New sports radio station arriving to rival SEN

Remove this Banner Ad

Marko and Ox have a two year extension.

Dave Culbert is on this week, I get the feeling he might be doing more work there.

It seems like they are taking A-League games each week. It is the same Football Nation coverage as SEN?

Last edited:
Marko and Ox have a two year extension.

Dave Culbert is on this week, I get the feeling he mught be doing more work there.

It seems like they are taking A-League games each week. It is the same Football Nation coverage as SEN?

Dave Culbert also said on Tuesday morning that Jason Richardson would be joining MSR as well.

I’m not sure what slot Culbert will be on. Tuesday mornings is usually when Brad Hardie is on and I think because they were doing an OB at Moonee Valley, Brad wasn’t there.

They brought Lehman on for the cricket as well didn't they? Wonder how much he costed. Interest in the national team being as low as it has been for ages won't help in that regard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Nine Entertainment has made its long-awaited move to buy the remaining 45.5 per cent of Macquarie Media that it doesn’t already own - Macquarie's independent directors have recommended the deal"

Not sure what this means for Macquarie Sports Radio but could be the end if they decide on a new direction.

Anyone know what their ratings are like?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The station has now collapsed.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

That's a shame but in reality there is only just enough interest for one 24/7 Sport station.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

So the station is going to stay on air, but just broadcast stuff (filler content) from elsewhere until there is live cricket on, at which point they will magically come back on the air?

"Over the coming months, Macquarie Sports Radio will continue live sport broadcasts including all scheduled Test Match, BBL, one-day internationals and international T20 cricket matches as well as its English Premier League coverage. The stations will draw an increased amount of content from local and international partners, including Macquarie Media's news talk stations and Nine, and will continue to access Macquarie national news services for constantly updated sporting news."

Remember when everyone was up in arms and outraged when Hutchy went through with a flamethrower to half the SEN presenters that they were going to switch over to Macquarie?

Station closes due to bad ratings...once again, fake twitter outrage was all for nothing.

Never was going to have a lot of people actually switch over, but I can personally say I barely listen to SEN compared to how much I did pre-Hutchy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back