Movie New Star Wars Movie Series by Game Of Thrones Creators

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice work Disney, nothing like ruining a good thing by over saturating the market.

Pls explain?

For years they were giving us 8-9 new books, countless new comics, new games pretty regularly, they gave us hours upon hours of content in TCW and Rebels, and that wasn't over-saturation but a new 2 hour movie every year is?

Pls explain?

For years they were giving us 8-9 new books, countless new comics, new games pretty regularly, they gave us hours upon hours of content in TCW and Rebels, and that wasn't over-saturation but a new 2 hour movie every year is?

Books, comics, video games is fine (granted one COD per year.... didn't take long for the same formula to become extremely dull and boring).

A Star Wars film should have a build up like the Olympics, a new film every four years. Don't release one per year (especially if the quality is below par - thus diluting the brand).

Books, comics, video games is fine (granted one COD per year.... didn't take long for the same formula to become extremely dull and boring).

A Star Wars film should have a build up like the Olympics, a new film every four years. Don't release one per year (especially if the quality is below par - thus diluting the brand).

I can completely agree quality wise, but objectively speaking I have no issue with a new good film each year. Marvel does 2-3 a year and it isn't hurting their brand.

I can completely agree quality wise, but objectively speaking I have no issue with a new good film each year. Marvel does 2-3 a year and it isn't hurting their brand.

I'm expecting a Marvel slide as soon as the original actors move on. I don't think there's enough interest in the secondary/third tier Marvel characters. Could be proven wrong though!

I'm expecting a Marvel slide as soon as the original actors move on. I don't think there's enough interest in the secondary/third tier Marvel characters. Could be proven wrong though!

Even if there is a slide, they've had a good run, what's it been, 10 years?

The announcement it will be in the Old Republic era is excellent news. And a wise response by Disney after the debacle of the Sequel Trilogy. They botched that whole Skywalker Saga, found it too hard to make right, and tho the ticket sales were there, the reaction by fans made them take notice that they had to do something to fix the potentially dwindling SW IP. They HAD TO do this, focus on another era that is already wildly loved by fans and would reinvigorate interest in fandom.

I dont know how Marvel doesnt cop more s**t for churning out the same generic movie but with a different lead character

I think it is, although only a bit. Without RDJ the whole thing probably falls apart. Disney Wars don't have an outstanding lead, and they don't have 60 years of backstory, per character, to draw on either.

The announcement it will be in the Old Republic era is excellent news. And a wise response by Disney after the debacle of the Sequel Trilogy. They botched that whole Skywalker Saga, found it too hard to make right, and tho the ticket sales were there, the reaction by fans made them take notice that they had to do something to fix the potentially dwindling SW IP. They HAD TO do this, focus on another era that is already wildly loved by fans and would reinvigorate interest in fandom.
That's not official.

I think it is, although only a bit. Without RDJ the whole thing probably falls apart. Disney Wars don't have an outstanding lead, and they don't have 60 years of backstory, per character, to draw on either.
Only 40 years.

So... Like George Lucas?
Exactly; I don't like the prequels but never had a problem with Lucas. Thought the way he bowed out was classy too.

That’s right, there hasn’t.

Bit odd then that you still not only created a hypothetical situation whereby he walked from the project, but then also speculated a reason why he would and then defended his hypothetical reasoning for this hypothetical situation.

Bizarre.
Um, no. Others speculated it would be canned (don't see the two as related myself, negotiations with Benioff and Weiss would have been going on for months, so clearly Disney expected them to run side by side). But as I said, if it was, I wouldn't be surprised if he decided it wasn't worth the hassle. He's copped an absurd amount of s**t from an enormous amount of mouth breathers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's not real, it's @starwarsgeekgangsite922723782pleaselikesubscribeinstagram spreading lame rumour spam.

Exactly; I don't like the prequels but never had a problem with Lucas. Thought the way he bowed out was classy too.

Um, no. Others speculated it would be canned (don't see the two as related myself, negotiations with Benioff and Weiss would have been going on for months, so clearly Disney expected them to run side by side). But as I said, if it was, I wouldn't be surprised if he decided it wasn't worth the hassle. He's copped an absurd amount of s**t from an enormous amount of mouth breathers.
And weird obsessive fan mail from others.

You book readers have desperately tried to convince people of that.

Only read the first book but its obvious watching the show that some major problems started to pop up around season 5 when the show started moving in it's own direction.

Whilst the death threats and 'you ruined Star Wars' comments he received are idiotic, RJ has responded strangely to some genuine criticisms and queries.

The biggest negative takeaway for me so far from the Sequel Trilogy is Disney's/Abrams-as-Exec-Prod's penchant for leaving so much out of the movies in order to fill in the blanks in books, comics, VD, tweets, etc. Just a horrendous "creative decision" to take that route. I understand WHY they did it....to boost broader sales across all mediums...but it was an abject failure. Maybe next time, not leave SO MANY blanks in the movies. No need to gut the movies of such basic exposition in order to boost sales in other related media formats.

I don't think the writing concerns about GoT are justified as they went from being severely restricted by Martin to having to come up with the next legs on their own but still getting to his conclusion, which even he hasn't been able to figure out how to do.
Please tell me this is a pisstake...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back