Streaming New Star Trek series announced; Patrick Stewart to reprise his role as Jean-Luc Picard

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I know nothing about this other that heard it was something being made.
When is it out and how can I watch?
Hopefully it worth it.
Not really watched much Star Trek branches from last two decades so not sure whether it will gain my interest or not.
Patrick Stewart was always good though for this type of show so chances are will give it a go but need to know where and when ???

I know nothing about this other that heard it was something being made.
When is it out and how can I watch?
Hopefully it worth it.
Not really watched much Star Trek branches from last two decades so not sure whether it will gain my interest or not.
Patrick Stewart was always good though for this type of show so chances are will give it a go but need to know where and when ???
https://tvtonight.com.au/2019/10/airdate-star-trek-picard.html

It is. It's taken from Star Trek Continues, which is a comedy show inspired by Star Trek: The Original Series. It's not taken from Star Trek Discovery, as the title would suggest.

Isn't it taken from "Short Treks" (which is in the title) which is a new show coming out?

Isn't it taken from "Short Treks" (which is in the title) which is a new show coming out?
I've been searching trying to find the source - I checked out "ST: Continues" after I posted, and realised that the sketch wasn't from there.

I'm really not sure what relationship "Short Treks" has with the official CBS/Paramount productions, and looking through their youtube clips makes it even less clear.

Turns out that it's legit. CBS have made a series of "Short Trek" episodes to accompany Star Trek Discovery. This footage comes from "The Trouble with Edward". How embarrassing for CBS.
Why is it embarrassing? It’s obviously a Tribble-based episode so I assume it’s being played straight up for laughs.

There were four Short Treks last year, they are obviously doing another small batch between season 2 and 3.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved the passion that Patrick Stewart gave in that interview with that arrogant journalist (You don't know what Dunkirk was)

Also I have no idea why some on Twitter are calling the new recurring female hero on the show 'Palpatine's Grandaughter', well I do, but it just shits me as another example of needless misogyny.

As for Taylor's concerns, I am sure the series will pick up narrative and traditional Trek Cerebral story telling, but you have to also consider this series is also pitched at younger/unfamiliar to Star Trek viewers, so having a more action than story based pilot episode will hopefully lure new fans in and stick with the show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back