News New Swans sponsor Qatar Airways. Oh well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ethical moral reasons? Nah let's not be silly here. If our government does business with them we c an take the money
I agree.

Given the money spent by the Government to lure them to fly into Adelaide, why not get some back in the guise of sponsoring the biggest sporting club in the state.

I agree.

Given the money spent by the Government to lure them to fly into Adelaide, why not get some back in the guise of sponsoring the biggest sporting club in the state.

Now see, you did it again. Roochie and the PAPS will be getting very upset about this - the official membership numbers 'n all.

Just got an email from Business SA, inviting me to the Back To Business luncheon where the Hon Malcolm Turnbull MP will be giving a speeck, k.k.k., the Prime Minister.

I noticed something at the bottom...

Presented by BankSA (with a new crappy logo)

Supported by Qatar Airways

first bit of sponsorship i've seen of theirs since the rumours they were coming here surfaced

Just got an email from Business SA, inviting me to the Back To Business luncheon where the Hon Malcolm Turnbull MP will be giving a speeck, k.k.k., the Prime Minister.

I noticed something at the bottom...

Presented by BankSA (with a new crappy logo)

Supported by Qatar Airways

first bit of sponsorship i've seen of theirs since the rumours they were coming here surfaced

Is that the crappy logo they did 12 months ago that a 4 year old drew (and looks very similar to the US Bank logo), or have they gone for another bizarre brand refresh, like their failed Piping Shrike campaign.

Soooooo Qatar starts its flights to/from Adelaide today. Will we hear something in regards to sponsorship or do we disregard it completely?

Soooooo Qatar starts its flights to/from Adelaide today. Will we hear something in regards to sponsorship or do we disregard it completely?

Disregard it, the original email that was sent around was them getting data together so they could make a pitch to QA and ask them for money, it was more than likely unsuccessful.

Not Qatar, but Crows signed a big new extension with Toyota worth almost $3 million.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...0/news-story/d8d80d6f62e49c8384330daaef21e7d9

CAR manufacturer Toyota today will lift the Crows to the top rungs of Australian sports sponsorship deals while extending its major partnership with the Adelaide Football Club to the end of 2019.

Toyota will sign a cheque to close in on the record $3 million-a-year deal rival car maker Holden has with Collingwood.

Also saw an article saying that CUB were lessening the amount they pay the AFL, which may allow clubs to work out individual sponsorships with brewery brands. Let's get Coopers on board if that's the case!

Not Qatar, but Crows signed a big new extension with Toyota worth almost $3 million.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...0/news-story/d8d80d6f62e49c8384330daaef21e7d9

Also saw an article saying that CUB were lessening the amount they pay the AFL, which may allow clubs to work out individual sponsorships with brewery brands. Let's get Coopers on board if that's the case!
I'm not proud of the fact that we called ourselves the 'Camry Crows' in the early days, but Toyota has been such a great sponsor of the AFC. Don't underestimate the stability it brings to have always had the same major sponsor for the club's entire lifetime. I hope it stays that way forever. Note that they also sponsor the AFL itself.

and how much of that do we have to spend in Japan?

Great news though, won't get the fanfare some similar announcements get because it's not "saving" the club. I didn't realise our major sponsor was approaching $3 million, that leaves quite a bit of room for those recently categorised Platinum partners to also be paying a fair bit.

Not so important, but also love that over all of our years it's pretty much the same logo on our guernseys, back and front and as far as logos go, it has become a really good one, no bright green bumper sticker looking thing across the back, or coloured patch on the front etc.

CAR manufacturer Toyota today will lift the Crows to the top rungs of Australian sports sponsorship deals while extending its major partnership with the Adelaide Football Club to the end of 2019.

Toyota will sign a cheque to close in on the record $3 million-a-year deal rival car maker Holden has with Collingwood.

I just spent far too long trying to work out what the acronym "CAR" meant...

Great, well done and we didn't have to sell our soul like our poor cousins.

Um... because they're soulless!

Also, sponsorship for 2015 was $13.6M

I'm sure I heard this morning that it was $2M and it was going up a cool mill to $3M

So, our major highest level sponsor only counted for 15% of our sponsorship revenues last year, that's a good spread.

Also, if our sponsorship jumps to $14.6M, that's an increase of 7%, way better than a poke in the eye with a stick.

Nice work to the admin on that one - Go Fages!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure I heard this morning that it was $2M and it was going up a cool mill to $3M

So, our major highest level sponsor only counted for 15% of our sponsorship revenues last year, that's a good spread.

Also, if our sponsorship jumps to $14.6M, that's an increase of 7%, way better than a poke in the eye with a stick.

That is actually Nigel's responsibility but Fages definitely has been putting pressure on him to continually improve each year.

Forgetting about the shallow, substance lacking Port Power, I wonder how our sponsorship revenue compares to clubs like Collingwood, West Coast and Hawthorn.

I'd be certain Port don't have the AFL's highest sponsorship amount.

I know little about reading the financial statements but one that I found unsurprising was marketing spend.

2014.. Port 1.4 million, Adelaide 798 thousand.
2015.. Port 1.3 million, Adelaide 925 thousand.

Also from the Footy Industry board

Port 54,000 members, revenue 10.5 million, average $194 per member.
Crows 52,000 members, revenue 17.3 million, average $327 per member.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back