News New stadium plans off the table as GC17 puts its case

Remove this Banner Ad

You could start here.

Could you please be a bit more specific? I skimmed through the ones I thought were relevant but was unable to find any articles.

On the whole Carrara thing, though it might not be anyones first choice other than the GCCC, it is our only option at the moment. I agree that Helensvale would have been perfect, however:

1) Nerang Train station is about 2.5-3km from Carrara Stadium and shuttle busses will run back and forth prior to and after games, much as they currently do from South Bank Station to the GABBA or Suncorp Stadium

2) Busses currently go down Broadbeach-Nerang Road every fifteen minutes or so. Hardly poor public transport. Also, there is no confirmation of this, but extending the rapid transit system from Broadbeach to Nerang is one way the GCCC can improve public transport from Pacific Fair to Nerang Station and would go straight past Carrara Stadium

3) There is currently enough parking to service the people that will be driving and plently of room to slap down some more bitumen if required

4) The stigma attached to Carrara has a great deal to do with the association people have with it from the "Bad-News Bears" days. The playing surface is immaculate, the stadium has great potential and over time can be reinvented and be something all Gold Coasters can be proud of.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back