News New Theme for BigFooty

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been asked or is available, but is there a dark theme for BF yet? I usually browse around midnight when I'm home from work and literally shed tears by looking into this white glow that is this forum lol.

I had no plans for one. There is a feature that allows users to switch colours but I haven't been able to get it to work yet.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good stuff, bit of a learning curve but looks pretty clean and sharp.

Is there any thought to putting the dates back under the usernames in the last message column, and the title column, for posts over a day old? I think it's much more relevant than the "days/weeks/months/years elapsed since....) as is currently.

Two suggestions:

1. Use the same box-filled colour scheme on the new post indicator within the each thread as the one that's used for new posts in threads and subforums; it's currently very understated and you can miss when you've reached new posts if you're scrolling.

2. Increase the size of the profile icon being used for the user profile menu at the top right, as it's too small to make clear what the icon actually is unless you have a very obvious design to your profile pic.

Been using this a couple of days now and I like it. My main issue is on the main page of boards there's not enough of a contrast between the bold text of threads with new posts and the standard text of threads you've already read. I think the latter needs to be lighter.

Yo Chief - when's this theme going live across the forum? I'm thinking of throwing a launch party for it.
Not sure - we have more things to bring over from the old style and a couple of mobile issues to resolve.

I have used it for a week and have found it ok. A lot of getting used to but I dont have that nervous tic of wanting to go back to the old skin. Like a lot of people I am struggling with the right hand conversation pane but figure that will become second nature over time.

Like many site re-designs, it is putrid.

Adds nothing for me, and funny enough, one of the themes makes the ad sponsored links descriptions at the bottom of pages impossible to read. Much harder to read what page you are on, too.

Epic fail IMO.

Edit. Mysteriously my sig has returned, so that's a good thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like many site re-designs, it is putrid.

Adds nothing for me, and funny enough, one of the themes makes the ad sponsored links descriptions at the bottom of pages impossible to read. Much harder to read what page you are on, too.

Epic fail IMO.

Edit. Mysteriously my sig has returned, so that's a good thing.
What settings do you have on your browser? Do you re-size your window?

I'm at a loss as to why you'd find it "putrid".

I have used it for a week and have found it ok. A lot of getting used to but I dont have that nervous tic of wanting to go back to the old skin. Like a lot of people I am struggling with the right hand conversation pane but figure that will become second nature over time.
After nearly a month I have forgotten what the other one looked like. I am used to it, some little bugs ie no Watched Threads tab on club or AFL page but thats minor. The colour is a bit white but again thats personal taste.

Just when I finally got used to the old theme lol.

EDIT: How come when I pick BF Mobile Theme from the menu at the bottom of the page, it reverts to the Slick theme? Are they the same?

EDIT: Also, is there a way to add a refresh page button down the bottom? Instead of having to refresh it through the browser to see new posts? I know some other forums have them.

EDIT: I'm on mobile and it doesn't show the team supporter flag next to someone's name anymore. Is that intentional?

EDIT: Chief

Last edited:
giphy.gif

The mobile version is quite messy - lots happening on screen and some strange sizing choices. Almost looks like an unoptimized site to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back