New sports radio station arriving to rival SEN

Remove this Banner Ad

I turned over to station for a couple of minutes whist driving late last night. Normally listening to SEN or music but when I turned over pommy caller talking about some striker in soccer at some english club and then it turns out host was pommy too and realised all they doing is having some feed from England for some soccer/sports show over there. I just laughed and turned off. It is not even local radio.

It’s very similar to the early days of SEN and EON Sport, with Talksport on overnight and EPL on weekends. I wonder if Staffi is working at Macquarie Sports Radio now?

Dunno about that. World sport overnight with Schebecci was taking talkback round the clock along with other stuff in 2005. When the station start, 2004? LOL, Hutchy is going kill this station with fire!

Dunno about that. World sport overnight with Schebecci was taking talkback round the clock along with other stuff in 2005. When the station start, 2004? LOL, Hutchy is going kill this station with fire!

January 19 2014 is when it started from memory, the same date David Hookes died.

Talksport was on overnights back in 2004 and then World Sport Overight replaced it.

When they announced the new SEN line up I knew I couldn't listen, Lyon in the mornings and Bartlett in the afternoons...two people I cannot stand to listen to.

This offering with MSR is nothing to write home about but at least being owned and operated by an established media company means it is produced professionally. It's good innoffensive background noise, much better than the baiting KB can't help but get caught up in.

This younger bloke on in the mornings is absolutely horrendous. Terrible opinions presented with the strength of a thousand bulls. Lasted 20 minutes, annoying

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to have another sports station and offering. I loved KB in the mornings but I just haven't come around to the afternoon spot to this point. I don't think the chemistry is as good as Hutchy thinks it is and there's only so much bantering they can do before it gets tiresome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back