TV New Star Trek series announced; Patrick Stewart to reprise his role as Jean-Luc Picard

Remove this Banner Ad

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Decent first teaser. Nice homage to All Good Things as well. I presume that’s the family vineyard, reminded me of that classic episode “Family” set straight after the events of Best Of Both Worlds.

He really is a great actor, very keen for this.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Trailer looks great. Got some real Logan-esque vibes from Patrick Stewart’s Picard here. Was that 7 also briefly shown in addition to Data?

JackOutback

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I thought we were getting a slow and introspective series, but this looks like also being a traditional sci-fi actioner (the appearance of a mystery character who holds some importance and is being pursued by evil forces). Looks pretty sweet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vader

Sith Lord
Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Thanks, not sure how I missed Troi. Will have to rewatch.
Re-watching the trailer now. I think I got it very wrong. Not Troi.

I thought it was the lady at 1:06 in the trailer posted in the other thread. That's not Troi, now that I've paused it for a better look.

Richard Pryor

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I thought we were getting a slow and introspective series, but this looks like also being a traditional sci-fi actioner (the appearance of a mystery character who holds some importance and is being pursued by evil forces). Looks pretty sweet.
Could still be slow and introspective, but they're not gonna put that in the trailer.

I hope Chakotay shows up to tell a Native American story of dubious provenance.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
an Aussie has been cast in it, as a regular cast member, Evan Evagora
Never heard of him.

Feel like we're punching above our weight (considering our population) in acting even more than we do in sport now.
It's less impressive when you remember there's only about 6 countries where everybody speaks English and is generally white.

Quokka

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Latest trailer

It looks like they might be going all in on guest appearances and tie ins to previous plot lines but I suppose, give the fans what they want. I dropped out of Discovery after maybe half a season but definitely keen to see how this one starts, if they can give it even a half decent storyline it should be great fun to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad