Sounded like they arrived by helicopter in the first 2 minutes of the show

Greg venom Denham and Schibecci on after 6pm

All the regular Sen callers

Matty from Rowville

Tom from Roville

Jason from Boronia

Dom from Burwood

What? Surely not.

The most talentless hack ever to dribble on radio. Sounded like a p***** bloke in the corner of the pub ranting and shouting at the wall.

I must say the first 2 minutes were the best work I have heard Mark Fine do.

Rubbish show, turned off after he second caller asked “what’s being going on?”

Good chat boys. Can’t imagine why SEN got rid of them

I must say the first 2 minutes were the best work I have heard Mark Fine do.

Rubbish show, turned off after he second caller asked “what’s being going on?”

Good chat boys. Can’t imagine why SEN got rid of them
Mark Fine wasn't on

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
It is hard to see this programming being viable long term but a few comments.

A lot of the on and off air staff came from within Macquarie radio. All these people have to be paid but for example Morrow, Leonard, Cherry and McInness were already employed in other parts of the business. In some cases they may be getting better value for money from the resources from the bigger talk stations without a huge extra cost.

People like Webster, Stanley and King were on talking lifestyle and perhaps had contracts that were hard to break.

It is cheaper to network the three stations together as much as possible but we don't know if there was a no compete clause when they sold 2CH which then effects what they can do with the Brisbane and Melbourne stations. It could be they cant switch to a much cheaper music format in Sydney for a few years so are filling in time until that day comes and all three switch to a music format.

3AW and 2GB ratings are critical for Macquarie, they won't want listeners to swap to Macquarie Sport.

While not cheap the format is low risk. They have no direct competion with this format in Sydney and Brisbane and would be running a lot less cheaper operation than SEN in Melbourne.

It is hard to know exactly what they want from these stations, maybe breaking even and not impacting 3AW and 2GB is enough for a few years.

The Thug

All Australian
Apr 14, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It is hard to see this programming being viable long term but a few comments.

A lot of the on and off air staff came from within Macquarie radio. All these people have to be paid but for example Morrow, Leonard, Cherry and McInness were already employed in other parts of the business. In some cases they may be getting better value for money from the resources from the bigger talk stations without a huge extra cost.

People like Webster, Stanley and King were on talking lifestyle and perhaps had contracts that were hard to break.

It is cheaper to network the three stations together as much as possible but we don't know if there was a no compete clause when they sold 2CH which then effects what they can do with the Brisbane and Melbourne stations. It could be they cant switch to a much cheaper music format in Sydney for a few years so are filling in time until that day comes and all three switch to a music format.

3AW and 2GB ratings are critical for Macquarie, they won't want listeners to swap to Macquarie Sport.

While not cheap the format is low risk. They have no direct competion with this format in Sydney and Brisbane and would be running a lot less cheaper operation than SEN in Melbourne.

It is hard to know exactly what they want from these stations, maybe breaking even and not impacting 3AW and 2GB is enough for a few years.

It appears that the new station will not compete against stable mates 3AW and 2GB.
Storm games will be broadcast in Melbourne (NRL Nation feed) but no live NRL in Sydney and Brisbane
Similarly, Lions and Suns games will be broadcast in Brisbane, Swans games in Sydney (AFL Nation feed) but no live AFL in Melbourne.

wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
Greg venom Denham and Schibecci on after 6pm

Denham finding work at another station shows that once you begin in the footy media it's impossible not to find employment somewhere.

Didn't realise Schibecci left SEN after seeing this post; helps explain why the Richmond podcast hasn't restarted this year.

wagstaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2001
The Sea of Holes
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars, Arsenal
Flicked onto SEN this morning but hearing Danny Frawley's tedious drivel made me switch to this and from what I heard it wasn't bad.

Tony Leonard I think will be a pretty good host (underrated footy radio caller as well) and depending on who he's partnered with, might be preferable to SEN's breakfast lineup.

Flicked onto SEN this morning but hearing Danny Frawley's tedious drivel made me switch to this and from what I heard it wasn't bad.

Tony Leonard I think will be a pretty good host (underrated footy radio caller as well) and depending on who he's partnered with, might be preferable to SEN's breakfast lineup.

everything is preferable to SEN's breakfast - just horrible

Harford is easily the best morning show imo

Sep 27, 2012
Hawks heartland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
The station is far to Sydney centic, way to much Rugby League talk for my liking.

Same. The combo of Andy Maher and Boomer Harvey had me reaching for the dial but all I heard was rugby so the radio is off now. Also after only listening for a few days Meike Buchan is getting on my nerves already.

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Sounds like Ox and Marko are trying to throw a bit more of the Rugby codes in. Think you will find theh will talk a lot of Storm and nothern states AFL clubs in the hope it will appeal to listeners in both areas.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

How bad is Frawley?

Just can’t listen to him.

Never talks in logical progression, horrible voice, poor articulation.
And they’re his good points.

Ps has he mentioned some story again involving him or St Kilda?

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
Struggling station launch when Tony Leonard and Tony Shaw anchor men for breakfast show. Bartel is not enough to save this thing. Was driving around 9 am yesterday and heard start of some show with guy David Morrow and Tiff Cherry. Heard about 3 minutes of it and nothing I would bother with. Never heard Tiff but apparently one in Melbourne , one in Sydney. This station got no idea. Out of touch.

Bingle_21

Team Captain
Mar 30, 2006
Tittybong
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Same experience for me. Not huge Ox and Marco fans but have listened to them last couple of days also as the KB/Turf 'Grumpy old men' shtick is old already.

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Sounds like Ox and Marko are trying to throw a bit more of the Rugby codes in. Think you will find theh will talk a lot of Storm and nothern states AFL clubs in the hope it will appeal to listeners in both areas.
Sounds like?
They talked more damn NRL talk than the whole of their last year on SEN combined.
Might appeal to those up north, but nothing will get the Melbourne listeners switching stations quicker.
I was laughing to myself listening to them go on and on about the storm, then talked to Ray Hadley about some s**t to do with the Bronco's!!
LoL, they really dont give a s**t about NRL generally those two bar the Storm, but have very obviously been told to ramp the rugby talk right up.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Struggling station launch when Tony Leonard and Tony Shaw anchor men for breakfast show. Bartel is not enough to save this thing. Was driving around 9 am yesterday and heard start of some show with guy David Morrow and Tiff Cherry. Heard about 3 minutes of it and nothing I would bother with. Never heard Tiff but apparently one in Melbourne , one in Sydney. This station got no idea. Out of touch.

As I said above it is hard to judge because we don't know why they are doing it.

If it is to fill in time before the Sydney station is permitted to switch to Music (with Brisbane and Melbourne following) then they probably don't care to much. Do it as cheap as possible while trying to advertise enough to cover costs.

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Sounds like?
They talked more damn NRL talk than the whole of their last year on SEN combined.
Might appeal to those up north, but nothing will get the Melbourne listeners switching stations quicker.
I was laughing to myself listening to them go on and on about the storm, then talked to Ray Hadley about some s**t to do with the Bronco's!!
LoL, they really dont give a s**t about NRL generally those two bar the Storm, but have very obviously been told to ramp the rugby talk right up.
Most in Melbourne are hapoy to listen to Storm talk but not talk re other NRL teams.

Last edited:
Back