New teams coming over the the NFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Kilmore joins NFL

Tuesday, November 17, 2015
KILMORE Football Netball Club has officially joined the Northern Football League.

The club’s transfer from the Riddell District Football League was ratified by AFL Victoria on Tuesday.

NFL member clubs unanimously voted in favour of Kilmore joining the league at a special general meeting held at La Trobe University in September.

NFL chief executive Peter McDougall welcomed the addition of Kilmore to the Northern Football League.

“The Northern Football League is extremely pleased to have Kilmore join our football and netball competitions,” McDougall said.

“The club believes the move to the NFL will enhance its long-term viability and I am certain Kilmore will be a successful and vibrant club in our league.

“The addition of Kilmore assists with growing our senior football competition and will also enable us to increase our number of senior netball teams.”

Kilmore will compete in Division 3 of the NFL’s football competition in 2016. This will make Division 3 an eight-team competition and remove the bye from the fixture.

Kilmore is the second senior club to transfer into the NFL in the past two seasons after Banyule joined from the Victorian Amateur Football League (VAFA) in October last year.

http://www.nfl.org.au/index.php?id=...]=2214&cHash=52cce45f33f4c20b0069133a479cba70

I

Laurimar have interviewed at least 3 candidates for the senior job, suggests they will be there in 2017. Haven't heard much regarding reservoir though.
Reservoir currently interviewing coaches at the moment how ever not sure about player numbers you would have to think they would need at a minimum 50 players which does not leave a lot of room for injuries

Reservoir currently interviewing coaches at the moment how ever not sure about player numbers you would have to think they would need at a minimum 50 players which does not leave a lot of room for injuries

Has there been indication of players returning to the club? It appears quite a few are still competing in local leagues.

Any names??

I've heard a lot of south Morang 2's players going to laurimar

In Re: to Rezza , a core bunch of players have commited to returning , a lot of new faces also the club has been on the front foot talking to old players and recruiting a mix of youth and experience, things are looking good

In Re: to Rezza , a core bunch of players have commited to returning , a lot of new faces also the club has been on the front foot talking to old players and recruiting a mix of youth and experience, things are looking good

Fair emoigh new faces are pretty important for the club

Where were all these returning blokes this year when the club needed them most?

The guys I played with this year from resa who were all cracking blokes only came to us when the decision had been made that the club wouldn't get up for 2016

In my opinion it was the poorest form what happened to resa from certain individuals

Was it that there was no money to be compretitibe in the next division up and they knew it so moved on

Or

Was it guys just didn't want the challenge of the next div up?

Fair emoigh new faces are pretty important for the club

Where were all these returning blokes this year when the club needed them most?

The guys I played with this year from resa who were all cracking blokes only came to us when the decision had been made that the club wouldn't get up for 2016

In my opinion it was the poorest form what happened to resa from certain individuals

Was it that there was no money to be compretitibe in the next division up and they knew it so moved on

Or

Was it guys just didn't want the challenge of the next div up?

you can dissect it as much as you want, and we all know how much people like passing the buck ,it isn't gonna change what happened this year, at the end of the day the club is going to be back on the park in 2017, exciting times ahead at crispe park

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just read on Facebook that there is a campaign to revive the old Keon Park Football club. Can anyone shed anymore light on the progress?

if anyone can post this article above as its paywalled would be great

the Keon Park Football Club revival page:

Just read on Facebook that there is a campaign to revive the old Keon Park Football club. Can anyone shed anymore light on the progress?

if anyone can post this article above as its paywalled would be great

the Keon Park Football Club revival page:

Is that article from a year ago as couldn’t locate it mate.

NFNL need to work seriously hard on finding new sides

Ivanhoe
Parade
Wallan
Kinglake
Yarra Glen
Bulleen Templestowe

all potential imo

They should be doing everything they can to get 3 even divisions of 10 teams.

Of those listed
Ivanhoe - middle of the road in D2 VAFA there's been the odd murmur about them moving over but nothing significant

Old Paradians - similar position to Ivanhoe however there have been rumours in the last couple of years that the club is looking at moving, however none have been substantiated. IMO they would be silly not to consider a move, however they have a long and storied history in the Ammos

Wallan - probably the likeliest of all clubs listed if any were to move. The RDFL is on the nose with Kilmore, Sunbury Kangaroos, Rupertswood and Broadford leaving to join rival leagues in the previous 2-3 years. The league is now only 9 teams with the bottom 2-3 consistently noncompetitive. Wallan have become a strong side are being mid-low table for most years after leaving the DVFL and may fancy there chances NFNL D3 and above. Not to mention travel concerns are probably less significant than when they left the league, given we have 3 divisions (they were in the old D2 which regularly featured 14-15 sides), many of which, in the lower divisions, are actually comparable travel times or closer than the RDFL counterparts (ie Kilmore, Mernda, Epping, South Morang, Laurimar)

Yarra Glen and Kinglake - unlikely imo. Even though Kinglake have a history in the league and have their juniors compete in the NFNL, I can't see them leaving the current setup, despite the changes to the strange AFL Outer East a few years back. Would be more likely to join the EFL.

Bulleen Temp - in a worse position than Ivanhoe and Parade, maybe a change of scenery is required? I think they'd look at the EFL before the NFNL.

Others:
Parkside - have already tried the NFNL and won't be back I don't believe
Warrandyte - DVFL Foundation club, location wise still make some sense but wouldn't have thought they're looking to move
Templestowe - see above

Junior club creating a senior club? Highly unlikely. I admire those that tried to get the Keon Park FC Seniors off the ground but unfortunately they've had very few junior teams for the last 20 years, in an area where the demographics are not conducive to such a proposal. It worked for Laurimar and St.Marys because both would be in the top % of junior clubs in terms of registrations.

NFNL need to work seriously hard on finding new sides

Ivanhoe
Parade
Wallan
Kinglake
Yarra Glen
Bulleen Templestowe

all potential imo

Agree with these names but the will all be behind North Epping/Wollert if this article is anything to go by:

Id imagine Covid has pushed this back but its a massive growth area.

Id look to add the following in order in the next 3 years:

North Epping/Wollert
Ivanhoe
Parade

They should be doing everything they can to get 3 even divisions of 10 teams.

Of those listed
Ivanhoe - middle of the road in D2 VAFA there's been the odd murmur about them moving over but nothing significant

Old Paradians - similar position to Ivanhoe however there have been rumours in the last couple of years that the club is looking at moving, however none have been substantiated. IMO they would be silly not to consider a move, however they have a long and storied history in the Ammos

Wallan - probably the likeliest of all clubs listed if any were to move. The RDFL is on the nose with Kilmore, Sunbury Kangaroos, Rupertswood and Broadford leaving to join rival leagues in the previous 2-3 years. The league is now only 9 teams with the bottom 2-3 consistently noncompetitive. Wallan have become a strong side are being mid-low table for most years after leaving the DVFL and may fancy there chances NFNL D3 and above. Not to mention travel concerns are probably less significant than when they left the league, given we have 3 divisions (they were in the old D2 which regularly featured 14-15 sides), many of which, in the lower divisions, are actually comparable travel times or closer than the RDFL counterparts (ie Kilmore, Mernda, Epping, South Morang, Laurimar)

Yarra Glen and Kinglake - unlikely imo. Even though Kinglake have a history in the league and have their juniors compete in the NFNL, I can't see them leaving the current setup, despite the changes to the strange AFL Outer East a few years back. Would be more likely to join the EFL.

Bulleen Temp - in a worse position than Ivanhoe and Parade, maybe a change of scenery is required? I think they'd look at the EFL before the NFNL.

Others:
Parkside - have already tried the NFNL and won't be back I don't believe
Warrandyte - DVFL Foundation club, location wise still make some sense but wouldn't have thought they're looking to move
Templestowe - see above

Junior club creating a senior club? Highly unlikely. I admire those that tried to get the Keon Park FC Seniors off the ground but unfortunately they've had very few junior teams for the last 20 years, in an area where the demographics are not conducive to such a proposal. It worked for Laurimar and St.Marys because both would be in the top % of junior clubs in terms of registrations.
Keon Park has next to no chance of forming a senior team. What incentives do current players have to move there. They aren't a st marys or laurimar type club where they can hit the ground running and all you need to do is look at Lalor and reservoir in their immediate area to see how struggling clubs already are in that zone when all they have are struggling juniors.

Keon Park has next to no chance of forming a senior team. What incentives do current players have to move there. They aren't a st marys or laurimar type club where they can hit the ground running and all you need to do is look at Lalor and reservoir in their immediate area to see how struggling clubs already are in that zone when all they have are struggling juniors.

Who does Keon Park Juniors align with? I would hope Reservoir or Lalor had some sort of dibs in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back