(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheExtractorFactor

Club Legend
Nov 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Knicks // NY Giants
Excellent! Seems like the huge amount of listener feedback and calls after they announced the show was ending has given them a 2nd chance.
They felt bad because he has cancer, not that I blame them. If there was a huge amount of support for the show it wouldn't have had such bad ratings in the first place.

imadodgyumpire

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton
**** I like the WOW button! :D

Anyway, I'm not really in the know with this. I remember last week the presenters were claiming up to 250,000 people were listening to the station. Even if it's peak period, it sounds like a reasonable amount to me.

What's the go?

AM

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2006
Here there and everywhere
AFL Club
Geelong
Wow! How surprising to get such a reaction from you.:rolleyes:

"Macquarie Sports Radio will be shut down its sports talk shows across the network, with redundancies expected, ending a venture that was launched 18 months but failed to attract the required audience and advertising."

*AFR

Redline

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
As I have mentioned before we don't know what limitations Nine have on the three old Macquarie stations.

If it is true that they have a no compete clause in Sydney with 2CH then that rules out switching to Music only. The one thing they also won't want is to take any listeners away from their main stations like 3AW, 2GB and 4BC which are very successful.

I think they might end up with a mixture of sport, lifestyle and a big crossover with Channel 9 shows. They could still have a sports drive show and talk sport overnight. Perhaps a Nine news hour like Fivaa does in Adelaide

Either way I hope they don't switch to music. It's cheap for the owners but doesn't really employ people in the industry

Kwality

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 14, 2011
Tootgarook
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Renault F1
New chief for 9s radio assets, currently 9s Chief of Sport, Tom Malone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Hutchy said on his podcast with Barrett yesterday that the reports of the station's demise were mostly bullshit, put out by the opponents of Macquarie and Ch 9. He reckons the station was never gunna be canned.

Kwality

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 14, 2011
Tootgarook
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Renault F1

_Rake_

All Australian
Oct 16, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
I tried this station a few times. Not enough to give a measured opinion, but what I heard was really uninteresting IMO.

SEN has gone down hill rapidly, and whilst I still have hope it can/will return or evolve into a decent sports station, I'm not holding my breath. Adding to the issue is that one of it's rivals has failed, it's not as healthy for competion sadly.

Kwality

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 14, 2011
Tootgarook
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Renault F1
Corrrect, unfortunately we have this quirk in Australia’s two biggest cities sporting wise and that’s why such a station can’t work and clearly hasn’t. Would be best to just concentrate on there own sporting stations locally.
Yep most so called sports fans have a very narrow focus & wear it as a badge of honour.

raymond35

All Australian
Jan 5, 2004
gold coast
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood vfl
I'm still hearing Macquarie sports radio here in Queensland. Was listening to Ox in the car yesterday. I thought it was supposed to be ending.
What's going on?

Kwality

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 14, 2011
Tootgarook
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Renault F1
....the ‘evolution’ of the sound of 3AW and 1278.

Top Bottom