New style now available for preview

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Dislike the round avatars too.
I don't mind round avatars, but may just be a little out of place given everything else is so boxy, such as the page navigation down the bottom of the thread, the box I'm typing in right now, those sorts of things.

I think the more "rounded" the design, the less borders should be used. If sticking with round avatars, I reckon the current slightly rounded borders need to become more rounded. Currently sitting at 2px border radius, I'd go more like at least 8px. Not exactly like the image I'm posting here (as sometimes the right or left hand borders shouldn't be rounded at all), but something along these lines.

Overall it does look more slick though, I like it.

upload_2017-8-22_13-27-45.png

I also don't like the way a quote just has a vertical line next to it rather than something encapsulating it.

At the end of the day though I'm sure we'll all get used to whatever is served up.
True, part of change is accepting the changes and getting used to it
Stuff like that is pretty easy to play around with though

upload_2017-8-22_14-9-20.png

Hey Chief

I'm noticing that once you've read threads they don't un-bold back on the forum page. Makes it really hard to tell whether the thread has been read or not.

Hey Chief

I'm noticing that once you've read threads they don't un-bold back on the forum page. Makes it really hard to tell whether the thread has been read or not.
That's strange, I think it does for me.

I'll have a poke around.

Too bright/colour contrast is out. There is barely any differentiation between the quoted post and another poster replying.

Looks quite well differentiated to me. Do you see the bar on the left? I darkened the quoted text as it was far too faint in the standard styling.

quote.PNG

I didn't change anything though. Does it look different now to earlier in the day?
Yep, looked all white to me so there was no differentiation between a quoted post and the reply.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, have been for years.
Sometimes I've found that when using a CDN that the styling, as seen by your visitors, will stay looking the "old way" for far longer than the default 4 hours. Unless a hard refresh is done (CTRL + F5)

A bit of feedback. Right now when viewing the main forums we have this:
upload_2017-8-22_19-5-8.png
I feel as though we could have separate icons for all of them. Excuse the mockup but I only have paint on my laptop.
upload_2017-8-22_19-18-24.png

I like it a lot on the desktop, on mobile it's a miss for mine. Will probably push me to using the app or Tapatalk on my phone.

As others have said. The main page needs things flipped so all your personal info is on the left to suit how we read (L to R). Some areas of the UI should be darkened to clarify them a bit better, otherwise I'm happy and can adapt to whatever is served up.

might be because it's different, but theres something i just can't quite put my finger on that i don't like. it's very clean. not a massive fan onf the circular avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back