Streaming New Star Trek series announced; Patrick Stewart to reprise his role as Jean-Luc Picard

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't he go senile in the final episode of ST:TNG? In the future aspects of that story?

Yeah, but they've already diverged from that future in several respects (Data is dead, Romulus was destroyed, Riker and Troi married), so I wouldn't assume that would happen.

Decent first teaser. Nice homage to All Good Things as well. I presume that’s the family vineyard, reminded me of that classic episode “Family” set straight after the events of Best Of Both Worlds.

He really is a great actor, very keen for this.

Trailer looks great. Got some real Logan-esque vibes from Patrick Stewart’s Picard here. Was that 7 also briefly shown in addition to Data?

I thought we were getting a slow and introspective series, but this looks like also being a traditional sci-fi actioner (the appearance of a mystery character who holds some importance and is being pursued by evil forces). Looks pretty sweet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks, not sure how I missed Troi. Will have to rewatch.
Re-watching the trailer now. I think I got it very wrong. Not Troi.

I thought it was the lady at 1:06 in the trailer posted in the other thread. That's not Troi, now that I've paused it for a better look.

I thought we were getting a slow and introspective series, but this looks like also being a traditional sci-fi actioner (the appearance of a mystery character who holds some importance and is being pursued by evil forces). Looks pretty sweet.
Could still be slow and introspective, but they're not gonna put that in the trailer.

I hope Chakotay shows up to tell a Native American story of dubious provenance.

Re-watching the trailer now. I think I got it very wrong. Not Troi.

I thought it was the lady at 1:06 in the trailer posted in the other thread. That's not Troi, now that I've paused it for a better look.
She's confirmed she's back though.

an Aussie has been cast in it, as a regular cast member, Evan Evagora

Never heard of him.

Feel like we're punching above our weight (considering our population) in acting even more than we do in sport now.

It's less impressive when you remember there's only about 6 countries where everybody speaks English and is generally white.

Latest trailer

It looks like they might be going all in on guest appearances and tie ins to previous plot lines but I suppose, give the fans what they want. I dropped out of Discovery after maybe half a season but definitely keen to see how this one starts, if they can give it even a half decent storyline it should be great fun to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back