory?!".

When you have reliability issues with your engines that are well publicised to the point where a team that used to run your units and be happy to advertise that fact because they won both the driver’s and constructor’s championship with them now names them after a watch company, you’ve got two options. You can either admit that owning your own F1 team was a stupid move and you should go back to just being an innovation partner and concentrate on what you are good at, which is developing tech instead of running a team...or you go all in.

Renault decided to go all in, which meant they needed everyone to use their involvement in F1 as the main selling point. If the proposed restrictions to engine technology are ratified, and everyone has a level playing field, I can understand why. But if it stays the same...

They’re no Ferrari or Mercedes.

Um why is Renault owning a F1 team a bad idea? Even if restrictions don't come in, engine specifications will change and Renault has a history of getting it right. I don't buy the all in to F1 excuse for dropping us, I Just think Renault Australia is so s**t it can't afford it or justify it anymore to the board. No amount of sponsorship can bring enough customers over the line to purchase a vehicle from them because their entire business model in AU for retail vehicles is crap in such a loaded market.

Four 'n Twenty aren't leaving us for Ben Simmon's and Philadelphia. They are coming to Shanghai and Xian.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...i/news-story/af294fb30e52390b644bc2ed3abe2e6c
The Port Adelaide Football Club has taken one Australian icon to China with AFL football in Shanghai and is now working on the second with pies. Four ‘N Twenty is moving its sponsorship dollar from national exposure on Port Adelaide’s game-day shorts to international opportunity in China.

The Australian baker is hitching its ambitions overseas with professional basketball in the US with the Philadelphia 76ers – on the back of Australian point guard Ben Simmons’ presence in the American NBA market – and following the Power into China. Australian meat pies are on sale for the first time in an American sports venue with the Four ‘N Twenty deal at Philadelphia. And the striking absence of meat pies at the AFL game in Shanghai this year will be corrected with Four ‘N Twenty taking its produce to the Port Adelaide-Gold Coast game next season....

But the major emphasis from Four ‘N Twenty is a two-year sponsorship deal to bankroll Port Adelaide’s “Power Footy” program in Chinese schools. Currently in 15 schools in Shanghai, the Australian football development program is to be in 50 schools – and involve 100,0000 Chinese students – by the end of next year.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...i/news-story/af294fb30e52390b644bc2ed3abe2e6c

Last edited:
Four 'n Twenty aren't leaving us for Ben Simmon's and Phiadelphia. They are coming to Shanghai and Xian.

The Port Adelaide Football Club has taken one Australian icon to China with AFL football in Shanghai and is now working on the second with pies. Four ‘N Twenty is moving its sponsorship dollar from national exposure on Port Adelaide’s game-day shorts to international opportunity in China.

The Australian baker is hitching its ambitions overseas with professional basketball in the US with the Philadelphia 76ers – on the back of Australian point guard Ben Simmons’ presence in the American NBA market – and following the Power into China. Australian meat pies are on sale for the first time in an American sports venue with the Four ‘N Twenty deal at Philadelphia. And the striking absence of meat pies at the AFL game in Shanghai this year will be corrected with Four ‘N Twenty taking its produce to the Port Adelaide-Gold Coast game next season....

But the major emphasis from Four ‘N Twenty is a two-year sponsorship deal to bankroll Port Adelaide’s “Power Footy” program in Chinese schools. Currently in 15 schools in Shanghai, the Australian football development program is to be in 50 schools – and involve 100,0000 Chinese students – by the end of next year.

but the crows board told me that they left the club out of embarrassment and dont want to be associated with port?

but the crows board told me that they left the club out of embarrassment and dont want to be associated with port?
Don't tell me what those drongos think. Go tell them the truth.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Four 'n Twenty aren't leaving us for Ben Simmon's and Philadelphia. They are coming to Shanghai and Xian.

Maybe we should start right at the beginning of the food chain and get an Aussie baby formula brand on board too.

Maybe we should start right at the beginning of the food chain and get an Aussie baby formula brand on board too.
Is that an opportunity to remind people Bellamy's are on board despite their internal management issue? and have been for a year or so.

So who are our major sponsors?

Just Oak?

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...i/news-story/af294fb30e52390b644bc2ed3abe2e6c
Port Adelaide chief executive Keith Thomas recently commented on the search for a new major backer telling members: “We are working busily to replace Renault .... These are big partnerships and the pool of suitable candidates is invariably relatively small, but we are in several active conversations. Hopefully, we will have (an announcement) before the start of the JLT pre-season series (in February).”

WTF were you in the Port store? You really haven't come to terms with your life decisions have you buddy?
My mates son loves Port and it was his birthday party last weekend. I got his present there.

I would rather buy it from your club and see them have my money than Rebel Sport etc.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Oak is on the back and front of the 2018 jumpers I saw when at the Port Store last week.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We already know this. It's no different to late 2012/early 2013 when VIP was front and back or late 2014 when Renault was on both sides. We still started the premiership season with two full time major sponsors.

Doesn't stop the Crows board from jacking themselves over the thought of us having only Oak though.

We already know this. It's no different to late 2012/early 2013 when VIP was front and back or late 2014 when Renault was on both sides. We still started the premiership season with two full time major sponsors.

Doesn't stop the Crows board from jacking themselves over the thought of us having only Oak though.
“Only OAK”. That’s cute from them, even if untrue.

So, only a product of a multinational with a $9-odd billion AUD market cap, as opposed to the Association of South Australian Toyota Dealers.

It’s like we’ve got the global milk company and they’ve got the corner store who sells the milk along with frog cakes and fritz.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back