New teams coming over the the NFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour is fact, nfl met with 2 WARRINGAL parkland teams on the new addition of a prospective team in DIV 3. One was happy to accept and the other provided an ultimatum to the NFL regarding transfer of players from club to club. 1 club has taken 31 players in 4 yrs while the other hasn't taken any. Why would a club be worried about the introduction of a new team.

Stiff Sh1t to Heidelberg West. They need to look after their own backyard instead of harming other clubs
Please point out which clubs Heidelberg West are harming? Wouldn't of thought much damage was being done from the bottom of div3????

Stiff Sh1t to Heidelberg West. They need to look after their own backyard instead of harming other clubs
Please point out which clubs Heidelberg West are harming? Wouldn't of thought much damage was being done from the bottom of div3????
Rumour is fact, nfl met with 2 WARRINGAL parkland teams on the new addition of a prospective team in DIV 3. One was happy to accept and the other provided an ultimatum to the NFL regarding transfer of players from club to club. 1 club has taken 31 players in 4 yrs while the other hasn't taken any. Why would a club be worried about the introduction of a new team.

31 players in 4 years? Seems like a lot what has banyule done to keep those players perhaps they were coming out of junior football and weren't seen as required senior players and moved to another club for an opportunity?

I think what HBFlanker was referring to was the earlier comments of if Heidelberg west say no to Banyule entering the NFL, they are harming Banyule.

I cant see there being a problem with either of the other tenants of Beverley road as they are both established clubs with proud histories.

Hopefully Parkside stay on board now, which would leave Division 3 as an 8 team competition, which is what everyone wants.

For what its worth, Banyule will go very close to the Div 3 premiership next year if they keep their current squad.

i just grabbed this from the NFL web site
"
Banyule accepted into Northern Football League
Thursday, September 18, 2014
BANYULE Football Club was last night accepted into the Northern Football League at a special general meeting held at La Trobe University.
The majority of the NFL’s member clubs voted in favour of Banyule joining the league.
Banyule will join the NFL from the Victorian Amateur Football League (VAFA). In 2014, the club competed in Premier C of the VAFA.
Banyule will compete in the NFL’s Division 3 competition in 2015.
AFL Victoria is required to ratify Banyule’s transfer from the VAFA to the NFL."

So it's confirmed...

Good news for the NFL. Three sides nicknamed Bears in the NFL - one in every division. Hopefully Parkside stays as well.

i just grabbed this from the NFL web site
"
Banyule accepted into Northern Football League
Thursday, September 18, 2014
BANYULE Football Club was last night accepted into the Northern Football League at a special general meeting held at La Trobe University.
The majority of the NFL’s member clubs voted in favour of Banyule joining the league.
Banyule will join the NFL from the Victorian Amateur Football League (VAFA). In 2014, the club competed in Premier C of the VAFA.
Banyule will compete in the NFL’s Division 3 competition in 2015.
AFL Victoria is required to ratify Banyule’s transfer from the VAFA to the NFL."

Good news for the NFL. And without any disrespect to Parkside, assuming that the VAFA accepts them, and why wouldn't they as it strengthens their footprint in the northern suburbs, I think the NFL is getting the far better deal in this "swap".

Any thoughts about the next senior clubs to come in?

Always thought Mill Park would have been in by now.
How far away is Laurimar
Is Donnybrook a possibility of reforming into the future
Would Wallan come back if clubs nearer to them were formed

How far away are we from a 10-10-10 setup ...

Any thoughts about the next senior clubs to come in?

Always thought Mill Park would have been in by now.
How far away is Laurimar
Is Donnybrook a possibility of reforming into the future
Would Wallan come back if clubs nearer to them were formed

How far away are we from a 10-10-10 setup ...

we are years from 10-10-10 mill park could have had seniors by now so I don't think its on their radar Laurimar are only at the u15 level you would think they are at least 4 to 5 years before their u15 have finished at u19 and they have a steady stream of age players to follow up thru the grades .
Donnybrook who know but the have teams around them (Epping and Whittelsea in The NFL) and Wallan I the RDFL as for wallan from all reports they are happy in the RDFL but they were a club of thugs when they were in the NFL so the might not be asked back

not sure if posted somewhere but found this article on the local footy.com about Kilmore's entry in to the NFL, this thread seems appropriate for it.

Kilmore applies to join Northern Football League Division 3 after 28 years in Riddell District Football League
THE Northern Football League looks set to welcome a new club in 2016, with Kilmore applying to join Division 3.

The Riddell District Football League outfit held talks with the NFL last Tuesday regarding the application and will ask its members to vote on the switch on September 25.

Should that vote pass, a further meeting will be held with the NFL and its club presidents on September 29, which could rubberstamp the move. The NFL has indicated it will ask member clubs to accept Kilmore’s application for a spot in Division 3, which currently has seven teams. Kilmore president David Milne said a switch to the NFL was viewed as important for the Blues’ long-term viability.

“We’re just exploring all options and it just sort of started snowballing so we’ve gone with it,” he told Leader.

“Most of our players, because they’re all young blokes, are either working in the northern suburbs, living there or going to uni there. Most of them don’t want to just keep travelling up every week and then heading over to Melton or whatever.

story-fni5htyf-1227528412575

“So to keep our player base, it’s going to end up being a necessity. There’s probably 20-odd kids living down there, so every second week is going to be like a home gave for them.”

Kilmore has collected the past three wooden spoons in the RDFL, going winless in 2013 and winning only one game in both 2014 and 2015.

The RDFL was blindsided by Kilmore’s application to join the NFL but said in a statement last week it would meet with the club next Monday to gauge if it could do anything to help keep the Blues in its competition.

“We are committed to working closely with the Kilmore FNC during the process that will now be followed,” the statement said. “We obviously remain hopeful that their future will continue to lie within the Riddell District FNL.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...-football-league/story-fni5htyf-1227528412575

Just wandering if Kilmore is accepted will this put pressure on Wallan to make the switch too? considering the Wallan juniors play in the NFL.
Or will it just be a case of watch and wait to see how Kilmore perform before Wallan decide to switch over as well? or are Wallan happy to stay in RDFL and are not concerned? checking Wallan's history in the RDFL since going back in 08 hasn't been to good, mediocrity at best. maybe Div3 in the NFL will be best for them too.

thoughts..

Last edited:
Can't for the life of me understand how or why Kilmore can even be part of the NFL. 1 hour drive from eltham. Surely someone like bulleen templestowe would be a much better fit
LOL they way you put it you Eltham boys will have to book a hotel for the night and make it a road trip . Also I don't the NFL is in a position to turn sides away as the NFL is the only comp in the area not expanding with new teams unlike the edfl and wrfl . as for Bullen temp I coached against them a couple of years ago and from what I gather from talking to people at the club they are very happy in the ammos do doing ok, though they did drop from d1 to d2 for next season still its no reason to jump ship

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also I think a hour drive, once or maybe twice a year is better than 16 games and 3 byes

Wouldn't be that bad for Kilmore in Div3 with Mernda, South Morang and Epping not to far down the round next season. (well wouldn't be an hour away)
I think the bigger concern will be if they are going to be competitive, have gotten the wooden spoon the last three season with only two win in three season!! don't know how good of a league the RDFL is but that's pretty piss poor!

haha don't think Eltham will have to travel to Kilmore for a few years anyway ONTHEPROWL

I think because there is 13 teams in RDFL, and there is no hope for a 2nd Div in RDFL, it appears that NFL 3rd Div might give Kilmore a change to be competitive and more successful in the future. They move to the NFL might even help them to survive! Just taking a punt with this comment.

Can't for the life of me understand how or why Kilmore can even be part of the NFL. 1 hour drive from eltham. Surely someone like bulleen templestowe would be a much better fit
How long Northcote to Whittlesea with Plenty road the way it is.
It is a positive move which could possibly bring in others

Kilmore to be Northern Football League’s boundary if switch from Riddell District Football League gets green light
KILMORE will become the Northern Football League’s furthest outpost if its move from the Riddell District Football League is given the green light.

NFL chief executive Peter McDougall told Local Footy the competition’s boundaries were unlikely to stretch beyond Kilmore, which is more than 60km from inner-city clubs such as Northcote Park and Heidelberg.

“It’s an interesting one, 14 minutes past Wallan, which doesn’t sound too far,” McDougall said.

“But 14 minutes is still 14 minutes, whichever way you look at it.

“Wallan’s juniors play in the league and (their) seniors did play in the league previously.

“I would think ... Kilmore would probably be the furthest outpost we would want to go to.”

NFL clubs will vote on Tuesday night on the Blues’ proposed switch, with the league recommending it be rubberstamped.

McDougall said the league’s meetings with Kilmore officials had been positive.

Earlier this month, Kilmore president David Milne said the move was “a necessity” if the club was to maintain its playing group.

“There’s probably 20-odd kids living down there, so every second week is going to be like a home gave for them,” Milne said.

The Blues finished bottom of the RDFL this year, winning only one match.

Kilmore will start in Division 3 if its move to the NFL is ticked off, eliminating the bye which exists in the current seven-team competition.

It is expected the NFL’s lowest tier will continue with a four-team finals series regardless of the outcome of the Blues’ bid.

“An extra team in third division is good, but saying that it’s not just about an extra number,” McDougall said.

“It’s also making sure if we’re going to allow a new club to come into the league, it’s important they’re a good club — well organised, well structured, financially viable.

“Rather than just taking anyone to fill a gap. They tick all the boxes from that point of view.”

If NFL clubs accept Kilmore’s application, it would then need approval from AFL Victoria.

The scope of the league’s player points system will also be voted on at the meeting of clubs ahead of its introduction in 2016.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...gets-green-light/story-fni5htyf-1227547592839

So how long after Tuesday's votes Until AFL Victoria approve off it? and what process does that involve? or is it all just a formality?

So how long after Tuesday's votes Until AFL Victoria approve off it? and what process does that involve? or is it all just a formality?[/QUOTE]

My understanding is after NFL clubs vote yes then RDFL either allows the move or objects to it, and if they object than it goes to AFL Vic for the final decision.

not sure if posted somewhere but found this article on the local footy.com about Kilmore's entry in to the NFL, this thread seems appropriate for it.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...-football-league/story-fni5htyf-1227528412575

Just wandering if Kilmore is accepted will this put pressure on Wallan to make the switch too? considering the Wallan juniors play in the NFL.
Or will it just be a case of watch and wait to see how Kilmore perform before Wallan decide to switch over as well? or are Wallan happy to stay in RDFL and are not concerned? checking Wallan's history in the RDFL since going back in 08 hasn't been to good, mediocrity at best. maybe Div3 in the NFL will be best for them too.

thoughts..
Been there. Done that. Not likely !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back